New Stephane Humbert Lucas 777 - TAKLAMAKAN!

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Taklamakan by Stephane Humbert Lucas 777 50ml EDP

The fragrance features bergamot, rose, chinese cedar, sandalwood, iris, patchouli, guaiac wood, benzoin, vanilla, labdanum and musk.

nd.37670.jpg

dsc038591.jpg

Last edited:

dougczar

Basenotes Institution
Mar 3, 2012
NICE! I am a BIG fan of the house. Can't wait to try this one. Wonder what the price will be for this one.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
Another rose scent? That's rather disappointing, considering he already has two rose-prominent offerings in his lineup. Admittedly, I'm not a big rose fan, so I was hoping for this release to be something a little more unique. But I'll certainly sample it ... thanks for the info!

Last edited:

fly777

Oct 7, 2007
Tried it at Esxence Milano. For me the discovery of the show. It is beautiful, some sweetness, spices and vanilla, smoky at the beginning, after a few hours with remarkable patchouly heart, but still charming, flattering, embracing. Great silage and it lasts and lasts. A masterpiece. I love it and will certainly purchase it. Completely unisex.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Tried it at Esxence Milano. For me the discovery of the show. It is beautiful, some sweetness, spices and vanilla, smoky at the beginning, after a few hours with remarkable patchouly heart, but still charming, flattering, embracing. Great silage and it lasts and lasts. A masterpiece. I love it and will certainly purchase it. Completely unisex.
Lucky you! Did you get a chance to speak to Stephane? Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :smiley:

fly777

Oct 7, 2007
Lucky you! Did you get a chance to speak to Stephane? Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :smiley:

Yes, I did. He told me the whole story about the desert Taklamakan and his emotions about creating the scent. He is truly a nice guy and a great perfumer, in my opinion.

Mandaguy

Nov 11, 2014

Thanks for this - sounds great! The spice he used in 2022 was nose-frying to me. Can you compare the spice here vs 2022?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 13385235

I've never sampled anything from this house before but the notes certainly do seem interesting.

Wowsers, after checking the average prices for this house I can see why. 400 beans for 50ml? Worthy of the hype and price in your experience?

Any UK BNers interested in a split?

fly777

Oct 7, 2007
Well, these two fragrances are hardly comparable. Taklamakan is less oriental-spicy, but more balsamic-woody. Spices play, if at all, a minor role.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Yes, I did. He told me the whole story about the desert Taklamakan and his emotions about creating the scent. He is truly a nice guy and a great perfumer, in my opinion.
Did he give you any inkling as to when this was going to be released to retailers?

fly777

Oct 7, 2007
Did he give you any inkling as to when this was going to be released to retailers?

At the Exsense show end of March in milan he spoke from May. To date, I have, however, nowhere seen it. I think that it needs a little more patience...

Jardanel

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 3, 2008
So now Taklamakan will join Tenere (by Rabanne) in the category of fragrances named for the deadliest deserts on Earth.
The concept fascinates me. Want to try this soon.

Foustie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2010

Thank you so much for your impressions fly777. Essenza Nobile are promoting it in their current email so I was hunting around for some chat about it. I've tried others from the line and I enjoyed them. I'm really looking forward to trying this.

alphablade

Basenotes Member
Jul 8, 2012
Which fragrance is actually the most accessible from this line? Thibking about exploring the line as some people I trust on this board have spoken very highly of the line...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AnthonyG

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 27, 2015
I've never sampled anything from this house before but the notes certainly do seem interesting.

Wowsers, after checking the average prices for this house I can see why. 400 beans for 50ml? Worthy of the hype and price in your experience?

Any UK BNers interested in a split?
This is actually one of the more reasonably priced ones, €150.00 for 50ml. Presumably we'll have to do without gold for the lettering, moon rocks for the cap, or studded diamonds around the spray nozzle.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Which fragrance is actually the most accessible from this line? Thibking about exploring the line as some people I trust on this board have spoken very highly of the line...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
In terms of price perhaps Khôl de Bahreïn

Foustie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2010
I wore the last of my sample of Khôl de Bahreïn today after reading this thread. I had forgotten how beautiful it is. It really is gorgeous, not easy to describe, a sort of rich resinous amber with a beautiful velvety Iris at the heart, it has sweet, dry, powdery and creamy facets. It's very luxurious. It wears beautifully and it has lovely sillage and longevity. I really enjoyed wearing it and I was aware of it all evening although I only wore the little amount that I had left. I would really like to buy this one.

Last edited:

thebeck

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 25, 2007
I sampled last week and thought it was decent, but I wasn't thrilled enough to get a decant. Not nearly in the same league as the awesome Black Gemstone.

Viffer

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 28, 2014
I wore the last of my sample of Khôl de Bahreïn today after reading this thread. I had forgotren how beautiful it is. It really is gorgeous, not easy to describe, a sort of rich resinous amber with a beautiful velvety Iris at the heart, it has sweet, dry, powdery and creamy facets. It's very luxurious. It wears beautifully and it has lovely sillage and longevity. I really enjoyed wearing it and I was aware of it all evening although I only wore the little amount that I had left. I would really like to buy this one.
Go for it Foustie!
It is a very nice scent and one of the affordable ones in the 777 line!

Mustafa911

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 6, 2015
Not many reviews on this new scent ? Anyone else had an experience with new offering ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trucupey20

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2014
I got a sample of this, and Im very disappointing extremely weak juice is gone pretty quick , maybe 25 to 30 minutes on the skin, in my opinion not even close to the other ones in the line like Soleil de Jedda, Khol of Bahrein, etc, I been waiting to decide wich one to get.

Latest News