NEW Dior Sauvage Elixir

thescentguru

May 12, 2019
I have tried Elixir a handful of times now, and every time I get similar performance. Within 30 minutes it becomes a close skin scent and a few hours later it's barely noticed on my, even by my wife when she's hugging me etc. Had performance been good I could have forgiven it for being a relatively boring scent.
Interesting. I've given it a few wearing's and find it lasts so long as to make me wish it didn't.

It's a decent scent for what it is and very much crowd pleasing but not something I gravitate towards. Can't knock Dior for building off it's blockbuster.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
There is no doubt it's reminiscent of 80's scents. My wife even thought it reminded her of Polo of all things, and I have seen Drakkar mentioned often. For me, it's still Xeryus by Givenchy. Great scent with awesome tenacity. Could still smell it at bed time last night.

techt

Nov 2, 2016
I get that feeling also.
There is no doubt it's reminiscent of 80's scents. My wife even thought it reminded her of Polo of all things, and I have seen Drakkar mentioned often. For me, it's still Xeryus by Givenchy. Great scent with awesome tenacity. Could still smell it at bed time last night.
Good to know!

Tappio

Jun 21, 2011
Picked this up earlier this week, and it has been growing on me the more I wear it and get to know it. I was lukewarm on it after my first couple of wears, and I was getting too much "shower gel" from it, but now I'm getting more of the warmer, spicier notes now, especially as it dries down. I'm enjoying it more as I get to know it better.

Latest News