NEW Dior Sauvage Elixir

Mikeaveli2682

Apr 18, 2018
Saw this on Reddit. Can't confirm its authenticity but I thought I would share.. Even more expensive than the Parfum ($155 for 2 oz.). Looks like it should be out in the next month or so. I can hear people complaining about Dior's downfall already:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fragrance/comments/ogghh8/dior_sauvage_elixir/

Alleged description from Dior:

Elixir - spicy, fresh and woody notes

Sauvage Elixir is an extraordinarily concentrated fragrance steeped in the emblematic freshness of Sauvage with a heady heart of Spice, a "custom-composed" Lavender essence and a blend of sweet, smooth Woods forming the signature of its powerful, distinguished and captivating trail.

Francois Demachy, Dior Perfumer-Creator, created the Sauvage Elixir fragrance like a fine liqueur with exceptional ingredients. This concentration was made possible by the exceptional quality of the raw materials: Sauvage Elixir is a fragrance as unique and rare as a red moon in the night sky.

Sauvage Elixir concentrates all of its power in a midnight blue lacquered glass bottle in a unique* 60 ml size. This precious, vial-like bottle bears the marks of sophisticated design: the magical name of the fragrance is inscribed in shiny silver on a label engraved right into the glass. The dome-shaped bottom engraved with the CD logo marks its silhouette.

notspendingamillion

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 2, 2018
Was creating a post about this. Good info. Will probably be a darker sweeter worse version. Sweetening it up make it like everything else. We will see. Spice will probably be pink pepper, ugh. Please no.

Jul 7, 2012
extraordinarily concentrated

Yikes.

Sauvage is already a harsh chemical bomb. So, they asked themselves "Can we make it harsher, stronger, and more bombier?" I realize "bombier" isn't a word, but the sound of it makes me laugh whereas being downwind of anybody wearing this stuff would probably make me cry.

I'm ready for this harsh chemical bomb era to be over.

Mikeaveli2682

Apr 18, 2018
Yikes.

Sauvage is already a harsh chemical bomb. So, they asked themselves "Can we make it harsher, stronger, and more bombier?" I realize "bombier" isn't a word, but the sound of it makes me laugh whereas being downwind of anybody wearing this stuff would probably make me cry.

Here we go LOL

Last edited:

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Yikes.

The higher concentrations have gotten progressively smoother, richer, and sweeter (for better or worse), with the parfum having a pretty heavy slug of tonka in it. I don't think this "elixir" would deviate from that direction if sales are solid. It's mostly the EdT that has the bug spray effect from my experience.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Sounds very interesting. Thanks!

The Parfum is my favorite concentration so I’m hoping it goes further in that direction.

This is surely what he's thinking, but this could draw in people who were almost but not quite buyers on the parfum. That's where I'm at.

Here we go ��

Sauvage was pure provocation in fragrance! They poked us with the hot end first for a reason!

Redneck Perfumisto

Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
The higher concentrations have gotten progressively smoother, richer, and sweeter (for better or worse), with the parfum having a pretty heavy slug of tonka in it. I don't think this "elixir" would deviate from that direction if sales are solid. It's mostly the EdT that has the bug spray effect from my experience.

Exactly! That radiant chemical "quality" which I love/hate was reined in. I've been waiting for a concentration to love differently - this could be it!

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Yikes.

$155 for 2oz as a regular-line designer feels like their testing their luck with mainstream affluence as well.

I agree - not sure how it could get any stronger than the EdT without having people fainting in the streets. And the price is just eye-watering. Can't imagine how a designer can pull this off in a standard range. If it were an exclusive line, I could understand it to some extent.

Strangely I prefer the EdT over the other versions and enjoy the spiciness in general. I can't wear it myself due to the overload of ambroxan but it does smell fairly pleasant from further away.

Sometimes it comes off so strongly from very far away on others, that I wonder if people are wearing the EdT or the Cool Spray version. The latter seems to put out a whole cloud of the stuff.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
unknown.png

I would be interested in checking this elixir version out. I wasn't too impressed with "Parfum" anymore since almost every brand is pushing out a Parfum version. Elixir seems actually special.

