Off-Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeniba

Jul 15, 2014
My wisdom tooth is coming in right now and it is driving me crazy. I am a bit lucky--I only have 2. My right side doesn't have any at all. One came in last year and I don't think it will need to extracted. I get x-rays with each visit so I've had 2 since it was in and they haven't said anything. It grew in fine from what I can tell. I think the bottom one might be ok too. It doesn't hurt, it more feels irritating than painful but it is really driving me crazy.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I wonder how common it is for adults (men or women) to be afraid of needles (eg: vaccines, blood tests, ivs)?
I don't know but I was afraid also when I was a young child. I stopped being afraid at about 8 I guess. One of my daughters is still afraid of needles and she is in her late 30s.

Last edited:

mumsy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2010
My middle son has always completely freaked about needles. As a young boy, once he escaped and ran out of the surgery room door and firmly attached himself to the public stairs like a limpet with arms and legs wrapped around the balustrade whilst screaming his head off in hysterics. There was no amount of pulling and cajoling would remove him until we left without the jab.

He was a very premmy baby (32 weeks ) and we reckon he must have a residual memory of being helplessly attached to painful needles all over.

This is what i came here for. Here is something nice to do at nursery for the smalls.

33kyixt.jpg

mumsy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2010
Mumsy, that is brilliant! l wonder how they attached the bottles together, is it just glue?

No idea. I just found the picture and thought it was fabulous, but wide and very sticky double sided tape in layers might do it.

… or strung with string or wire? But it would have to be safe. It would have to be short bits of tape, long bits of tape, or long anything, has the, albeit remote, potential to strangle someone if it caved in.

Last edited:

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Looks like an igloo. :smiley: Seems like a lot of work assembling and one has to drink a lot of milk to get the desired effect but how ingenious and creative!

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
Another cat video:

It's great to see people playing with their pets. A 'friend' just got two cats but he's keeping them secluded to the kitchen and basement. I'm not sure why they got the cats. They aren't really interacting with them in their big old house. And they don't want them to go outside for safety reasons, I guess. They are already trying to get out though. I feel sorry for them.

kbe

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 12, 2006
For me it was the anxiety of going to the clinic to get a vaccine and not that actual vaccine that freaked me out when I was young.

Parris Island Marine Corps boot camp removed my fear of needles. The visits for in innoculations were a welcome relief from the daily harassment/abuse by drill instructors. I went through boot camp at a time when physical abuse by drill instructors was the norm, You wanted to be the best at everything or if not then nearly invisible to minimize the possibility of almost daily physical trashings.

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
Parris Island Marine Corps boot camp removed my fear of needles. The visits for in innoculations were a welcome relief from the daily harassment/abuse by drill instructors. I went through boot camp at a time when physical abuse by drill instructors was the norm, You wanted to be the best at everything or if not then nearly invisible to minimize the possibility of almost daily physical trashings.
For a while they tried those guns. They were supposed to be less painful. Do they still use those? I thought they were pretty scary.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
It's great to see people playing with their pets. A 'friend' just got two cats but he's keeping them secluded to the kitchen and basement. I'm not sure why they got the cats. They aren't really interacting with them in their big old house. And they don't want them to go outside for safety reasons, I guess. They are already trying to get out though. I feel sorry for them.

I don't see the point in having those cats if they're going to be confined to a small place inside the house. Some would consider that animal cruelty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News