NEW Ralph Lauren - Polo Cologne Intense Eau de Parfum

Scuervo1

Oct 28, 2019
Switch the violet leafs in this Polo with the almond and you get Guerlain l’Homme Ideal Cool. They also have identical base accords: patchouli, vetiver, ambroxan. :/ I am assuming they will be smelling extremely similar to each other.

Beck

May 13, 2014
All my expectations gone when I read “ambroxan”. Sad.
Loved the other notes and the presentation.

The Cologne Cabinet

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 22, 2014
Looking forward to their next flanker

Polo Cologne Intense Eau de Parfum Extrait Concentree Sport Absolute Extreme

:laugh:

r13eLmf.gif

dougczar

Mar 3, 2012
This is a must sample for me, but I'm prepared to be disappointed by it. I wonder if there will be any recognizable elements of Polo Green in this at all.

My exact thoughts.

I loved Modern Reserve and purchased it in the spot and did an instant review thread. So I can’t see me not buying this just because Polo was my 80s stuff so I’ll take the shot

Yep. I wore Polo every day through high school. I just missed out on Modern Reserve - when I finally went to go get a bottle, it had just been discontinued. I regret waiting so long to decide on that one. Probably my biggest miss in this hobby.

Thank goodness for the brilliant original (and Crest).

Yes, I had a few bottles of Crest back in the day. That was another excellent one.

"Cologne Intense Eau De Parfum", run-of-the-mill Ambroxan + Grapefruit... All that's missing is the standard Pink Pepper.. Well, maybe one could be positively surprised anyway.

Yeah, I am very concerned about the Ambrox... Going to smell ultra synthetic and cheap, but hopefully it is in low dose, and well crafted.

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014
Bold predictions - It will sell for the top notes and new bottle presentation, then be discontinued within 18 months.

Bold prediction - it will be a flop, will get discontinued, sell for discount at Ross, Marshalls, Burlington, TJ Maxx, become sold out, will get extremely hyped, prices will quadruple and those who have it will sing its praises from the highest mountaintops - rinse and repeat

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
Bold prediction - it will be a flop, will get discontinued, sell for discount at Ross, Marshalls, Burlington, TJ Maxx, become sold out, will get extremely hyped, prices will quadruple and those who have it will sing its praises from the highest mountaintops - rinse and repeat

Yeah, but the discontinued Polo Red, Blue, and Black flankers die off and don't seem to go up in price.....will this one have a different result because it's a green flanker?

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
I’m really looking forward to this one the more the idea sinks in, really hope it isn’t a flop and a waste of the iconic Green Bottle!

When I get anxious and excited about this, I really try to calm myself down and remember that it's going to be too mainstream and boring. Doing this will hopefully ease the disappointment when I try it. Maybe I won't be disappointed. As someone mentioned, (Andy or Anton?), they have really put out some great Blue flankers the last two years. I have tried their Supreme line but have heard Leather and Cashmere are both great.

yourthemannowdog

Jan 22, 2021
Switch the violet leafs in this Polo with the almond and you get Guerlain l’Homme Ideal Cool. They also have identical base accords: patchouli, vetiver, ambroxan. :/ I am assuming they will be smelling extremely similar to each other.

ive been playing with a big 16 oz bottle of warner polo sport by adding violet extract oil to it and it really works good with polos notes . i also added a bunch more oakmoss extract too it blends in nicely

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001

Latest News