Nicolaï (original) New York re-released?

Eilenberg

Apr 10, 2021
I have heard recently that Nicolaï has rereleased a new version of her famous original New York in a "boutique" line. Not sure what does "boutique" exactly mean, but I reckon it might be only available in physical stores as I cannot find any information about it on the brand's website. The person familiar with the matter who told me that, claimed that it is supposedly very close to the original formulation of Patricia de Nicolaï's New York that was discontinued due to the regulations. Apparently, even closer to it than New York Intense which has filled the gap left after the discontinuation. I am curious if any Basenoters have heard about it or perhaps tested it?

Last edited:

Eilenberg

Apr 10, 2021
Could be new synthetics, could be new extraction methods resulting in ingredients that don't pose allergic risks. Life finds a way but it sometimes takes some time. Just like with the recent, excellent Fahrenheit batches that are closer to the original than ever thanks to the work of some brilliant people. If there will not be no responses, I will write an email to the brand and let you know the answer. However, I hope that someone familiar with the matter can chime in.

calitrav

Feb 2, 2018
Interesting. I haven't heard this, but I just bought some New York Intense the other day and didn't see what you're describing for sale anywhere (yet).

Eilenberg

Apr 10, 2021
Apparently, the person who told me that had to misunderstand something. I got a reply from Nicolai saying that they are not releasing anything new in a "boutique" line.

Latest News