One that I don't see much talk on, Missoni Parfum Pour Homme

The People's Champ

Feb 15, 2019
375x500.45285.jpg

This is one that surprised me as I had ran into a sample and really loved it.. It's not earth shattering but it's very nice, very Clean and versatile with a hint of spiciness to it. It's in the vein of a BDC but when I actually spray my BDC edt and edp and then Missoni they really take on different paths.

If you're a fan of woodsy yet clean and fresh scents it's definitely worth trying. It'll remind you of BDC but still stand out on its own a good bit. The projection is actually pretty much and overall performance is solid, not anything extraordinary but definitely solid.

Again it's not going to light the world on fire but it's worth noting and a scent that should have a place in some conversations.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Haven't tried this one yet but it looks interesting. I believe this is the latest men's offering from the house.

The People's Champ

Feb 15, 2019
Haven't tried this one yet but it looks interesting. I believe this is the latest men's offering from the house.

I was really surprised how nice it is. I thought what is Missoni... But after trying it I had to buy a bottle and I'm happy I did. It's one of those ones I feel I can just throw on for anything, work, play, going out, its a nice no thought grab and go type scent to me

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I was really surprised how nice it is. I thought what is Missoni... But after trying it I had to buy a bottle and I'm happy I did. It's one of those ones I feel I can just throw on for anything, work, play, going out, its a nice no thought grab and go type scent to me
May I ask where you acquired this from?

david

Jun 7, 2005
I tried this yesterday at the airport.
I have to say that as a 'perfume' it is extremely weak. It lasted for minutes then seemed to vanish completely...
To my nose it has a dominant pineapple note similar to that in Aventus, (even though pinapple is not listed).

The People's Champ

Feb 15, 2019
I tried this yesterday at the airport.
I have to say that as a 'perfume' it is extremely weak. It lasted for minutes then seemed to vanish completely...
To my nose it has a dominant pineapple note similar to that in Aventus, (even though pinapple is not listed).

Honestly I'm not sure how that can be , mine lasts all day... It's really strong. It was the first thing that I loved when I first tried it was how it went 7 to 8 hours pretty strong.. Not sure what may have happened for your experience though, but that sucks to hear

Slayerized

Jul 17, 2011
Honestly I'm not sure how that can be , mine lasts all day... It's really strong. It was the first thing that I loved when I first tried it was how it went 7 to 8 hours pretty strong.. Not sure what may have happened for your experience though, but that sucks to hear

I agree, it lasts pretty long and edp worthy.
The opening is nothing like the pineapple from Aventus but just a 'common' grapefruit/lemon-lavender combo (imo).
Opening is very much like BdC and turns into a more woodsy territory in the drydown (and is stronger than BdC edt/edp). Very nice and a perfect to go scent that is extremely versatile like mentioned before.

slvrbckgorilla

Feb 16, 2011
I saw a boxed set at TJ Maxx for $59.99. I considered getting it, but, ultimately did not. Now I am hoping they still have it after reading through this...

Andrewthecologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2006
It is Bleu de Chanel, Invictus, Eros, and more combined into one cohesive jus.
It lasts well with decent projection (5hrs, 2 feet from 6 sprays, room temp).
Can be oversprayed for stronger effect.
Cap is magnetic.

Buysblind

Jan 21, 2011
It is Bleu de Chanel, Invictus, Eros, and more combined into one cohesive jus.
It lasts well with decent projection (5hrs, 2 feet from 6 sprays, room temp).
Can be oversprayed for stronger effect.
Cap is magnetic.

Sounds like a solid "dumb reach" type of scent. Nothing wrong with that.

I've noticed it's available at a discount now on a lot of sites. Might be a good time to grab it if you're in need of this kind of scent.

Palmolive

May 7, 2012
Just got a bottle of this today for the splits.

It takes the grapefruit from BdC EDT and keeps it through the entire length of its ample performance, nice! To differentiate itself this one has a bit of fresh/spicy kick in the top thanks to a slice of fresh lemon and some ginger which makes it feel crisp but its the lower end thats very interesting as it has a deep leather accord with a very slight sprinkling of powder that conjures up a far more masculine take on Midnight In Paris/Luna Rossa Black that works nicely with the top.