Source: https://webcache.googleusercontent....notes+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=hk&client=safari

EJ4pWTb.jpeg

RW7mf8r.jpeg

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
the concentration is bothering me also. Do we have to store it carefully like High Level Waste?

I could smell if a colleague, who wears the original Edt, was in the building before me in the morning -- and we work on the 3rd floor!

Nastka

Mar 6, 2011
Strangely I prefer the EdT over the other versions and enjoy the spiciness in general. I can't wear it myself due to the overload of ambroxan but it does smell fairly pleasant from further away.

I get that with a lot of recent releases, including Sauvage. Smells nice from a far, but the closer you get the more harsh it becomes.

I gave away Mont Blanc Legend because it smelled like a chemical accident on me up close, whereas the silage of it on my boss was really nice.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
It's funny, I was at Nordstrom yesterday trading new release gossip with the SA there, and she told me there was a new Sauvage coming, and I was like "No, that isn't possible, there's already EdT, EdP, etc..." Guess I called that one wrong. "Elixir", who knew???

maxwell_

May 9, 2016
This is more expensive per ml than the Dior Prive line. I’m curious to try it but $155 is ridiculous.

And as for intensity I don’t think it’s necessarily going to be more intense, if anything the progressive concentrations have become smoother and sweeter and not louder and harsher

The Bark

Jan 24, 2003
The "blue" denotation for this fragrance is fitting: I have the EDP and wear it once in a blue moon. I smelled the parfum and thought "meh" for the price. The elixir would probably be "meh, squared." I prefer Bleu de Chanel stuff, but honestly, I guess this might answer "What do you get that person who has everything?"

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
This is more expensive per ml than the Dior Prive line. I’m curious to try it but $155 is ridiculous.

And as for intensity I don’t think it’s necessarily going to be more intense, if anything the progressive concentrations have become smoother and sweeter and not louder and harsher

Agree, it will have to be really special for me to drop that much on Sauvage the Parfum isn’t worth $150 imo my EDT does just fine for the $95 retail I paid less but still is fine as is in EDT concentration.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
I wonder if Chanel will follow suit. They followed the body spray idea, so might as well do an even more luxe version of Bleu de Chanel.

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
Very excited to try this, hopefully it stretches the DNA a bit more than the other flankers and with a name like that would make a lot of sense if they added a heap more sweetness, but then the French are not very good with indicative fragrance names. Something seems to get lost in translation :laugh:

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
Wearing EDT now to get psyched!

Same, got the parfum version on :laugh:. Love it or hate it, Sauvage now has a similar sales record to Fahrenheit and even the youngest among us have all been fortunate to see first-hand the development of a perfume icon. So it follows that the release of an elixir version is exciting news and this may well be the most collectible flanker of the lot.

Redneck Perfumisto

Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Same, got the parfum version on :laugh:. Love it or hate it, Sauvage now has a similar sales record to Fahrenheit and even the youngest among us have all been fortunate to see first-hand the development of a perfume icon. So it follows that the release of an elixir version is exciting news and this may well be the most collectible flanker of the lot.

The comparison to Fahrenheit really works in so many ways. The bold, aggressive style always struck me as similar. Fahrenheit Absolute really pushed it, and reaction to Sauvage seems similar.

Young_Fragger

Feb 27, 2021
I'm excited to sample it...

I never had (too much) of a problem with the scent. Synthetic? Yes. Does that automatically mean it's trash? Not in my book.

Plus, logic tells me that the higher the concentration is, the smoother and less harsh it'll most likely be, think Interlude 53 vs Normal Interlude, and see some people's experiences with the Parfum version earlier in the thread.

I, for one, am excited to try this out, I always avoided buying a bottle of Sauvage to avoid smelling like every other guy, but at the end of the day, this DNA just works for people, and I've had alot of people in my life ask me why I don't own any Sauvage and they always tell me how much they love it.

My friends like it, someone I'm interested in likes it, and I don't find it all that offensive a scent. I wear fragrance for myself above all, but this is a nice safe one. Always good to have some of those, and this is potentially a more quality version of that profile.

I won't get into the whole "buT iT'S not WOrTh thE PRice" aspect of it, since I really think any fragrance is worth whatever it is you're willing to pay for it if you like it, regardless of what the rest of the market looks like.

All I know is this... I see Sauvage in my future.

Latest News