NEW: La Collection Celine Haute Parfumerie

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
Don't forget to share your thoughts! :)

So far so good, it has exceeded my expectations and these quick notes are based on one wear on the move from the included sample (4 sprays).
There might be more stages to it but this is what I noticed yesterday.

Stage 1: Dry CPUH like opening, lavender and vanilla in the front (not as sweet and creamy as CPUH, seems dryer)
Stage 2: Creamy and thick La Pausa orris comes into play, very buttery
Stage 3: Stages 1 and 2 mix, white flowers become more noticeable – the most "feminine" stage, no complaints here
Stage 4: This took me by surprise – a sheer and ethereal Bois d'Argent scent
Stage 5: I thought it was gone but then a very mellow and super-clean white soap scent appeared, I was already in bed, so it was extremely nice

It's a keeper.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
We have the sample set that includes everything except Rimbaud. I find them ok and mostly forgettable, but my wife is taking to them, including Reptile which she wore today and said she was loving. She can get into modern stuff in a way that I just can't.

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
We have the sample set that includes everything except Rimbaud. I find them ok and mostly forgettable, but my wife is taking to them, including Reptile which she wore today and said she was loving. She can get into modern stuff in a way that I just can't.

I like Reptile but not enough to make a purchase – I find it the most designer'esque from the bunch.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I like Reptile but not enough to make a purchase – I find it the most designer'esque from the bunch.
Black Tie, Nightclubbing, and Rimbaud are the three you've considered full-bottle worthy (fbw)? I haven't tried Rimbaud, but I've worn Nightclubbing and Black Tie. I think those two deliver on their concepts. I felt like I was at a Nightclub in Nightclubbing and I felt well dressed in Black Tie.

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
Nightclubbing was an instant like for me, no regrets there – I'm an ex-smoker who used to party a lot :D I was debating on whether to get Black Tie or Reptile and went with Black Tie, I still don't know if I made the right choice. Could live without either.

Parade – didn't care for it and it reminded me of Century by Dunhill
Dans Paris – too sweet, like having a marshmallow up your nose
Eau de Californie – once in a while I get the urge to wear it but am over it after 15 minutes
Cologne Francaise – have a decant, it's OK but I never reach for it

As stated here previously, many of them share the same facets.

I think they are targeted to a younger demographic than, let's say, Chanel or Frederic Malle. I do get a juvenile sense out of them but it's fun :)

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Eugen once again putting out a video that is resonating quite well with the Nightclubbing discussion:

My guess is that Nightclubbing is a reference to the David Bowie and Iggy Pop song by the same name, as it is no secret that Hedi is a big fan of both.

Moodboard for Nightclubbing:
1615416557688-png.1571618

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021

I found La Peau Nue to be unisex, but it was a bit too pretty for me to pull off. It is something I would much rather smell from others than from myself. Despite leaning feminine, I feel like it is quite androgynous, and very very slightly edgy. On the right guy, it would give off a very mysterious and sexy feeling. Leans elegant.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Speaking of Nightclubbing, it’s certainly one of the stronger performers from the line. But it kinda reminded me of MFK Cologne Pour Le Soir.

Last edited:

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
During the launch of the Haute Parfumerie line in 2019, Celine gifted customers with Saint-Germain-des-Prés scented drawer liners.
1613693753444-png.1558100

Saint-Germain-des-Prés' notes:
1644232034721.png

Spicy green fresh opening that dries down to a beautiful powdery vanilla, and almond drydown. Heliotrope being very dominant. Turns out scenting clothing with heliotrope is something quite traditional and French.

wh.jpg

A rage in the 19th century perfume. At Louis Vuitton's requirements, Aimé Guerlain should spray the inside a suitcase with Heliotrope perfume to keep the clothes fragrant with its light and lasting scent.

Seems too much of a coincidence, and since Hedi studied Art History from the École du Louvre, and he's a bit of a history nerd, I can imagine the idea of Saint-Germain-des-Prés drawer liners being an homage to the French tradition of scenting clothes with Heliotrope perfume.

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Wearing Saint-Germain-des-Prés, and the opening and mid really captures the feeling I got when smelling natural flowers.
fresh-colorful-variety-flowers-for-sale-at-outdoor-market-picture-id182848692

1024px-Starr_071024-0039_Lonicera_japonica.jpg

The weird, and interesting, facets I used to notice in Saint-Germain-des-Prés is also something I noticed from smelling real flowers recently. Real flowers smell complex and has weird facets to them. It is easier for me to understand now what Hedi meant when he said he wanted to capture the Jardin du Luxembourg in Saint-Germain-des-Prés.

I look forward to smelling the Grands Lys candle:
1644407225070.png

800px-Lilium_longiflorum.jpg

Grands Lys might be the candle equivalent to Saint-Germain-des-Prés. I do like it when specific fragrances are designed for perfume format and candle format. It makes it feel more intentional, rather than lazily diversifying their products to make a cash grab.

