One that I don't see much talk on, Missoni Parfum Pour Homme

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
I take back what I said. I gave this another full wear, and I was reminded of why it's so special.

This opens up bright-fresh, and feels kind of nice but at first I don't get too much nuance. I got wear it more to appreciate this part of it.

Then it starts to creep into Bleu de Chanel/Dylan Blue territory but doesn't quite go all the way, because you don't get that heavy spicy aspect of those two. It's like a very subtle take on the genre of 2010s dark blue trend.

Then it dries down further, and THIS is what I remember liking so much about it when I first sampled it. Some other notes come into play that give it this additional character, that elevates it above just being a quieter Blue de Chanel-type. It almost reminds me of Trussardi Uomo, which I know, sounds crazy. TU is an ultra dry leather scent. However, at the tail end of that classic's dry down, there's this fresh, sexy, smell that emerges/remains, when all that harsh dryness dies off. That is what I get in Missoni Pour Homme's dry down. There's a freshness with a hint of weight that gives it some gravitas.

I saw at Fragrantica everyone's comparing it to Bleu de Chanel, but one person said it reminds them of Grigio Perla, another 80s classic.

@Zealot Crusader
I read your review of Missoni where you said the following:

Okay, so it's not just me. Birch smoke and sandalwood. Patchouli. TU has sandald wood AND patchouli. That must be what it is.

Man, I love this little fragrance. The presentation of the bottle is superb. It's got a modern, magnetic cap, but the bottle design itself is conveying some age and legacy. It harkens to the old school. Kind of like the scent itself.

I blind bought this one after reading this thread and Varanis Ridari's review. BdC meets barbershop? Worth a shot. I ordered earlier this week and should have it in a few days.

First wearing of this one today for me. I am really enjoying it. Longevity is great, although it wears close after the first 3 hours or so. It's sort of like they tried to split the difference between Bleu de Chanel EdP and Parfum, but adding a rounder wood plus some birch tar/leather in the base. It's just so damn smooth.

I need to give this some more wearings, but initial impressions are very favorable. I blind bought, which I'm trying not to do these days, but it seemed like a pretty safe bet. Seems to have turned out that way. The lavender and the deep, rich base give a mature and barbershoppish impression, while the freshness of the grapefruit and ambroxan create a clean, contemporary vibe. There's nothing here I don't like, and as Hugh V. said, it gets better as it dries down. Seems like it'll be a mainstay for me.

Glad you liked my review and that the fragrance worked out for you two. I ended up buying it as well.

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
The comparisons to Bleu are very flattering to this fragrance but it falls far short for me. Sure, the opening is undoubtedly taken from Bleu but then it develops into Montblanc Legend, which I despise but admittedly Legend is a best seller so many out there like both fragrances against which I have compared the Missoni.

Personally, I’d be going for the Missoni Wave flanker, even though it smells nothing like the original.

Suppressor

Dec 7, 2006
This is a very good blind buy for 30$.
Magnetic cap. Dior type of sprayer. Unique bottle.
Very nice.

I get the reference to Platinum Egoiste.
For me this is PE + Bleu de Chanel with some extra nuances added.

I call this Platinum Bleu Egoiste.

The fougere aspects of PE are amped up while the metallic aspects are turned down.
The Bleu vibe is very nuanced, even minimalist, and very stylish.
Very easy to wear, masculine, and if you are in this hobby for a while, you will recognize that this is a compliment getter.

I'm going to do the Monclin test on this one, to see how it smells in the air.

Suppressor

Dec 7, 2006
Very hot today.

4 big sprays on my chest.... wow I'm in heaven.

I don't get any Platinum Egoiste vibe today.
Just a very fresh and sexy Bleu de Chanel vibe, but better.

Absolutely in love with this.

TRBeck

May 27, 2008
This one is still clicking for me, too. I bought a backup, which is the first time I've done that for any frag in a while. I don't find the base nearly as sweet as Montblanc Legend (although I like that scent), but the notion of this being a 90s fresh fougere mashed up with a 2010s ambroxan blue scent isn't too far off. The thing is that this is very well-blended and moves so seamlessly through its phases. The word I keep thinking of is smooth, as I said upthread.

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
Where is this selling for $30?

My wife knows that Bleu was a on my “wishlist” as Father’s Day approaches. Would this be too redundant if I get that? And if I do receive Bleu, what would be a good “Missoni alternative” to get as well in this vein of the ch elegance? I am very top heavy on fresh fragrances and OG powerhouse/orientals. I need more deep, rich frags to add to the collection. Designer and below. I don’t pay niche yet.

TRBeck

May 27, 2008
I haven’t seen it for $30. I paid about $50. Well worth it IMO.

