New Revised Classics Poll

Your Favourite from the List ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

david

Jun 7, 2005
I have included the classics that got the most votes from the last poll and at the same time added some that you thought should have been included.

cpp214

Jan 20, 2011
If I'm going just based on smell alone, it's hard for me to pick anything other than vintage Versace L'Homme from this list. Really regret selling my bottle now.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I can understand the votes for Patou Pour Homme and Versace L'Homme. Those are right up there for me, but I voted for Givenchy Gentleman. Huge honorable mention to Chanel Pour Monsieur. Givenchy Gentleman edges it, in part, because of the compliments. People love patchouli.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
I have included the classics that got the most votes from the last poll and at the same time added some that you thought should have been included.

It's very probable that most of the voters here haven't smelt not even a third of these fragrances, and will vote for what they know: the usual Dior-Chanel-Ralph Lauren trio, because these are the most popular brands commercially in the US and the vast majority of BNers are located in the US.

Only one (or maybe two) voters here, will have smelt Monsieur Rochas, Macassar or Ebene... these are total unicorns, so although these might be great fragrances, it's a bit useless to list them in a poll here in 2021...

Monsieur Montana

Jan 14, 2015
It's very probable that most of the voters here haven't smelt not even a third of these fragrances, and will vote for what they know: the usual Dior-Chanel-Ralph Lauren trio, because these are the most popular brands commercially in the US and the vast majority of BNers are located in the US.

Only one (or maybe two) voters here, will have smelt Monsieur Rochas, Macassar or Ebene... these are total unicorns, so although these might be great fragrances, it's a bit useless to list them in a poll here in 2021...

Good point Andy. But I can assure you that a minimum of 6 voters (from those that have already posted till now) have smelled or own not only the trio aforementioned but all the enlisted perfumes.

RichMan'sOldSpice

Jan 12, 2015
I voted for Dior Fahrenheit since my previous horses (Bogart Furyo and Lapidus Pour Homme) have been taken out of the running.

Also love: Chanel pour Monsieur, Egoiste, Eau Sauvage, Kouros, and my original favorite classic Paco Rabanne pour Homme. Lots of good choices.

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
Have never tried the Balmain

There are 4 or 5 that I love equally but voted for L'Homme -- not the current version though

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Good point Andy. But I can assure you that a minimum of 6 voters (from those that have already posted till now) have smelled or own not only the trio aforementioned but all the enlisted perfumes.

That is very probably not only the minimum, but also close to the maximum..
That is nonetheless a fun poll, but I would take the results with a pinch of salt, that is: divide by (at least 4) the votes of the commercial superstar trio (Polo-Fahrenheit-Egoiste), in order to make those results comparable to the other ones, and disreguard the unicorn's results, as these are for sure underrated given their rarity.

Latest News