New Maison Christian Dior Fragrance for 2022?

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Been a while since I wore Cologne Blanche, and I decided to wear it again just to revisit it. The opening has a citrusy herbal freshness before moving onto smelling like you're smelling a real flower and its pollen. However, the weird facets from natural flowers is absent, so it is more of an idealized version of what a real white floral smells like. There is an almond that is present in the background, but it isn't obtrusive. Despite being a floral fragrance, it is quite unisex. There is this underlying freshness that is quite addicting. The freshness is almost like the "texture" of gasoline without smelling like gasoline. This is like catnip for me, and smelling it makes me melt. I can understand why it was polarizing and might not be as commercial as they hoped, because the next transition phase is when the baby powder facet comes in. Personally, I like it and find it very uplifting. This is what I imagine angels smell like. The citrus facet quietly hums in the background before it gradually fades away.

I can imagine a young Gaspard Ulliel smelling like this:
1652974517710.png

The late drydown of Cologne Blanche is when I can see the similarities with L'Eau d'Hiver. Since L'Eau d'Hiver was released prior to Cologne Blanche, I wouldn't be surprised if Hedi took inspiration from that. Although the notes do not list orris butter, it has a similar "tone" to fragrances that do have orris butter, so I wonder if it is in there. I don't know what orris butter smells like in isolation so I'm not 100% sure. Overall, I understand why it might not have appealed to the luxury fragrance consumer in the mid-00s. The baby powder facet was probably a deal breaker for many. Although it might not be as super interesting and exciting as other fragrances, there is a purity in Cologne Blanche that resonates with me. I find it superior to Byredo's Blanche, so I have hope that Cologne Blanche will appeal to the modern luxury fragrance consumer.

cheapimitation

Basenotes Dependent
May 15, 2015
I actually felt that Dior Homme 2020 should have been named Dior Men, to be consistent with how Kim changed the menswear's name. It makes sense why Hedi's original Dior Homme was relegated to limited distribution. Aside from not being commercial enough, it no longer matches the fashion side either.

I agree that Hedi is a control freak, but I see it as a positive thing. This is Hedi's thoughts at being called a control freak:

I value his control freak tendencies because it allows for consistency between everything in the brand. He makes sure everything meshes together and "makes sense". It almost feels like Apple products, and their ecosystem.

These are interviews Hedi had when the trio were first launched:

So your gut instincts that this being a very Hedi project is 100% right.
Oh yea I agree that being a control freak in this case is not a bad thing. We are sorely missing in auteurs these days. As everyone tries to be as broad and mass appealing as possible to move units, I really respect anyone with a clear and uncompromising vision.

For the sake of those who aren't into the fashion side of things, I was reinforcing your point of why Hedi's influence is relevant when discussing the privé line.

I'm excited to give Cologne Blanche a sniff again. I haven't smelled it since the time it came out and I remember the 57th St boutique smelling of Cologne Blanche. Ah it will bring back nostalgia of those early 2000s days when I first moved to NYC, visiting the Dior Homme boutique, going out to Misshapes and seeing people dressed in razor sharp tailoring rather than logo hoodies and tees. Gosh I feel old now!

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Ignorance is bliss, and now I look at Francois' version with a bit of disdain.
Wearing Francois' 2013 batch of Eau Noire, I still enjoy it for what it is, if I don't do a direct comparison with Francis' Eau Noire. I don't know what the most recent batch from Francois smells like, but I still enjoy wearing my bottle. Because it is a bit more shrill and crass compared to the original, I sort my Francois' bottle into my edgy category.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Just won an eBay auction for an unopened 125ml Eau Noir Cologne, sprayer an all. Very happy for my very early birthday present :) I’ll probably cough up the dough for the trio set once it’s out to have all 3 versions of Eau Noire.

98FCB4A8-15F9-438F-A41F-18256A1AFF4E.jpeg
Well done!

mytwoscentsworth

Basenotes Member
Aug 10, 2016
Hear ye, hear ye!