Whilst it isn't a clone of either of the scents listed the accords at play and how they are blended certainly evoke them and even though it isn't anything new its a decent everyday wear whose appeal is kicked up a few notches thanks to how well it performs.

Palmolive

May 7, 2012
To me it reminds of Chanel Egoiste Platinum.

Really? I can't even see where you'd be sniffing from to see that one as the character of the scents and the only note in common is lavender which is next to non existent on my skin. Still, things like this are the reason why I say this is the most subjective hobby ever :thumbsup:

Slayerized

Jul 17, 2011
To me it reminds of Chanel Egoiste Platinum.

Missoni is nothing like Chanel Platinum imo.
Missoni is a bit like the opening of Bleu de Chanel and then transforms in a woody-musky drydown with ginger but without any incense.
It completely lacks the iron sharpness the Platinum is famous for (geranium).

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Tested this one a few times and happened to have liked it so far on any testing occasion-might have to test it again, while having liked to this point its quite finely balanced combination between indeed fresh and clean, but also minimally (luckily nowhere near overpowering nor annoying) sweet notes

G.303

Apr 21, 2003
I picked mine up a few weeks ago at TJ MAXX...
Very nice fragrance...
I only saw 2 in my area, and I bought mine...
Great find IMHO

painted_klown

Jan 5, 2019
I picked a 100ml of this up today after reading this thread. I am actually wearing Bleu EDP today, so it was a nice coincidence I saw this in the wild.

IMO, this is quite different to BdC. I find it to be more of an aromatic fougere/barbershop type of fragrance, that dries down to a clean soap type of smell. Sadly, my bottle doesn't seem to be a great performer either. However, I could just be experiencing nose fatigue, and will test again tomorrow.

If I'm feeling froggy, I may wear this one to work in the morning. 10 sprays before I head out, and that gives me a great way to test for strength/longevity, as well as notice various phases if it happens to develop a lot as it dries down.

The bottle, sprayer, and magnetic cap are all quite nice IMO. I don't know why, but I just find magnetic caps to feel luxurious. :tongue:

By the way, I nabbed this up for $39.99 + tax at a local TJ Maxx. Not bad at all IMO.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
This was a standout at the Macy's counter, as I've never heard of the Missoni name before.
First impression was that it was a little strong and spicy at first. Shades of Bleu de Chanel? Not necessarily. But definitely something of a date scent and not for the office.

As it mellowed out on my skin I started enjoying it more and more. The dry down reminds of the original Trussardi Uomo! Except it's not a dry chypre but an old school fresh interpretation of it. I agree with painted_klown, that it smells more like a fougere.

The performance wasn't that great, it was maybe 4+ hours on my skin and stayed pretty close. But the scent was very nice, and something that appeals to my tastes. Easily a next purchase for me.

Slayerized

Jul 17, 2011
This was a standout at the Macy's counter, as I've never heard of the Missoni name before.
First impression was that it was a little strong and spicy at first. Shades of Bleu de Chanel? Not necessarily. But definitely something of a date scent and not for the office.

Imo perfect for the office after it has dried down!

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
Imo perfect for the office after it has dried down!

It does have a great dry down and not something that's controversial or challenging.
Where I work all the guys wear D&G Light Blue-type fragrances (freshies), as do the women. I feel like anything outside that lane may make me too conspicuous or maybe even bother them.

I don't think I've ever seen this sold at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. I wish I would come across it at the prices mentioned but I have no problem paying full price for it either.

Slayerized

Jul 17, 2011
It does have a great dry down and not something that's controversial or challenging.
Where I work all the guys wear D&G Light Blue-type fragrances (freshies), as do the women. I feel like anything outside that lane may make me too conspicuous or maybe even bother them.

I don't think I've ever seen this sold at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. I wish I would come across it at the prices mentioned but I have no problem paying full price for it either.

I see, but I can wear almost 'anything' I want @office....
To each office 'his own'......:tongue:

MFM

Nov 5, 2013
I didn't even know about this. I have a stockpile of Missoni Olympios which should last me until I die so will have to check this out.

gerbick

Jun 13, 2009
Bought this when it came out, so my bottle is one of the more potent ones it seems. I can actually overspray this one. At first, it really reminded me of Bleu de Chanel (one of my faves) but it has its own characteristics especially on the midnotes and drydown.

