nsamadi

Jun 20, 2004
Re: getting free company samples

AZsmells said:
I emailed Yosh once and she told me I can buy samples from luckyscent.com but she did send me free samples of Opening Night and Box G since luckyscent doesn't sell those.  She didn't seem too eager to send me samples but she did all the same. As for the fragrances they were good but not worh $130 for 1/4 oz.

I emailed Yosh once, they ever bothered to emal back. :( I don't think they're to keen on sending free sample.

apekrul

Jul 25, 2005

Jeff H. said:
[quote author=apekrul link=1129233964/0#13 date=1129298686]I just sent an e-mail to Trumpers and they replied within 5 minutes, stating that they'll send me the latest catalogue and a bunch of sample vails :)

I also had a very favorable response from Trumper; just Friday I received 8 samples!

Jeff[/quote]

I received a catalogue and some more papers yesterday but no samples yet... I'll wait for a couple more days :-?

The_love

Jun 10, 2005

Trasker said:
I just emailed Ormande Jayne to inquire about a scent and I now have a sample on the way.

(P.S. Where did you write to Malle to get your sample.... :eek:)

Ormonde Jayne send me 2 packs of samples (one for me and one for Jesus) with Ormonde Jayne for men and Isfahan/Isfarkand [highlight](a new name)[/highlight]

apekrul

Jul 25, 2005

Yesterday a new package from Trumpers arrived: a total of 8(!) samples in a classy linnen pouch!! Very quick and good service. I hope at least one of them is to my liking so that I can do something back for these nice people :)

elysium

Sep 12, 2005

moon_fish said:
Amouage sent me a lot of samples.
And Lorenzo Villoresi did the same after e-mail contact.

Malle sent me only fragranted papers - all the scents lost by the time it goes through airmail. :(

Lutens usually send little book of parfums after contact from main site of Palais Royal Boutique - solid parfums are very good! And they also send new parfums just after release. I get Borneo 1834 test wax a month ago!
I've had a quick squiz over the Serge Lutens site, but I haven't been able to find a contact email address. Did you use the phone number they have posted to make contact?

wicozani

May 28, 2004

apekrul said:
Yesterday a new package from Trumpers arrived: a total of 8(!) samples in a classy linnen pouch!! Very quick and good service. I hope at least one of them is to my liking so that I can do something back for these nice people  :)

Exactly my experience and intentions, too! I also received a quick reply from Ormonde Jayne, and they are going to send me their two male fragrances. They also have a sample collection of all of their 9 fragrances for $18EU. I filled out the quiz last week at the Malle site, but no one has followed up with me.

Jeff

egoist

Jul 23, 2005

I hope I get my Trumper samples soon.....so far I received some nice catalogues along with some extra papers. Dying to try Eucris and Sandalwood Cologne!

AZsmells

Jul 11, 2004

egoist said:
I hope I get my Trumper samples soon.....so far I received some nice catalogues along with some extra papers. Dying to try Eucris and Sandalwood Cologne!

Don't worry I got the catalogs and a week later I got the samples.

FlyingMoose

Oct 11, 2005

I just send emails to Malle (plus took the quiz), Amouage, Trumper, Ormonde, Trufitt, and Villoresi asking for samples. Palais Royal Boutique website said I had to call a number, which just gave an error message when I tried. I found a 5-year-old sample request form and it seemed to work, but they may not actually get it. I'll let you guys know what I get.

seccho

Sep 27, 2005

Ok, well, last week I received my Truefitt & Hill samples. I'd say my favorites of the 5 they sent me(along with some shaving cream and balm), are Spanish Leather and Freshman. I really thought I'd like the 1805, but there was just something about it... The Spanish Leather is a great scent, but I'm not sure I see it as something I'd ever really wear out.

On Friday I received my Amouage samples. They sent me 2 mini sprayers of Dia and 2 vials of Silver cologne. Of the 2, I prefer the Dia much more. However, unless I win the lottery, I don't ever see myself shelling out the sizeable chunk of change necessary to buy a bottle. It's just not THAT great. It's alright, but to my nose, it smells pretty much like an unremarkable incense. And that's just not worth over $200 a bottle...to me anyway. Of course, as always, YMMV.

Today, I finally received my Ormonde Jayne samples. I haven't tried them out yet, as today was also the day I received some decants from Scentemental, and I'm currently having my first GIT and MI experience.

Peace

FlyingMoose

Oct 11, 2005

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:55:53 -0400
Reply-To: juliad @ lafcony.com
Subject: RE: Lorenzo Villoresi fragrances

Hello Moose,

Thank you for your interest in our fragrances. Yes, we do offer samples.

Samples are $10 for 4 fragrance samples (different scents). You may purchase
just one if you want, but the cost will still be $10.

