NEW Dior Sauvage Elixir

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
Usually when a fragrance is very potent like an extrait it will come in a smaller bottle. I don't know what is stronger an extrait or an elixir, but Sauvage Elixir shouldn't be worn with more than two sprays. It really is potent. A 100ml bottle would be very expensive.

slpfrsly

Physician, heal thyself
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Very interesting fragrance. Reminds me of something I've tried before but can't put my finger on. Maybe an oriental clubbing type fragrance. 1 Million? I don't think it's that, but there's hints of it. Interlude? I think it might be something in that territory, something more niche and incensey. I definitely think there's a broad similarity to Kokorico by JPG in Elixir. But there's something else as well. That mentholated 'sexy' smell you can find in so many scents (Layton, Red Tobacco) is in here but it's specifically reminding me of something I can't quite pinpoint.

Anyway, not quite the fragrance I was expecting it to be. It retains the warm oriental notes the EDP and Parfum fragrances used. I expected something closer to Drakkar Noir but this is better than I expected. Definitely the best of the bunch, easily the most wearable and all that sort of thing. Good stuff. Not something I'd go for I don't think but it's good.

basicDave

Feb 7, 2014
Anyone worn it in the heat yet, does it become gross or did it end up working in high heat?
Yeah I wore it yesterday in the Austin heat (around 93F with decent humidity). Two sprays under the shirt. I think it does very well in the heat. I'm in the office most of the time (70F), so it stays well behaved spraying under the shirt. But going outside for a walk, it seems to bloom, but in a very nice way, not cloying. Somehow it is dense, with normally heavy notes, but it's diffusive and not thick/cloying. I'm not sensitive to the things others have complained about for the Sauvage line in general.

slpfrsly

Physician, heal thyself
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
This is nuclear, isn't it. Ridiculously strong fragrance. Also, a lot of Beau de Jour in the base. A shared ambery-fougere smell. Shared aromachemicals, definitely, but the Sauvage has a different feel to it. Feels more withdrawn, deeper, darker, less up top or bright.

Latest News