One of my faves. Wife gives me compliments each time I wear it. A tad bit more floral after the citrus than BdC with a decent longevity (all day for me under my shirt) with above average sillage initially but dying down to a lesser degree later. Tart citrus, florals, soapy drydown... I'm a huge fan of this one too.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
I finally snagged a bottle.

Ehh, I'm a little disappointed. The opening and middle does have that bleu-style of smell but missing the spice or kick-in-the-shins of ambroxan. It's too bleu-y sweet at this point. Whatever magic I thought the dry down had, I'm not getting it now.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
I take back what I said. I gave this another full wear, and I was reminded of why it's so special.

This opens up bright-fresh, and feels kind of nice but at first I don't get too much nuance. I got wear it more to appreciate this part of it.

Then it starts to creep into Bleu de Chanel/Dylan Blue territory but doesn't quite go all the way, because you don't get that heavy spicy aspect of those two. It's like a very subtle take on the genre of 2010s dark blue trend.

Then it dries down further, and THIS is what I remember liking so much about it when I first sampled it. Some other notes come into play that give it this additional character, that elevates it above just being a quieter Blue de Chanel-type. It almost reminds me of Trussardi Uomo, which I know, sounds crazy. TU is an ultra dry leather scent. However, at the tail end of that classic's dry down, there's this fresh, sexy, smell that emerges/remains, when all that harsh dryness dies off. That is what I get in Missoni Pour Homme's dry down. There's a freshness with a hint of weight that gives it some gravitas.

I saw at Fragrantica everyone's comparing it to Bleu de Chanel, but one person said it reminds them of Grigio Perla, another 80s classic.

@Zealot Crusader
I read your review of Missoni where you said the following:

Birch smoke and a slightly more-rounded sandalwood vibe are the biggest surprises in Missoni, which brings in the aforementioned maturity factor, making this feel more "grown up" than the Chanel in the full-bodied presentation that replaces the sweetness. This is the perfect bridge scent for an older guy afraid to step away from his 80's or 90's fougères into something contemporary, and just a nice refinement on a popular ubiquitous style that makes it feel less-so because of it.

Okay, so it's not just me. Birch smoke and sandalwood. Patchouli. TU has sandald wood AND patchouli. That must be what it is.

Man, I love this little fragrance. The presentation of the bottle is superb. It's got a modern, magnetic cap, but the bottle design itself is conveying some age and legacy. It harkens to the old school. Kind of like the scent itself.

Last edited:

TRBeck

May 27, 2008
First wearing of this one today for me. I am really enjoying it. Longevity is great, although it wears close after the first 3 hours or so. It's sort of like they tried to split the difference between Bleu de Chanel EdP and Parfum, but adding a rounder wood plus some birch tar/leather in the base. It's just so damn smooth.

I need to give this some more wearings, but initial impressions are very favorable. I blind bought, which I'm trying not to do these days, but it seemed like a pretty safe bet. Seems to have turned out that way. The lavender and the deep, rich base give a mature and barbershoppish impression, while the freshness of the grapefruit and ambroxan create a clean, contemporary vibe. There's nothing here I don't like, and as Hugh V. said, it gets better as it dries down. Seems like it'll be a mainstay for me.

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
Saw this today at TJ Maxx but held off on the gift box at $65. Looks like you can pay that online too, without the shave cream. I mean, are these shave creams even any good? Asking for real.

I’m trying to understand different styles. Is this Missoni along the lines of DG The One, or Montblanc Legend Night? I smelled the Legend Night recently and I like that deep, luxurious type of scent.

TRBeck

May 27, 2008
Saw this today at TJ Maxx but held off on the gift box at $65. Looks like you can pay that online too, without the shave cream. I mean, are these shave creams even any good? Asking for real.

I’m trying to understand different styles. Is this Missoni along the lines of DG The One, or Montblanc Legend Night? I smelled the Legend Night recently and I like that deep, luxurious type of scent.

The shave cream is probably brushless and not awful. The scent won’t much resemble the two you name. It is nowhere near as sweet. It is most comparable to Bleu de Chanel Parfum with its fresh grapefruit-American pairing, but it has a deeper, more rounded drydown. The sandalwood is very well-textured and hangs around until the next day.

Latest News