NEW Dior Sauvage Elixir

adamn2020

May 29, 2018
Johnny says it feels punk rock to him, does it feel punk rock to you?

Ehh I don’t know about punk rock, but I can definitely see this being worn with a black shirt or black leather jacket. This is very smoooooth, with a dash of lavender that I think is very well done, along with that lovely Sauvage smell. I’ve been wearing it the past two days and like it more and more each time I smell it. Not trying to hype it up, but it is a keeper (if you can find it cheaper than $155!)

smellyD

Feb 7, 2014
Ehh I don’t know about punk rock, but I can definitely see this being worn with a black shirt or black leather jacket. This is very smoooooth, with a dash of lavender that I think is very well done, along with that lovely Sauvage smell. I’ve been wearing it the past two days and like it more and more each time I smell it. Not trying to hype it up, but it is a keeper (if you can find it cheaper than $155!)

Are you wearing it in the heat? How does it do in warmer weather?

adamn2020

May 29, 2018
Are you wearing it in the heat? How does it do in warmer weather?

I haven’t really worn it out too much in the heat, but I do live in Alabama, and the humidity usually destroys anything I put on.

IMO, I’m not sure this will be great in the high heat just because it doesn’t have that sharp metallic smell the EDT had, this to me, will be better for the cooler days in the fall and winter.

smellyD

Feb 7, 2014
I haven’t really worn it out too much in the heat, but I do live in Alabama, and the humidity usually destroys anything I put on.

IMO, I’m not sure this will be great in the high heat just because it doesn’t have that sharp metallic smell the EDT had, this to me, will be better for the cooler days in the fall and winter.

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Texas. I can't wait to sample this myself.

Mikeaveli2682

Apr 18, 2018
Just sniffed it off a card at Macys. Out August 20th according to a SA there. Smells very different than what I expected. Beautiful but definitely the most unique Sauvage.

Miltz

Mar 3, 2020
Would be interested in this. I have the EdT but am thinking of shooting for a smaller bottle of the EdP and Parfum too so I can pick my fave over multiple wears.

MELVCMS01

Sep 7, 2015
First time wearing today, its great.

Def my fav in the line.

it dries down similarish to BdC Parfum , but the Dior is miles ahead imo in overall scent, and is monstrous.

GoldWineMemories

Nov 22, 2019
I think the Sauvage line is so cool in today's age. What other fragrance product has an EDT, EDP, Parfum, and now this "Elixir", along with shower gel, shaving del, deodorant, after shave balm, and after shave lotion? I personally don't like Sauvage enough to utilize these products, but ancillary products to go with your fragrance is always great imo.

Dago

Mar 4, 2021
I think the Sauvage line is so cool in today's age. What other fragrance product has an EDT, EDP, Parfum, and now this "Elixir", along with shower gel, shaving del, deodorant, after shave balm, and after shave lotion? I personally don't like Sauvage enough to utilize these products, but ancillary products to go with your fragrance is always great imo.

As a fellow lover of ancillary products, I couldn't agree more! And by the way, the Eau Sauvage line has even a couple more options than Sauvage (shaving cream and shaving foam). I just hope that one day Dior will reintroduce Fahrenheit Soap Bar, Balm and Shaving Cream, that would make my morning routine pure magic!

GoldWineMemories

Nov 22, 2019
As a fellow lover of ancillary products, I couldn't agree more! And by the way, the Eau Sauvage line has even a couple more options than Sauvage (shaving cream and shaving foam). I just hope that one day Dior will reintroduce Fahrenheit Soap Bar, Balm and Shaving Cream, that would make my morning routine pure magic!

I wish we could get the Eau Sauvage ancillary stuff (along with the 1000ml bottle) in America. They only really have the aftershave here.

notspendingamillion

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 2, 2018
Its different. The campfire smoke aspect from the Parfum is amped up, to great effect. It almost has a foot in the past, like a smoothed out Beau de Jour. There is quite a bit of Drakkar Noir here too, with the lavendar. It is quite oily when sprayed. It took me all of 1 second inhaling it to say I'd take one. I was worried that the grapefruit instead of bergamot would smell like they were following that grapefruit bandwagon with a realistic grapefruit overdose, ala Forevor. But it isn't. It is definitlely a grapefruit instead of a mandarin from the Parfum and bergamot from the EDP and EDT. Smoky lavendar effect, maybe brought about by a fractured patchouli like akigalawood, with the grapefruit coming forward more in the mid, with the ambroxan and sandalwood more apparent. I'm excited to get to know this one. The cap is a little smaller than the last ones were, which seems a bit strange. I don't know why they didn't just use the old one. Oh well.

notspendingamillion

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 2, 2018
Jeezy petes this stuff is good. Im thinking the sage and norlimbanol/incense contributes to the herbal feeling in the mid that is shading everything a little more outdoors than the others. Its well used, but is the first seam ive seen. Im getting different facets from different wafts with movement. Best designer release ive smelled in a while. Price is worth it to me, but i can understand if people think its not. 2.50+ per ml has you swimming against different competition.