I own Bleu EDT and don’t consider Missoni redundant to it. That said. If you’re after some deeper, richer designer stuff that can work in a variety of contexts, a few that I think punch above their price point in terms of feeling classy:

John Varvatos Vintage
Azzaro Visit
Lalique Hommage Voyageur
Guerlain Homme EDP
Eau de L’Occitan

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
Thanks! I’ll check those out. I have Artisan Pure and really like it. Varvatos are nice.

Fir now I’ll probably stick with the BdC EdT, although I tried Allure Homme Sport over the weekend, and that is pretty darn good.

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
Wearing Missoni again today. Performance is great; going on 12 hours wearing it now and no le-up

Sounds pretty darn compelling. I've got a sample of this I still need to try. Still fairly new to the blue woody-amber styles (somehow avoided this style for years and have only tried Bleu EDT once), but this one seems especially interesting.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
Missoni Parfum Pour Homme is my only bottle that reaching for on a more regular basis. I'm really glad I got it because it's the only modern-smelling fragrance I own. It's got a subtleness to it that I really appreciate it. I was considering getting K by Dolce & Gabbana which is also good, but that one's pretty loud and I like a more versatile yet subdued type of scent.

This one's a sleeper.

Speaking of Bleu de Chanel and Artisan Pure.

BdC I sampled again the other day. At first it kind of wowed me more than the Missoni while still smelling similar. But I've smelled it quite often in the wild to the point that it feels over exposed. The Missoni is just different enough to stand out while also bringing something new to the table.

I have Artisan Pure, and while I'm glad I own it, it's not working for me in warmer weather. For being a lighter scent it still has some heft to it when the day is warm, to the point that it feels even a bit cloying. It's a sunny-with-a-breeze type of scent, imo.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting a back-up of the Missoni down the road. I'll keep an eye out at the discounters but I wouldn't mind paying full price for it either. The fact that it's not put out by the usual suspects (Versace, Chanel, Dior, etc) and they put a lot of effort into presentation, and that along with the great scent makes retail price feel justified.

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
I ended up returning an Eros gift set that had leaked in the box. Straight trade (@Marshalls) for your the Missoni. 100ml and 30ml bottles for $60. Which I think is decent, considering a 100ml bottle is around $60 online.

I’ve worn it twice now. It really is a great smelling juice. Family complimented me on it, and it wears real nice. I’m not getting the longevity some have referenced here. But that might be my nose. I like overspraying, so this might be one of those.

Signature worthy for sure. I probably could have saved myself a lot of time and money had I discovered this months ago. Would have about 25 fewer frags and more money!

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
Finally sampled this today. Very strong similarities to BdC out of the gate, but to my nose there is slightly more of a fougere vibe... which is a subtle improvement over BdC for me. I've only sampled the BdC EDT thus far, and I find Missoni feels a bit heftier and more parfum-like than that (wears closer to the body, but more robust performance overall; BdC tends to disappear on me after a while, as synthetic woods often do). The smell of the dry down still makes me think of BdC more than anything else, but I don't find the synthwood base as scratchy as the BdC EDT, which is a huge plus in my book.

While none of these are really my style of fragrance, it's obvious Missoni is very well blended, slightly more interesting to my nose than BdC EDT, and an incredible value. I'm tempted to pick up a full bottle for the rare occasion where I want a blue woody/amber fragrance, as it's that good (and I doubt I could justify the outlay for BdC Parfum or EDP). Definitely recommended for what it is.

Suppressor

Dec 7, 2006
Wearing this to work today.
3 small sprays.

I enjoyed it tremendously.
Such a fresh, stylish, refined aroma.
Better than any Chanel flanker.
9,5 / 10

Sep 19, 2021
Wearing this fragrance today. Its a nice fresh scent to keep in the stable. My wife like its and that always a plus. Definitely agree that most would not find it offensive. nice bottle too as others have mentioned. I spray it very light as I dont really want a ton of projection.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Wearing this fragrance today. Its a nice fresh scent to keep in the stable. My wife like its and that always a plus. Definitely agree that most would not find it offensive. nice bottle too as others have mentioned. I spray it very light as I dont really want a ton of projection.
Glad to hear that it's to your liking! :)

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
I'm must have received a bad bottle as this smells like Off bug spray.
Yeah, that sounds like a bad bottle. To my nose it's very much in the vein of Bleu de Chanel - similarly inoffensive dark blue shower gel opening over a big amberwood base. It's not identical, but very similar in overall quality and vibe. Personally I'm not a fan of this style, but I'd probably choose Missoni over BdC EDT (and BdC Parfum over that, but it can't compete on price with Missoni).

Latest News