NEW Ralph Lauren - Polo Cologne Intense Eau de Parfum

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Lol, somehow this seller already has testers available for sale! And it's not even for sale on Ulta's site yet!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POLO-COLOG...239269?hash=item1d05231ea5:g:llwAAOSwuZZgUk6x

ornUDH2.png

I'm tempted, but I know I won't be satisfied with just a tester presentation. So I'll hold off.. but that's a good price too!

Tempting for sure, no one has reviewed it yet I wanna hear a little about it first.

Uncrowned

May 18, 2019
If they re-released Polo Double Black as a more Powerful, Beastmode, Longer Lasting frag, I will sell all my bottles and buy 5 of those.

Tappio

Jun 21, 2011
Went blind on one of those testers on Ebay, hope I don't regret it too much! At $65 I figured it was more or less what it would cost if/when it hit the discounters, so I decided to roll the dice. I'm a little concerned the advertising lists it as a "fresh" fragrance, so I hope this doesn't come off as too "blue" or "aquatic". Nothing wrong with those types of scents, but not really what I'm hoping for from a Polo Green flanker.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
I hope this doesn't come off as too "blue" or "aquatic". Nothing wrong with those types of scents, but not really what I'm hoping for from a Polo Green flanker.

I agree. I really don't know what I want it to be, but I know I want it to distinctly resemble the OG. If not, what's the point? A flanker needs to be in the ballpark of the namesake, or else just launch a new scent.

Please be green and piney...

Tappio

Jun 21, 2011
I agree. I really don't know what I want it to be, but I know I want it to distinctly resemble the OG. If not, what's the point? A flanker needs to be in the ballpark of the namesake, or else just launch a new scent.

Please be green and piney...

Exactly! The worst case scenario for this one would be if it was developed as a Blue flanker, but was shifted over and released as a Green flanker as a sales ploy. I would be displeased if it has zero elements of Green in it.

jkonick

Feb 16, 2019
I blind bought a tester too. Other than the ambroxan I’m not toooo worried about this being a “bleu de polo” kinda thing. I’m not sure how close it’ll be to the og, but the multiple herbal notes and patchouli make me think it’s definitely going to be green one way or another. But if that’s all marketing hype and it ends up being grapefruit ambroxan bleh, I’ll be disappointed.

The Bark

Jan 24, 2003
I was anticipating this to arrive today, alas, who am I kidding? It was sent USPS. Even though it arrived in Cincy last night, they (once again) managed to redirect it to the wrong neighboring town. So (once again) it will need to be redirected back to Cincy before (hopefully) making its way here Monday. I just rolled my eyes and silently prayed for the day USPS goes the way of the Dinosaur when I saw this.

Basteri

Sep 8, 2008
some times, many times, all the times, masterpieces should remain untoched. They did a very good job with modern reserve ... I just have the feeling this one is going to make me cry in agony

scentimus

Oct 7, 2000
Just saw this is stock at Ulta website curious if any one tried it yet?

Sorry Bark didn’t see you have this on it’s way to you! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts

The Cologne Cabinet

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 22, 2014
some times, many times, all the times, masterpieces should remain untoched. They did a very good job with modern reserve ... I just have the feeling this one is going to make me cry in agony

Agreed, but Modern Reserve also had Carlos Benaim in the drivers seat....we don't know who the nose is behind this new one yet, but if it is like many of the other flankers, they aren't trying too hard to create anything particularly unique or timeless. That's just how the game is played these days with mid-tier designers and it's hard to blame them as the average consumer has an attention span on par with my 4 year old.

JJ The Terrible

Mar 2, 2020
Like Dior Homme 2020 and Hermes 24 this new Polo Intense Cologne EDP will be pleasant smelling, smell like its been done before (probably by Armani, Gucci or Boss with their 900 flankers).........safe and boring.

Last edited:

Sandy

Jan 15, 2005
Modern Reserve was a great scent from them. Since then I didn't find from them anything at Douglas worth to mention. But I'll surely give a try this new offering.

DEMON

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2010
I was anticipating this to arrive today, alas, who am I kidding? It was sent USPS. Even though it arrived in Cincy last night, they (once again) managed to redirect it to the wrong neighboring town. So (once again) it will need to be redirected back to Cincy before (hopefully) making its way here Monday. I just rolled my eyes and silently prayed for the day USPS goes the way of the Dinosaur when I saw this.

Nah
..... the post office is like the polo green on the shelves today: it doesn't need to go away, it just needs to be returned to its former greatness :)

DEMON

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2010
Modern Reserve was a great scent from them. Since then I didn't find from them anything at Douglas worth to mention. But I'll surely give a try this new offering.

I have a TINY amount of modern reserve remaining. If you ever long for it, $35 gets you a nice bottle of Chevignon. Damn near spot on!

Latest News