Dior La Collection Privée Trilogy Reedition

The revival of classic Dior scents can transport you into a world that is at once demanding and elegant. In this special re-release of the La Collection Privée Trilogy box, the Eau Noire, Cologne Blanche and Bois d’Argent each permeate your senses with lavender, orange blossom and iris respectively. A harmonious balance between tradition and audacity, the three fragrances are sure to charm and intrigue.

Priced at $540, the 40ml Trilogy Limited Series Box will be available exclusively from June 27th on Dior Beauty Online Boutique. The re-edition of Eau Noire, Cologne Blanche, Bois d’Argent fragrances will be available from September 2022 in all formats (40ml, $180 | 125ml, $370 | 250ml, $550) at La Collection Privée Christian Dior boutique in ION orchard, and online on Dior Beauty Online Boutique.

Note: Prices in Singaporean $.

Source:https://www.lofficielsingapore.com/beauty/a-summer-selection-of-beauty-products-for-a-mid-year-boost

dlcp.jpg

Welcome back my darling Cologne Blanche!😚

Jun 19, 2022
Checked their site as I've been eyeing that particular collection since I made my first purchases on it back in January and they re-released Feve Delicieuse (been eyeing that one for a long time) been itching for a good gourmand fragrance.

Anyway small update on that, it has disappeared from the site and this is turning into a game of whack-a-mole.

Last edited:

mytwoscentsworth

Basenotes Member
Aug 10, 2016
Description taken from Dior Singapore website:

THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY - LIMITED EDITION

Exceptionally produced in a limited series, this trilogy revives the founding notes of La Collection Privée Christian Dior: signatures refined to perfection that Francis Kurkdjian wanted to reunite for the first time since their creation in a set with a sleek, understated design. The trails of the 3 fragrances revisit with elegance and originality the fundamentals of perfumery: notes of lavender, orange blossom and iris.

- Cologne Blanche, 40 ml. This fragrance boasts a regal style, worthy of a salon at Versailles. A flawlessly elegant composition, Cologne Blanche unfurls a luminous orange blossom note enveloped in an intensely powdery violet accord. A skin scent, its lingering softness is like the caress of talc against a sensual ambery backdrop.

- Eau Noire, 40 ml. This fragrance akin to a nocturnal silhouette is reborn with a new impetus of three high-quality lavender essences and absolutes that enter into dialogue with the myrrh note and just the right dose of other gourmand notes to give it a chic, seductive effect.

- Bois d'Argent, 40 ml. Timeless yet avant-garde, the Bois d’Argent fragrance pioneered the concept of universal olfactory elegance. It’s a scent that you make your own, an addictive skin-to-skin effect. Dominated by an omnipresent and richly powdery iris heart note, Bois d'Argent is wrapped in a mystical frankincense note set against an ambery background.

The Original Trilogy is exclusively available on dior.com in a very limited edition.

source: https://shop.dior.com.sg/collection...es-eau-noire-cologne-blanche-and-bois-dargent

dior.jpg

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
I looked that the Singapore webstore and the limited edition set is already sold out!?

- Cologne Blanche, 40 ml. This fragrance boasts a regal style, worthy of a salon at Versailles. A flawlessly elegant composition, Cologne Blanche unfurls a luminous orange blossom note enveloped in an intensely powdery violet accord. A skin scent, its lingering softness is like the caress of talc against a sensual ambery backdrop.
Interesting that Francis describes Cologne Blanche as regal, worthy of a salon at Versailles.
cce.02.072_006.jpg

- Eau Noire, 40 ml. This fragrance akin to a nocturnal silhouette is reborn with a new impetus of three high-quality lavender essences and absolutes that enter into dialogue with the myrrh note and just the right dose of other gourmand notes to give it a chic, seductive effect.
I'm interested to see how Francis re-imagines Eau Noire for the modern luxury fragrance consumer. I'm not going to expect it to smell the same, so I will keep an open mind when testing it. Seems like new lavender and new addition of myrrh. I'm not sure if myrrh was always in the formula, but just never explicitly brought up. I can imagine it is a new addition.