Last edited:

Peckerhead

Dec 6, 2014
Getting familiar with Reptile today i find it goes over my head, doesn't feel like much, if anything, more underwhelming than understated. I found it to be very orange-y, and a pleasant soapy ambroxan. No smoke or leather of any sort, at whichever angle i tried to perceive it, I'll try again another day.
I had some Parade on and someone had asked if i was wearing D&G Light Bleu, as its their signature scent and had connected the two.

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Hedi's ad for the Celine Haute Parfumerie line:

Lisa is riding around Paris in a Rolls Royce. Feels like a reference to Hedi's olfactory diary of Eau de Californie that talks about Hedi wanting to capture the smell of the Connolly leather in his Rolls Royce Corniche.
1644492082176.png

The Pale Blue Eyes song from the Velvet Underground is the second reference to the band from Hedi. His first reference was in his olfactory diary talking about how Dans Paris was to help capture his time in Paris, sailing down the Seine and listening to Velvet Underground with his friends.
1644492045983.png

Blast from the past, his Dior Homme ad:

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
I’m starting to think about getting a bottle of Parade now. I had originally thought about Eau de Californie, but I think Parade would suit me and my taste more. I’ve noticed most people saying that Parade isn’t unique for the price tag though. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I’m starting to wish I had bought a 200ml bottle of Rimbaud now too (just like after I bought LV Afternoon Swim). Haha hopefully it’s still around and still good by time I run out. I typically refrain from buying anything larger than 100ml because I worry about it going bad before I can enjoy all of it. Hell, I worry about that with my 100ml bottles too! Haha oh how I wish I could accept the concept of impermanence and letting love go… :D

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
I’m starting to think about getting a bottle of Parade now. I had originally thought about Eau de Californie, but I think Parade would suit me and my taste more. I’ve noticed most people saying that Parade isn’t unique for the price tag though. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
Parade has feelings of a nice modern upscale ambient scent. Personally, I see it as someone I would wear when I want to give off the impression that I'm someone who is calm, elegant, and composed. It gives off the impression of matching someone who is approachable, but also tactful.

I’m starting to wish I had bought a 200ml bottle of Rimbaud now too (just like after I bought LV Afternoon Swim). Haha hopefully it’s still around and still good by time I run out. I typically refrain from buying anything larger than 100ml because I worry about it going bad before I can enjoy all of it. Hell, I worry about that with my 100ml bottles too! Haha oh how I wish I could accept the concept of impermanence and letting love go… :D
Haha, as long as you store them away from UV, you will help prolong their longevity significantly. I bought 200 mL bottles because I couldn't let go of the idea of having enough of the first formulations of the fragrances. I'm 100% positive they will get reformulated down the road due to whatever constraints that will be placed on the fragrances inevitably. I learned the hard way from my experiences with Hedi's Dior fragrances.

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
How do the 100ml bottles compare to the 200ml bottles in size? Sometimes when the bottles are too big it gets difficult to spray properly. Haha

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
How do the 100ml bottles compare to the 200ml bottles in size? Sometimes when the bottles are too big it gets difficult to spray properly. Haha
Yeah, I can see what you mean. My 200 mL bottle of Odeur 53 is a handful.

evFFZsOE97qErfNf.jpg

Here someone is unboxing a 200 mL Celine Haute Parfumerie bottle:

JonoBorneo

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 30, 2019
Sampled Coramandel tonight next to nightclubbing. I find them remarkably similar in some aspects; the sharp sparkling patchouli of both has a similar nicotine effect. While I find nightclubbing more creative, and overall a better composition, Coramandel is probably more wearable for me. I don’t necessarily want to smell like I’ve been smoking and boozing my way through life, as cool as it may smell.

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
I'm 100% positive they will get reformulated down the road due to whatever constraints that will be placed on the fragrances inevitably. I learned the hard way from my experiences with Hedi's Dior fragrances.

Wanted to circle back to this. For both of our sakes, I hope you’re wrong. Haha

I’m curious if there is a point where these constraints just make it impossible to make a good perfume anymore. Also, are these constraints voluntary? Maybe the perfumers will just say enough is enough and stop following them.

GoldWineMemories

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 22, 2019
Sampled Coramandel tonight next to nightclubbing. I find them remarkably similar in some aspects; the sharp sparkling patchouli of both has a similar nicotine effect. While I find nightclubbing more creative, and overall a better composition, Coramandel is probably more wearable for me. I don’t necessarily want to smell like I’ve been smoking and boozing my way through life, as cool as it may smell.
hmmm. Can't tell if that makes me want to try Nightclubbing more, or less.

