New Dior Prive La Colle Noire for 2016

AntonPan

May 8, 2008
The fragrance done by Demachy is scheduled for May, 1 in Russia. The fragrance is a spicy-honeyed Demachy's view on rose enriched by santal and guiac wood.

20160408_130209.jpg

AntonPan

May 8, 2008
Black Glue? Am I translating right?

Either way - anything with gaiac wood is appealing to me!

That's the name of château where Dior lived. Seems they changed the rule of the names making in the direction of Chanel (historical moment of Dior's living).

editorinscent

Oct 3, 2007
Wasn't Eau Noire also inspired by this same house? I know this will be a totally different fragrance but... I hate they are reusing the same idea.

HackerX

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 21, 2004
I was not aware of that. I have a feeling though that, whatever this smells like, many would prefer if they just put Eau Noire back into production.

Wouldn't that be nice. Though I have doubts that Demachy's formulation would match FK's formulation.

Dane

Jan 9, 2002
Wouldn't that be nice. Though I have doubts that Demachy's formulation would match FK's formulation.

Eau Noire doesn't smell "french" enough for the line...it's not cohesive (even though they're still hawking the candle...but probably only until it sells out). The irony in my own statement is EN is clearly based on Caron Pour Un Homme, which is as "french" as they come. Immortelle though....maple-curry is not what I think of when thinking of french elegance.

HackerX

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 21, 2004
Eau Noire doesn't smell "french" enough for the line...it's not cohesive (even though they're still hawking the candle...but probably only until it sells out). The irony in my own statement is EN is clearly based on Caron Pour Un Homme, which is as "french" as they come. Immortelle though....maple-curry is not what I think of when thinking of french elegance.

And that's probably not far from the truth Dane, it just might have flopped in the line. But I really appreciate FK for stepping outside the box on this one. To me, it's a much more daring Caron Pour Un Homme and a much more modern Annick Goutal Sables, it actually hits all the right chords for me in terms of smell, uniqueness and performance. As a fragrance it might have flopped, but as a work of art it was certainly extraordinary.

AntonPan

May 8, 2008
Looking forward to trying this and more from the Prive line. Thanks for the info. May 1st in Russia means maybe towards the end of the summer for U.S.?
In Russia it is released one-in-one the same time as Feve last year. I admit the same strategy for the US. When did Feve appear in the States?

Last edited:

BoyChanel

Jun 18, 2014
My friend at Dior in Saks just sent me this. Sadly, I was just visiting him yesterday! He's sending me the mini though. Can't wait to smell it!

CgLLT8jWcAA4QkN.jpg

sdemi44

Feb 27, 2016
Please let us know if you like it; I'm excited. I will call the Dior boutique here in Vegas and see if it has arrived yet.

Last edited:

BoyChanel

Jun 18, 2014
My friend's initial impressions:

"ok. you definitely can smell the rose opening and as it dries down the sandalwood and musc base come out...

its not too floral.. The rose is delicate and a tad sweet. A very pretty scent.

it has musk yes, but its not musky. Almost powdery."

sdemi44

Feb 27, 2016
My friend's initial impressions:

"ok. you definitely can smell the rose opening and as it dries down the sandalwood and musc base come out...

its not too floral.. The rose is delicate and a tad sweet. A very pretty scent.

it has musk yes, but its not musky. Almost powdery."

I totally agree with the above assessment. I just picked mine up from the Dior boutique: it's certainly light and fresh, with a discernible rose note, not the masculine type found in Oud Ispahan but a dainty, feminine rose. It diminishes somewhat during the dry down but it remains throughout but to a lesser degree. The musk unfortunately is cloaked by the rose; this fragrance is decidedly feminine on my skin but this comes after sampling a half-dozen Amouage fragrances... I'm gonna give this one a few more wearings, but so far I am not enthralled.....

Dane

Jan 9, 2002
I tested this today at the Dior counter. If anyone in Canada is interested, it will be launched in May (allegedly).

Ok, this was such a letdown - a tarty fruity floral. Something you would expect in the Acqua Allegoria line. A tad peachy, a tad rosy, well blended to you can't distinguish any particular flower. YAWN.

From a collection that already has Grand Bal, a lovely jasmine, New Look 1947, a nice tuberose, and Milly la Foret, a nice new-age chypre, this is completely unnecessary.

The pink bottle reflects the juice at least this time. It also reminds me of something very much, but I can't place it (ideas anyone?)

ps - the guy at the dior counter thought Colle Noire translated to Mai Rose...poor thing.

Vinrambo09

Jan 14, 2010
I tested this too, its quite feminine and Dane pretty much explained it best a fruity floral in the vein of Guerlain's lighter floral scents.

CapriDog

Mar 1, 2012
I tested this today at the Dior counter. If anyone in Canada is interested, it will be launched in May (allegedly).

Ok, this was such a letdown - a tarty fruity floral. Something you would expect in the Acqua Allegoria line. A tad peachy, a tad rosy, well blended to you can't distinguish any particular flower. YAWN.

From a collection that already has Grand Bal, a lovely jasmine, New Look 1947, a nice tuberose, and Milly la Foret, a nice new-age chypre, this is completely unnecessary.

The pink bottle reflects the juice at least this time. It also reminds me of something very much, but I can't place it (ideas anyone?)

ps - the guy at the dior counter thought Colle Noire translated to Mai Rose...poor thing.

I tested this too, its quite feminine and Dane pretty much explained it best a fruity floral in the vein of Guerlain's lighter floral scents.

Does it smell old-school? For some reasons, Rose de Mai smells kinda retro to me.

Dandy Lion

Jun 23, 2015

when i saw the note structure on the Dior website, i kinda expected it to lean very much toward the feminine side...

Rose as top note? okay
Sandalwood as mid-note? okay
white musk as base note? nope... this is going to be a feminine fragrance.

(not that there's anything wrong with that! not at all...)

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
now Hednic, I'm someone who respects a man of few words. but in this case, i'm going to have to ask you to elaborate!!!
Can't add much more to what has already been mentioned. A light powdery fruity floral that surprisingly wears well on my skin, especially the dry down. Didn't find it feminine as others did. My favorite Prive? - No. Sorry I bought it? - No.

Latest News