You may purchase additional samples for $2.50 each.

Maximum number of samples you may purchase is 12, which is $30.

This price includes shipping and handling.

Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing samples. You can
visit our website for details on each fragrance.

Best regards,

Lafco NY

FlyingMoose

Oct 11, 2005

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:34:49 EDT
Subject: Re: Amouage fragrances

I WILL ARRANGE TO HAVE SOME SAMPLES SENT TO YOU.
IF YOU KNOW OF A STORE IN YOUR AREA THAT YOU THINK SHOULD CARRY OUR FRAGRANCE LINE I WILL HAVE OUR SALES REP CONTACT THEM.

THANK YOU
BOB

FlyingMoose

Oct 11, 2005

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:14:05 +0100
Subject: Re: Trumper fragrances

Dear Mr Moose,

As requested I will forward out to you sample vials of our fragrances from
our collection that you may like to try.

I trust that this is what you require, and hope that you do find some of our
fragrances to be of your preference.

Kind Regards

Mr Steve Brown

Geo. F. Trumper Ltd
166 Fairbridge Road
London N19 3HT
TEL: +44 (0)20 7272 1765
FAX: +44 (0)20 7281 9337
EMAIL: enquiries @ trumper.co.uk
WEBSITE www.trumpers.com

Vibrant_Violet

Sep 2, 2005

I sent an email to L'Artisan inquiring about some samples (like how much it cost to purchase samples) the other day. I already know of most of the major L'Artisan fragrance, but there're some (6-7 items) I was interested in trying smelling. I really didn't think they would email me back, seeing L'Artisan has become a very popular perfume company by now. Well, as a matter of fact, they did not write me back. No surprise. Right? But instead, today I received 7 samples of L'Artisan colognes by mail (for free!). Exactly the ones I mentioned in my email! I was pleasantly surprised. What a generous company! It's a striking contrast to Floris. When I sent a same kind of email to them. They wrote me back and told me they would send me something. Well, I eventually got "something", but it turned out to be a piece of what appeared to have been a scented paper. By the time it got here, there was almost no scent left on the paper. So, I still have got no idea what Santal smells like! I'm still looking forward to Trumper and Divine samples, though....... ::)

VV

SlimPickins

Jun 3, 2005

Hey VV,
Nice pull on the L'Artisan samples. What did they send you? I think sometimes it helps to request specific samples. I e-mailed Frederick Malle and requested Musc Ravageur and Vetiver Extrodinaire, hoping to receive maybe one or the other...well they ended up sending me 5ml spray decants of both. Nice folks! Havn't tried the VE yet, but wow, the Musc is heavy duty.
Slim

Vibrant_Violet

Sep 2, 2005

Hi Slim;

The ones L'Artisan sent me was one of those typical 1ml vials, but I was surprised they had sent me 7 samples.... Wow, Malle sent you two 5ml spray decants? You know what? Let me give it a try! Thansk for the info.  ;D

VV

FlyingMoose

Oct 11, 2005

I was too busy to post this when I got it:

Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:16:15 -0500
From: Brittney Jansen <brittney.jansen @ truefittandhill.com>
Subject: RE: Truefitt and Hill fragrances

Hello, Moose!

Thank you for your interest in Truefitt & Hill!

I would be more than happy to send along a sample collection of our
colognes!

Warmest regards,

Brittney

FlyingMoose

Oct 11, 2005

Note that people aren't really calling me "Moose" in the emails, I've just switched out my real name.

Anyway, on Friday I got a nice set of wax samples from Palais Royal Shiseido.

seccho

Sep 27, 2005

Although it took them a while to arrive, my samples from Trumper finally arrived today. Eight sample vials in a niftly little Trumper tie bag. Pretty sweet considering all I had to do was e-mail them. Today was pretty sweet in general, as far as fragrances went...I got the Trumper smamples in the mail, along with decants of Dzing!, L'eau D'hiver, and Acier Aluminium. Good times!!! :)