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020

I don't see it and would never mistake them for one another.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Tested some celine's in store I give a thumbs up to the cologne spins offs and nightclubbing is fairly interesting while the smoke note its quite good minus the acridness found in the real thing. Rimbulad was not my cup of tea not my style of lavender

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Rimbulad was not my cup of tea not my style of lavender
How would you describe the lavender in Rimbaud? I've only experienced a few lavenders, so I don't really have a lot of context of the different interpretations of lavender. I've smelled inexpensive lavender-scented household products, the lavender in Helmut Lang Eau de Cologne, lavender essential oil (but memory is a bit hazy on this), lavender in Pour un Homme de Caron, and the lavender in Eau Noire. For my limited experience, the lavender in Rimbaud immediately connected with my memory of the lavender in Eau Noire.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
How would you describe the lavender in Rimbaud? I've only experienced a few lavenders, so I don't really have a lot of context of the different interpretations of lavender. I've smelled inexpensive lavender-scented household products, the lavender in Helmut Lang Eau de Cologne, lavender essential oil (but memory is a bit hazy on this), lavender in Pour un Homme de Caron, and the lavender in Eau Noire. For my limited experience, the lavender in Rimbaud immediately connected with my memory of the lavender in Eau Noire.
So in eau noire and Rimbaud both have somewhat of a camphor like lavender however in eau noire there are other things going on that take the bite away from it making it tolerable while Rimbaud has it on full display which I don’t like

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
So in eau noire and Rimbaud both have somewhat of a camphor like lavender however in eau noire there are other things going on that take the bite away from it making it tolerable while Rimbaud has it on full display which I don’t like
Yeah, I think I understand what you mean. In Eau Noire, the opening is more than just the lavender. The other components are also in play, giving the impression that a lot is happening at once from the get go. The progression of the phases in Rimbaud almost feels very distinct and clean cut by comparison.

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
My 200ml of Parade arrived today. Wow, these bottles are pretty big lol! Not hard to spray with though, so it’s all good. I’m wishing I had just spent the extra hundred each time and gotten 200ml’s of Rimbaud and Cologne Francaise. Oh well, that’s life. Hopefully they’re still available and still great when I run out of my 100ml’s, whenever (or if ever) that may be.

The sample I received this time was La Peau Nue. Wasn’t very happy about that lol. It’s obviously very feminine so there’s no way I’d want it. I was really hoping for Reptile or even Black Tie. Oh well.

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Been wearing Dans Paris, and the subtly fresh/herbal vanilla facets found in the late drydown really reminds me of the similar facets found in Eau Noire.

Wore Black Tie recently and noticed a boozy accord that my brain didn't associate with the fragrance before. I don't know my liquor well enough to pinpoint what type it is. However, based on how one of the candles, Tambour Noir, has a smokey bourbon accord, I'm inclined to believe there may also be one in Black Tie. It is congruent with how many reviewers have noticed a smokey note in Black Tie.

1645495147311.png

I can see Black Tie matching these two looks very congruently:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
Question for owners of Parade:

What’s the performance like for you? I did four sprays on the chest this morning and it’s hard to detect it. I’m wondering if this one just requires more sprays than I’m used to. I do four with Rimbaud, and that seems better, but I’m even thinking five might be better with that one. Parade may require six…

They are detectable on clothes for a while but they don’t project at all really after a while (from what I can tell)

Edit: I should mention that my bottle is from the newest batch. Not sure if that matters. Maybe it’s just easy to go nose blind to this one? Or is it that all the Celine fragrances are kinda subtle (aside from Cologne Francaise, from my experience)?

Last edited:

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Question for owners of Parade:

What’s the performance like for you? I did four sprays on the chest this morning and it’s hard to detect it. I’m wondering if this one just requires more sprays than I’m used to. I do four with Rimbaud, and that seems better, but I’m even thinking five might be better with that one. Parade may require six…

They are detectable on clothes for a while but they don’t project at all really after a while (from what I can tell)

Edit: I should mention that my bottle is from the newest batch. Not sure if that matters. Maybe it’s just easy to go nose blind to this one? Or is it that all the Celine fragrances are kinda subtle (aside from Cologne Francaise, from my experience)?
I'll test and report back. From my experience so far, I remember that I could detect the drydown from my t-shirt that was around half a metre away after around 24 hours since I applied Parade. Might be worth doing that test and placing your clothes around you and seeing how far it actually projects just from your clothes, instead of just sniffing the clothes directly.

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
I'll test and report back. From my experience so far, I remember that I could detect the drydown from my t-shirt that was around half a metre away after around 24 hours since I applied Parade. Might be worth doing that test and placing your clothes around you and seeing how far it actually projects just from your clothes, instead of just sniffing the clothes directly.

Do you apply all of your fragrances to clothes, or is this just the fragrance that latches onto your clothes from your skin that you’re referring to?

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Do you apply all of your fragrances to clothes, or is this just the fragrance that latches onto your clothes from your skin that you’re referring to?
Yeah I apply to my collarbones, and some of it transfers to my t-shirts. I find I get more longevity and a fuller experience than just applying to exposed skin.

ToasterStrudle

Jan 12, 2022
Just caught Eugen's stream where he was talking about Celine. Recently he reached out on Instagram to see if anyone knew the perfumers, he was DMd their names by an insider wishing to remain anonymous, they are:

Antoine Maisondieu
Olivia Giacobetti
Annick Menardo

it was not revealed who made which fragrance in the line.

Latest News