Mikeaveli2682

Apr 18, 2018
Jeezy petes this stuff is good. Im thinking the sage and norlimbanol/incense contributes to the herbal feeling in the mid that is shading everything a little more outdoors than the others. Its well used, but is the first seam ive seen. Im getting different facets from different wafts with movement. Best designer release ive smelled in a while. Price is worth it to me, but i can understand if people think its not. 2.50+ per ml has you swimming against different competition.

Agreed. I think it's better than Bleu de Chanel Parfum which I really love.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017

Being it’s not a subpar release like I felt the Parfum was I think the price more than justifies the $155 price, sticker shock sets in with the Parfum like ehh that’s it that’s all?! Now that they have done something interesting with Dior Sauvage I think they will actually do well with this seems more of a variance then Bleu De Chanel Parfum was from the rest of the BDC line.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
Got to try this today.

I feel they took Sauvage and gave it the "Fahrenheit Parfum" treatment. It's pleasantly warm, spicy and dense. Definitely for cooler seasons and evenings. Easily the best of the line for me.

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
Was able to try this today as well. The first blast to me was off putting, with that strong, harsh cinnamon and citrus opening. Once it settles a bit, about 5 or so minutes, it starts to smooth out and the lavender starts to come out. From that point forward, you get this dark beauty of a fragrance all the way to the dry down. I do pick up some of that licorice and patchouli.

It's very long lasting and a consistent projector for hours. Honestly, I would be hard pressed to find the familiar Sauvage DNA. I get it because I know the name, but this could have easily been released under a completely different name and I wouldn't think it was a flanker to the original. I'm sure I'll be picking up a bottle at some point.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Was able to try this today as well. The first blast to me was off putting, with that strong, harsh cinnamon and citrus opening. Once it settles a bit, about 5 or so minutes, it starts to smooth out and the lavender starts to come out. From that point forward, you get this dark beauty of a fragrance all the way to the dry down. I do pick up some of that licorice and patchouli.

It's very long lasting and a consistent projector for hours. Honestly, I would be hard pressed to find the familiar Sauvage DNA. I get it because I know the name, but this could have easily been released under a completely different name and I wouldn't think it was a flanker to the original. I'm sure I'll be picking up a bottle at some point.

Appreciate the feedback this definitely sounds like a fragrance that will fit perfectly in my wardrobe I will probably pick up a bottle later this year or early next year.

Nastka

Mar 6, 2011
I tried it yesterday as well, and it's miles ahead of the other Sauvage offerings. That being said, I have it on a card, not on skin as I was wearing something else already. The Sauvage DNA is there in the late drydown, and doesn't rub me the wrong way as much as the EdT and EdP (I don't think I've tried the Parfum).

It projects like crazy from the get-go up until now nearly 18 hours later, and is very smooth unless you put your nose right against it. But from afar, it's probably one of the nicest 'blue' masculine scents I have tried in a long time, and I'd happily get a sample or decant to spend more time with it.

Off-topic: That being said, my local Dior reps in Selfridges are the pushiest SAs spouting pure drivel that I have ever come across (I quote: 'this is the Sauuuuvaaaage Elixiiir using only the finest, natural and most concentrated ingredients!!!' - I nearly lost it at 'natural'), and I'll definitely not be leaving my money there when it comes to a full bottle purchase.

ToughCool

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
The best new release in ages. Wearing it now. Calls to mind 80’s classics like Xeryus. My wife pre-purchased a bottle for my upcoming birthday. It’s a wow.

Nice! I loved Xeryus and that metallic bottle. I need to get my nose on this.

Thorien

Mar 16, 2018
Just got mine in the post...Wow this stuff is strong! A tiny spray is projecting like crazy and has filled the room with the smoky intense but smooth and spicy fragrance. Definitely nothing here that reminds me of any previous Sauvage iteration in the first 10 minutes, will have to update as it develops, certainly one for the colder winter days and evenings. This small bottle should last a long time as it seems a little will go a long way.

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
Funny story when I tried it yesterday. The SA sprayed it on a card and then made me a sample to go. I placed the card in my front left pocket and went to a jewelry store in the mall to get something for my wife. While there, we're all masked and every time I adjusted my mask I kept catching whiffs of the jewelry SA's perfume. It smelled familiar and I was trying to figure out what it was. Towards the end, I was just about to ask her what she was wearing when I realized that it was my hand going into my pocket where the card was and then adjusting my mask and getting whiffs of my own hand. lol

It was so different already at that point versus when it was first sprayed on the card earlier.

d r e

Dec 24, 2018
Notes look great but the unanimous positive reviews have me a bit suspect. One of the few times a negative review would increase my appeal in a fragrance.

What are the most prominent notes?

Mikeaveli2682

Apr 18, 2018
Notes look great but the unanimous positive reviews have me a bit suspect. One of the few times a negative review would increase my appeal in a fragrance.

What are the most prominent notes?

If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn’t be surprised if the average consumer doesn’t like it as much as the original lol

Latest News