Vibrant_Violet

Sep 2, 2005

I wrote to The Art of Shaving regarding a sample of their Sandalwood fragrance, and generously, they sent me a general sample kit (a small booklet and samples of shaving creams/after-shave balms,etc) for free. It included a small sample of Sandalwood Essencial Oil EDT, but it's kind of like a scented tissue. When I opened the seal, I first was impressed by the eucalyptus-woody sandalwood (very medicinal). I actually kind of maybe liked it. Unfortunately, there was no way to keep this tissue wet and scented, and it eventually dried out in a matter of hours. I usually test-drive fragrance thoroughly because I may like the scent from a bottle but I might not like how it smells on my skin, or I may simply get sick of it after using several times like "Oh, the fir needles it are getting a little too much!". To prove you dislike something is fairly easy. Smell once and if you don't like it at that point, (though it may grow on you after frequent use) chances are you don't like it. On the other hand, it takes such a long process to prove to yourself that you truly like something. In my case, I usually need 5 to 10ml before I can comfortably say "I like it!" (typical samples in one of those 1ml vials are usually too little for me to reach the verdict on my mind) . Well, this AoS sample was a tissue (which lookes exactly like one of those disposable alcohol pads we use in a hospital, but less wet than that), and there was no way I could test-drive it, to begin with. It's almost like smelling from a bottle at a department store once, and trying to recall what it smells like later. I guess I like it because it's a very refined and sharp sandalwood, but I may get to dislike it eventually (after using several times) because it may be too medicinal with eucalyptus. Now, I'm left here with a nice alluring booklet saying "Sandalwood Essential Oil EDT $70" on its last page, a dried-out sample tissue (wow, "sample tissue" almost sounds like a medical term, doesn't it?), and the poor heart of mine who cannot decide if I like it or not....... Thank you, The Art of Shaving, but....... I guess I should try to find some small decants on the swapping/selling forum though so far I haven't seen any....  

VV

DrOfTheSoul

Oct 28, 2005

OK so I'm new to BN also and wanted to explore niche scents. That's why I jumped on the bandwagon when I heard about free samples. I haven't recieved anything yet, but have positive email responses from:

Trumper, Ormonde Jayne, Amouage, Malle, and Art of Shaving.

Still waiting for Truefitt and Hill, and hopefully I would love to get back from L'artisan.

BTW, how are people getting samples from Lutens, all I found was a phone number on the website listed?

elysium

Sep 12, 2005

Finally got two Frederic Malle 5ml samples and a lovely handwritten note!!! :-* ;D ;D
Le Parfums de Therese and Noir Epices. Sampled Therese and it's lovely, beautifully complex but dunno whether I'd make a buy of it. Alas, Noir Epices started off strong and interesting, but degenerated to sharp cold earth similar to that found in a crypt. :-/
Smells magnificent on my brother though, it runs the full gamut of complexity on him ::)

Couldn't believe how generous they were. Now if only they had a counter in Oz so I could test more and find a HG to invest in.
Maybe in 10 years... Oz is soooo far behind ::)

FlyingMoose

Oct 11, 2005
I'm glad I have a big mailbox!

Today, I got 5 Amouage samples (with a packing slip), 2 5ml spray samples from Malle along with a hand-written note, and 7 samples from Truefitt plus 2 shaving cream's and some balm.

The samples from Palais also had a small hand-written note included, and a book about the company and the fragrances (in french), and the Truefitt one came with a catalog.

This stuff worked out pretty well. :)

wedge

Oct 9, 2004

Another person happy with Editions de Parfums here, they sent me a well packaged box containing a hand-written note and two 5ml sprays of Noir Epices and Vetiver Extraordinaire.

FlyingMoose

Oct 11, 2005

The wax samples I got are each a little circle cut out of one of two layers of cardboard, and filled with the wax, and covered with a peel-off plastic cover. The wax is very soft, and can be rubbed into your skin. I think they use wax because of shipping regulations on alcohol (flammable) or because it's cheaper. You don't get much, but you can probly get 3 applications out of it, or 2 if you use a lot.

I got my samples from Trumper yesterday, 8 sample vials in a little cloth pouch.

machineo

Aug 15, 2004

I received all the truefitt and hill samples, and these l'artisan samples:

Ananas Fizz
Mure et musc
vanilila
navegar
tea for two
l'eau d'lartisan

ananas fizz is so addicting so far, smells like pineapple soda

shogunw00t

Nov 12, 2005

I emailed Givenchy for a sample of Pi and they emailed back with:

Dear Mr Basile,

Today, I am sending you at the address that you mentionned below a sample
of Eau de Toilette Pi.

We hope that you will enjoy this product.

Best regards

Aurelie Bonjour
Consumer Service

That was 11/6 and it arrived 11/12. To my surprise when I opened the package they also sent me a sample of VI for Men, with a kind letter of:

Dear Mr. Basile,

Following to your email, we have the pleasure to send you a sample of Eau de Toilette Pi. We hope you will enjoy this fragrance.

We also have the pleasure to send you a sample to introduce you to our new Eau de Toilette for Men: Very Irresistible for Men.

Assuring you always of our best attention.

Yours Sincerely,

Aurelie Bonjour
Consumer Service

Note of my own: I will be buying both of these fragrances very soon. ;D

shogunw00t

Nov 12, 2005

I sent some emails out to the majority of the companies mentioned in this thread really late last night. I have yet to get a reply from any of them and it's 1:25 PM.