More info:
When perfumer Francis Kurkdjian joined Parfums Christian Dior as its perfume creation director in October 2021, his first order of business was to re-edit a trio of fragrances. The very ones that were created during his first engagement with Dior in 2004. The triptych of complementary scents, Bois d’Argent, Cologne Blanche and Eau Noire, were first conceived as a perfect silhouette for the La Collection Privée Christian Dior universe, the private line of perfumes inspired by the heritage of the French fashion house. Spot a returning favourite in the line-up? The trio have been revisited, polished to perfection and will be re-issued at the end of the month in their beautiful natural colours. Keeping the magic and remaining as elegant as the originals, here’s what to expect from the re-edition of scents that each showcase an emblematic flower.

First up, Bois d’Argent, revered for its addictive skin-to-skin experience, will pull you into a comforting hug. Set on a warm amber base, the richly powdered iris is contrasted with a mystical frankincense note to arouse desire and curiosity.

Cologne Blanche returns as a more modern edition that will set hearts racing. Still gracing the wearer with flawless elegance, look forward to luminous orange blossom paired with an intense powdery violet accord and sensual amber for a talcum caress that stays close to the skin.

Lastly, Eau Noire that now displays a lovely honey-tinged hue. Its heart follows a trio of lavender absolutes and essences and is now heightened with myrrh and a sensual gourmand liquorice accord for a contemporary blend that’s chic, mysterious and intense.

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Only $540 for 3 reformulated 40ml bottles (120ml total).

What a steal.
While it is true that they're all reformulations, the fact that 2/3 are reformulated by the same original perfumer feels a bit more special. Even if different, I can't help but feel like it will still have the same "soul". I'm going to approach the re-releases with an open mind, without expecting them to smell like the original versions.

GoldWineMemories

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 22, 2019
Only $540 for 3 reformulated 40ml bottles (120ml total).

What a steal.
It's a special release it's not meant to be a good deal. The regular bottles will come out later for purchase at the regular price point. I do believe Dior plans to have a price increase before that as well.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Waiting for Cologne Blanche and the other two in 125ml fixed atomizers so I can dump the three original ones I have with screw on atomizer.

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
It's a special release it's not meant to be a good deal. The regular bottles will come out later for purchase at the regular price point. I do believe Dior plans to have a price increase before that as well.
While the price isn't a steal, it isn't more expensive than 3 regular bottles of 40 mL fragrances. This is Singaporean money, mind you.

1656562777534.png

525/3 = 175. So you're paying the same as if you were going to buy all 3 in 40 mL size anyways.

capt. carl

Nov 21, 2015
How do you figure that they will have another price increase? Didn’t they just do that? Prices are rediculous as it is

GoldWineMemories

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 22, 2019
How do you figure that they will have another price increase? Didn’t they just do that? Prices are rediculous as it is
It's what I heard. We'll see if it ends up being true or not. It's clear these LVMH brands (Guerlain, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Celine) are having the exclusive lines of perfume raised to a more exclusive price.

capt. carl

Nov 21, 2015
It's what I heard. We'll see if it ends up being true or not. It's clear these LVMH brands (Guerlain, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Celine) are having the exclusive lines of perfume raised to a more exclusive price.
Dudee....You weren't wrong they just did a huge price increase. Damn... and I was considering buying a bottle of ambre nuit a week ago. I will no longer be purchasing any of these. Too bad.

Olympe de Gouges

Basenotes Member
Feb 26, 2022
I am really not the target market for this and was never going to buy any of it anyways, so my opinion is irrelevant however: is it weird that I am kind of legitimately disappointed that Eau Noire is not green anymore?

