Opinions/reviews on these two Parfumerie Particuliere fragrances?

Daze

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 2, 2011
I own three 'Parfumerie Particuliere' fragrances: 'Black Tar', 'Type Writer' and 'Pluie Noire' and love all three. Two others that have my interest are 'Berlin(h)er' and 'Belle Epoque', but there's hardly any reviews on these.

Anyone who tried/owns these can give me a description/review of these fragrances? Thanks a lot!

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
I own every release from this house. Belle Epoque is a nice woody amber with licorice and incense prominent and Berlin(h)er is an exquisite aromatic woody scent with a nice mint note. You should also consider the Saint Mariner.

Daze

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 2, 2011
I own every release from this house. Belle Epoque is a nice woody amber with licorice and incense prominent and Berlin(h)er is an exquisite aromatic woody scent with a nice mint note. You should also consider the Saint Mariner.

Thanks hednic!

Belle Epoque: Is it very smoky, does it have a campfire vibe as I've read somewhere? Does it veer into animalic amber incense, as I don't get along with that very well?

Berlin(h)er: How strong is the cannabis note, is it very prominent? Same goes for the mint.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Thanks hednic!

Belle Epoque: Is it very smoky, does it have a campfire vibe as I've read somewhere? Does it veer into animalic amber incense, as I don't get along with that very well?

Berlin(h)er: How strong is the cannabis note, is it very prominent? Same goes for the mint.
Just my observations on the above: The first is smoky but not overly and not animalic. The second the mint is more prominent than the cannabis, once again but not overly.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
I wasn't familiar with this house, but I just looked them up. These seem like quite interesting compositions.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Thanks hednic!

If you decide to purchase any more of them, please don't forget to share your feelings. I don't know any others aside from you and me that are personally familiar with this house. :)

Daze

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 2, 2011
If you decide to purchase any more of them, please don't forget to share your feelings. I don't know any others aside from you and me that are personally familiar with this house. :)
Will do hednic 😉 Have samples on the way of Berlin(h)er, Belle Epoque and The Saint Mariner.

DavidSG

Basenotes Member
Oct 20, 2019
Will do hednic 😉 Have samples on the way of Berlin(h)er, Belle Epoque and The Saint Mariner.
So, how did you like them? I have Black Tar and Type Writer and I love them both. Pluie Noire sounds great, but I haven't had my nose on it yet. But I think a blind buy is possible here, though?

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...