NEW Dior Homme cologne 😳

Apr 28, 2020
So I was in the store today trying out the new dior homme sport 2021/ 2022 and suddenly the salesrep who I was discussing the homme line with said: you know I have the new DH cologne behind the counter which she is going to display in the store next week. I was like, huh? new DHC? I thought the new sport was Demachy's parting gift to us. She let me see the bottle and the bottle is renewed. It now has a white cube in it and the blue ring is gone. Then she let me smell the cologne..... At first sniff I assumed only the bottle has been renewed cause it smelled (to me) like the normal DHC. The sales rep said she DID smell a difference. We got the original and the new cologne and did the side by side comparison: and indeed, the new one smelled SLIGHTY different, but all in all, it is the same smell, just a bit fuller, less harsch in the opening. So its not a complete revamp like dior homme vs dior homme 2020 or dior homme sport vs dior homme sport 2021/22, but more like a new bottle and reformulation. I didnt read anything about this one online! I did however see on the dior site that the new style bottle was already being presented.
OW, The salesrep sent me off with 2 nice decants of the new dior homme sport AND the "new" Dior homme cologne. In going to try these this week.🤗🤗🤗😊

FragFrog

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 6, 2018
Thanks for the info.

I don't care for Dior Homme Cologne 2013.
Had a bottle and sold it eventually because I couldn't stand that piercing citrus note.
For me Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne is a much better fragrance.

If there's a new Dior Homme Cologne I will give it a try.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Thanks for the info.

I don't care for Dior Homme Cologne 2013.
Had a bottle and sold it eventually because I couldn't stand that piercing citrus note.
For me Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne is a much better fragrance.

If there's a new Dior Homme Cologne I will give it a try.
The Allure is the way to go for me too.

LightYagami

Basenotes Member
May 22, 2021
I have trouble following all the flankers given all the reformulations/remasters. What are the big differences between sport and cologne? Either worth a sniff? I rather enjoy the new Dior Homme despite the hate. I prefer Chanel but my wife has universally loved every men‘s Dior I’ve had her smell.

notspendingamillion

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 2, 2018
I've owned a couple bottles of DHC. I had one of the new ones,, say circa 2021, matching the new dior homme 2020 bottle. And I now have one of the ones with the small lettering on the white box as the iteration previous to that one. I detect differences here. The newer has a bit sharper citrus, which may just be due to freshness. The older one had a muskier base, with more legs for staying power. The newer one was like 4 hours on me, while the older one was about 6-8. Quite a large difference. The profile of the frag didn't seem much altered, and it did read as the same frag. Just a formula change, I'd assume. Haven't tried anything lately besides what I have here.

notspendingamillion

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 2, 2018
I have trouble following all the flankers given all the reformulations/remasters. What are the big differences between sport and cologne? Either worth a sniff? I rather enjoy the new Dior Homme despite the hate. I prefer Chanel but my wife has universally loved every men‘s Dior I’ve had her smell.
Yeaterdays sport is a dry frag, fairly boring and nondescript, meant to be bland, inoffensive, barely noticeable, and able to take extreme exertion without screaming. dhc is kinda like a summer iced lemonade fresh thing. Serves the purpose of a proper cologne.

New sport is a very very strong dry grapefruit chemical new age thing. I like it a lot. It has that chemical grapefruit from lb forever, but dials it back from 11 to 7, balancing it out. Then aromachemical stuff, bitter and unsweetened. It is fairly well balanced and blended, though a bit overpowered in the base. It will grate on people who do not like abstract smells that do not correspond to nature. It, chemically. Though it is more abrasive and scratchy, and not warm and woodyambery.

FragFrog

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 6, 2018
I've just seen Dior updated the picture of Dior Homme Cologne on their french website.

Please note that the formulation code is still the old one: #10711/A

So it seems there isn't an official reformulation.
But that doesn't mean that much as you know how it is with DHI and DHP pre 2020 vs current DHI and DHP.

Won't hurt to give it a try. :)

Apr 28, 2020
So it seems there isn't an official reformulation.
But that doesn't mean that much as you know how it is with DHI and DHP pre 2020 vs current DHI and DHP.