GoldWineMemories

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 22, 2019
Wow, you weren’t kidding. The 125ml went up by $50. That’s a shame.
Sure enough. At those prices not worth it to me for most of the line. Chanel seems to be the only exclusive line under $200/100ml for the 6.8oz sizes. I just can't be fucked to pay so much to these brands that offer so little in terms of innovation. Oh well, everything happens in cycles, at some point perfume will bring something interesting again.

capt. carl

Nov 21, 2015
Sure enough. At those prices not worth it to me for most of the line. Chanel seems to be the only exclusive line under $200/100ml for the 6.8oz sizes. I just can't be fucked to pay so much to these brands that offer so little in terms of innovation. Oh well, everything happens in cycles, at some point perfume will bring something interesting again.
Nope, I was considering getting a big bottle of ambre nuit last week, after going to their website and seeing this today that is definitely not going to happen. Nor is any other future purchase with them.

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
I have a sickness inside of me that doesn't mind when brands raise their prices, especially if I've already got my bottle. I feel like it adds additional barriers to keep out the people who don't truly love it anyways. People who love it enough will buy it regardless of the price increase. This creates an environment where those who wear it are all part of a tight-knit community with similar elective affinities. But the fact that the price of Baccarat Rouge 540, and its extrait formulation, is not stopping so many people from buying it, makes me doubt Dior's price increase is going to create much of a barrier.

GoldWineMemories

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 22, 2019
I have a sickness inside of me that doesn't mind when brands raise their prices, especially if I've already got my bottle. I feel like it adds additional barriers to keep out the people who don't truly love it anyways. People who love it enough will buy it regardless of the price increase. This creates an environment where those who wear it are all part of a tight-knit community with similar elective affinities. But the fact that the price of Baccarat Rouge 540, and its extrait formulation, is not stopping so many people from buying it, makes me doubt Dior's price increase is going to create much of a barrier.
At this point I don't really care what price a fragrance is, because an extra $50-100 doesn't matter. I however am not paying that extra money for something that is dull, banal, or pastiche.

Rodolfo

Basenotes Junkie
Jun 2, 2008
I have a sickness inside of me that doesn't mind when brands raise their prices, especially if I've already got my bottle. I feel like it adds additional barriers to keep out the people who don't truly love it anyways. People who love it enough will buy it regardless of the price increase. This creates an environment where those who wear it are all part of a tight-knit community with similar elective affinities.
A "gem" of a comment. I think it reminds me of another one I read in an old BN thread, if I remember correctly. Of these that personally remain engraved in the Basenotes file that I have saved in my memory, since they induce a deep reflection. Anyway, detestable and quite ridiculous.

Last edited:

GoldWineMemories

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 22, 2019
I noticed that they raised the prices on all sizes but the 450ml. So you can get 250ml for $420...or you can get 15oz for $450. I wonder if they plan on removing the 450ml sizing soon? Who knows, that's just conjecture on my part.

pfranka

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2010
I noticed that they raised the prices on all sizes but the 450ml. So you can get 250ml for $420...or you can get 15oz for $450. I wonder if they plan on removing the 450ml sizing soon? Who knows, that's just conjecture on my part.
I am outside the U.S. and the difference is about $75 here vs your $30, but still seemingly a good deal. Though you don't get the sprayer, so I guess it depends what you want to do with it. It would definitely work well for decanting!

Oct 17, 2020
Looks like the 40ml original trio set is available for sale in the US now. I also find it interesting that they have the 5 fragrances in the dioriviera collection listed at the old prices after the recent price increase. I wonder if that is an oversight on them. So if you want one of those might be a good time to grab them, limited edition for those but looks like the only difference is the packaging it comes in and $50 cheaper for the 125ml.

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
I was in the checkout ready to get it but decided not to. I think I’ll just wait until September or October and hope someone starts selling decants. I’ll give them a sample and see if they’re any good. I’m mostly interested in the Bois d’Argent rework. Eau Noire sounds interesting too but also like something I would only need a 40ml of.

Latest News