I asked for samples of their products in most of them, but it was so late a night that I forgot to mention names of their fragrances. Do you think it will have any effect on them? :(

liquid

Dec 8, 2003

shogunw00t said:
I sent some emails out to the majority of the companies mentioned in this thread really late last night. I have yet to get a reply from any of them and it's 1:25 PM.
patience, young skywalker. it's sunday. :)

I asked for samples of their products in most of them, but it was so late a night that I forgot to mention names of their fragrances. Do you think it will have any effect on them? :(
you can wait and see what you get. if they don't send you the ones you want, just write again.

Vibrant_Violet

Sep 2, 2005

Some companies kindly write you back saying "we will send you some samples" (Amouage and Trumper are great examples), but some others don't. Some of the latter group are just too prestigeous to write back to individual fans any more, namely Chanel and Guerlain (they never wrote me back or sent me anything), but most are kind enough to send you something by mail eventually, from my experience. Anyhow, patience seems to be a key here because, whether or not they write back, they truly take their time. It took me about one month before I finally got Trumper samples. They're really generous, though. I received 10 samples in a small sac with a logo of Trumper, though I requested only a sandalwood cologne sample. Divine also took their time, but they sent me a sample of not only L'Homme Sage (isn't this cologne great?) and L'Homme de Coeur (this is what Dior Homme fails to smell like, IMHO!), but also some others like L'Ame Soeur, Divine EDP. and L'Infante.  What truly amazed me was L'Artisan. I remember writing to them as if writing to Santa Claus, "I'm interested in Dzing, Mechant Loup, Eau de L'Artisan, Bois Farine, Passage d'Enfer......" hoping I'd be lucky enough to get at least one of these. To my surprise, they sent me a nice sample of all the the fragrances I had listed in my email! Probably, one of big disappointments was Floris. I asked them a sample of Sandalwood. They were kind enough to write me back saying "We will have someone send you something", but all I received was what must have been a piece of scented paper, which was already dry in a regular paper envelope and did not give off any scents any more by the time it got here. Well, besides the few generous companies I mentioned above. most of the great samples I have now (CdG, for example) are from generous Basenoters like Scentemental and Buffalo_Gal. They are very generous and whenever I purchase decants from them. they kindly let me choose some samples from their loaded list. The packages they send me are always loaded with interesting samples..... Anyway, going back to the main topic, patience is the key when it comes to obtaining samples from fragrance companies for free.

VV

FlyingMoose

Oct 11, 2005

I got two samples of Ormonde on Friday. I tried them both and don't particularly like either one of them.

Gus

Mar 7, 2005

Vibrant_Violet said:
It took me about one month before I finally got Trumper samples. They're really generous, though. I received 10 samples in a small sac with a logo of Trumper, though I requested only a sandalwood cologne sample.

I'm relieved to read this, because they promptly answered my request and told me the samples were on their way, but that was three weeks ago, and I must admit I was starting to lose hope. Now I'm optimistic again ;D

busterb

Aug 9, 2005

I contacted Divine fragrances to obtain salmples of L’homme sage and L’homme de Coeur and received this response:

"Cher Monsieur,

First of all I would like to thank you for your interest in our perfumes.

I am pleased to inform you that samples of our creations have been sent to you today.

I hope that Divine fragrances will charm you.

Do not hesitate to contact us again for any question or comment.

Très cordialement,

Ms Katell PERENNOU
Export manager"

haven't received the samples yet but the response was very gracious.

B.G.

Vibrant_Violet

Sep 2, 2005

I didn't know if it'd work, but I tried emailing Editions de Parfums (Frederic Malle), "I've been a great fan of Concentree Bigarade. I'd like to know if there's anyway I can obtain a sample of fragrance called Noir Epices....." Of course, they did not write me back. But several weeks passed. and to my surprise! I receive a 5ml spray bottle of Noir Epices. The scent per se was not that impressive (a lot of ginger, isn't there?), but I was moved by their generosity!  :eek:

verve

Jun 6, 2004

Frederic Malle are great! I emailed them about 2 weeks ago expressing an interest in trying 4 of their fragrances and asking whether they'd be kind enough to send me samples.

So what bobs up in my mailbox today? Free 5 ml samples of all four fragrances, together with a lovely handwritten note from FM! All the way from Paris to Sydney.

myaccolades

Nov 22, 2005

I participated in their questionaire the other day and they e-mailed me back with suggestions! They said they would send samples if I'm not close to one of their stores so I asked for noir epices, musc ravageur, and vetiver extraordinaire. They haven't e-mailed me back yet but I did leave an adress so hopefully it is coming in soon : )

Latest News