Nozzle drama

Gilturko

Dec 30, 2006
This is what happened.

I removed the cap from a new bottle of perfume and to my surprise the cap dragged the entire nozzle with it, stuck inside. The neck of the glass bottle was totally visible. I have no idea how this happened, so I contacted the seller who very kindly sent me a new replacement bottle. I asked how to repair the defective bottle and was told that a tool is needed. But I don't have that crimping tool, nor do I want to buy it because I would only use it for that bottle. I also saw that there are crimping nozzles that you can easily install, but I'm not sure of the size and if the original cap will fit.

I tried it with a glue gun, it worked but yesterday I noticed the nozzle is still moving around. I am afraid of evaporation. Dear basenoters, do you have any advice? I would not want to decant the perfume into another bottle because the original one is very nice.

Thank you and happy new year!

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
If you can measure the top of the bottle neck, that would be a start. If it is a 15mm diameter - then its one of the most common neck size.
From there on - if ur in Canada, i could send you a crimples sprayer that you will just pop on.
It looks like this:
20200708_105710.jpg
If ur in US, see if anyone has a spare one they could send you. (Paul killer maybe or owner of Pinewards perfumes)
Till then, id suggest re-pouring it into a vessel you can close tightly, because evaporation will for sure happen.
If it is a 13mm or 18mm, then you either need a tool, or purchase a different bottle (with a twist on sprayer) to rebottle and use going forward ( maybe strifeknot?)

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I removed the cap from a new bottle of perfume and to my surprise the cap dragged the entire nozzle with it, stuck inside. The neck of the glass bottle was totally visible. I have no idea how this happened, so I contacted the seller who very kindly sent me a new replacement bottle.
Whoa! That was nice of him to do that.

Gilturko

Dec 30, 2006
Vaza.gr is one place for sure

Hi @Mak-7

I checked the site and they really sell a lot of useful items. But since they are wholesalers they accept a minimum order. I honestly don't need that many atomizers 😅

Do you, or those who kindly replied to this thread, have any suggestions on where I can find a retailer in Europe?

Thanks!

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Hi @Mak-7

I checked the site and they really sell a lot of useful items. But since they are wholesalers they accept a minimum order. I honestly don't need that many atomizers 😅

Do you, or those who kindly replied to this thread, have any suggestions on where I can find a retailer in Europe?

Thanks!
They have bulk items, yes, but i did buy like 10 black ones when i needed them.
Let me see if i can find a link.

This is a thing with a crimp type bottle, and when you scroll down, first option to add is sprayer, and its a per piece cost. Add few and try to check out

Or if there is some other reason, let me know

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
To the comments above about sealing with glue or epoxy ... I would be very cautious about the fumes from the adhesive entering the bottle as it dries, if it's used to seal around the opening.

Latest News