Oudh Infini reformulated?

U2u

Jul 26, 2014
Pissara is doing a live IG interview with theperfumeguy and the question was put to her...
Not reformulated.
She spoke somewhat about natural ingredients and the issues we have heard before.
The interview will undoubtedly be posted for all to see in due course.

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
Pissara is doing a live IG interview with theperfumeguy and the question was put to her...
Not reformulated.
She spoke somewhat about natural ingredients and the issues we have heard before.

Was just about to post this. She says Issara is still her favorite because it was before she thought of Dusita. It was just hers. Makes sense. I love Issara. Still I found it interesting that no one likes Le Sillage Blanc. I think it’s wonderful!

U2u

Jul 26, 2014
Was just about to post this. She says Issara is still her favorite because it was before she thought of Dusita. It was just hers. Makes sense. I love Issara. Still I found it interesting that no one likes Le Sillage Blanc. I think it’s wonderful!

Issara was the first bottle I purchased, Oudh Infini the second. If I go for a third Le Sillage Blanc would be it. Haven't noticed comment on it so I will have to look. I had a large sample and always found it to be uplifting.

purecaramel

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 9, 2013
By chance are you the one who scored the last bottle when he had the 30% off sale?
I just missed it and believe I got the first of the next batch.
Some very good points being made in this thread. Maybe some batch numbers would reveal a pattern tying in with the various reports?

That would be me.

La Douceur de Siam B581312
Le Sillage Blanc B5711311
Oud Infini B561331

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
Not reformulated.

This is wonderful news!

Oud Dude

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 22, 2018
That would be me.

La Douceur de Siam B581312
Le Sillage Blanc B5711311
Oud Infini B561331

Hmmmm... my bottle of OI is also that same batch. I compared it to a sample I have of unknown date. Liquid is the exact same color so it may be the same batch as my bottle. Unfortunately I'm spraying on one arm and dabbing on the other but if there are differences they are very slight. The sample has this slightly bitter fresh green apple thing happening up top- must be how the rose is interacting with the orange blossom. Animalic quotient is the same. Dry down is the same.

This is a very strong memory-evoking scent for me. If I somehow missed on an earlier more-potent or raucous version of this I don't mind at all as the bottle I have is wonderful. As a side note, there's apparently still enough animalic action happening here that my daughter said it smelled like a "fun zoo'. :laugh:

ben805

Banned
Apr 11, 2019
Just received my new bottle and tried a spray on my left arm and a spray of my ancient sample on my right.

They smell exactly the same.

What batch code do you have on this new bottle? I'll check and post mine when i get home from work this evening.

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
exactly the same as mine, B561331. So how does it smell to you? animalic and skanky?

Must be my nose then, looks like I have a significantly higher tolerance than most people. lol

Yes, it smells just as oud- and civet-filled as ever, with a large dose of naphthalene-like notes all the way through. No reformulation here.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
exactly the same as mine, B561331. So how does it smell to you? animalic and skanky?

Must be my nose then, looks like I have a significantly higher tolerance than most people. lol

Animalic doesn’t necessarily mean that something smells “skanky” or “rough” but rather it smells like the animalic material used is present. Most animalics smell absolutely beautiful when blended properly and used with proper dilution.

strifeknot

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 28, 2008
Miyako has been unavailable for months at a time on numerous occasions since its release. I'm sure another batch will come.

ben805

Banned
Apr 11, 2019
Animalic doesn’t necessarily mean that something smells “skanky” or “rough” but rather it smells like the animalic material used is present. Most animalics smell absolutely beautiful when blended properly and used with proper dilution.

Yea, Musk Khabib and Mysterious Oud are on the animalic side and they are definitely not skanky to my nose at all.

FragSyndrome

Sep 14, 2016
So..... here we are over a year later. I figure it'd be fun to make a necropost :)

I've gone through 2 sample vials of Oudh Infini and a friends sample as well. I did detect some minor variations between samples but none of the variations has anything to do with how "skanky" this fragrance is. I still find it to be relatively tame by my standards. My spouse even said that it's one of my better fragrance and enjoys wearing it herself (which I'm still in disbelief of).

While I still don't relate to the "monster barnyard" and "repulsive fecal" reputation that follows this fragrance, I do absolutely love it's raw animalics, rose, and petrol notes.

So I bought a bottle from a basenoter and I must report that the batch that I received is stunning. The composition is so much deeper and "full spectrum" compared to the relatively 'tinny' samples I've tried. I am so glad that I bought this frag and while I do worry about wearing it to work (because of community feedback on fragrantica rather than my own assessment of the scent), I do wear it in public and love every moment of it.

In-fact, I'm enjoying Oudh Infini so much that I'd even buy a backup bottle of it if one was to show up in the marketplace in an affordable price range.

Latest News