Exactly that! At first sniff I said to her, its the same smell, just a new bottle, but doing the side by side comparrisson, there was a SLIGHT difference.
But not as big a difference as DHI pre and post 2020 :mad:

jnsjns

Feb 3, 2022
Pretty sure by now that Kurkdjians first male Dior release will be a new Dior Homme Parfum in line with the new bottle design or a Dior Homme Elixir

Kurkdjian wont touch Sauvage, so it's basically a new male pillar or a flanker to the Dior Homme line.
Parfum is not available in the US and the last "big" DH in old bottles in Europe. Sauvage has Parfum and Elixir so I think it would be only logical to let Kurkdjian put out a sweet sillage monster in the DH line, doesnt matter if it's Parfum or Elixir in the end.

I'll probably get banned for that but to me Dior Homme Parfum smells quite dated by now, despite the quality being there in spades. If I had to bet I'd say it will be some sort of cross between DHI/DHP and Grand Soir or Gentle Fluidity Gold. Basically a version of DH that amps up the Vanilla that was so universally loved (and now missed) in DHI 2007.

LightYagami

Basenotes Member
May 22, 2021
Yeaterdays sport is a dry frag, fairly boring and nondescript, meant to be bland, inoffensive, barely noticeable, and able to take extreme exertion without screaming. dhc is kinda like a summer iced lemonade fresh thing. Serves the purpose of a proper cologne.

New sport is a very very strong dry grapefruit chemical new age thing. I like it a lot. It has that chemical grapefruit from lb forever, but dials it back from 11 to 7, balancing it out. Then aromachemical stuff, bitter and unsweetened. It is fairly well balanced and blended, though a bit overpowered in the base. It will grate on people who do not like abstract smells that do not correspond to nature. It, chemically. Though it is more abrasive and scratchy, and not warm and woodyambery.
Ty bro, I’ll check it out.

FragFrog

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 6, 2018
I'll probably get banned for that but to me Dior Homme Parfum smells quite dated by now

For me DHI (pre 2020) smells more dated than DHP (pre 2020).
DHI has more of that "lipstick" thing going on and probably goes more into that "grandmother's fragrance" direction than DHP, which is a bit more masculine with the darker notes and the leather.
DHP however was a bomb and I know many guys who wouldn't want to wear it because it's too strong for them. I can see that and it's certainly one of the fragrances I need to wash off when going to bed. :D

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
I just bought the new one online today (not from dior.com)although I won't be able to smell it until March. :(

GoldWineMemories

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 22, 2019
Pretty sure by now that Kurkdjians first male Dior release will be a new Dior Homme Parfum in line with the new bottle design or a Dior Homme Elixir

Kurkdjian wont touch Sauvage, so it's basically a new male pillar or a flanker to the Dior Homme line.
Parfum is not available in the US and the last "big" DH in old bottles in Europe. Sauvage has Parfum and Elixir so I think it would be only logical to let Kurkdjian put out a sweet sillage monster in the DH line, doesnt matter if it's Parfum or Elixir in the end.

I'll probably get banned for that but to me Dior Homme Parfum smells quite dated by now, despite the quality being there in spades. If I had to bet I'd say it will be some sort of cross between DHI/DHP and Grand Soir or Gentle Fluidity Gold. Basically a version of DH that amps up the Vanilla that was so universally loved (and now missed) in DHI 2007.
A Dior Homme Elixir could be orgasmic. Take the original, modernize it, make it deep like the Sauvage Elixir, and throw something special in there for good measure.

xaml

May 17, 2018
Kurkdjian (...)
Kurkuma and Dijon mustard walk into a bar under a rock and the bartender wondrously asks... oh my, how did I miss this?!

DHP however was a bomb and I know many guys who wouldn't want to wear it because it's too strong for them.
I will counter once again that the half hour to hour to generous one and a half hours of smooth leather followed by stages and hours of powderiness to inane linguistic exuberance equate not.

(...) less harsch (...)
Am liebsten wäre mir ja... LESS ARSCH. Okay. Okay. Soorry.

New sport is a very very strong dry grapefruit chemical new age thing. I like it a lot. (...)
Nottakingareviewofyoursintoconsiderationagain.

A Dior Homme Elixir could be orgasmic.
This place really, really, really is going down the f... toilet.

basicDave

Feb 7, 2014

I've been very curious and wondering what his first release is going to be. Interesting you think it will be an addition to the Homme line. I thought since FD established a new olfactory lineage with DH 2020 and DHS 20201, that FK probably wouldn't touch the Homme line first up. DH 2020 and DH 2021 are both pretty classically masculine notes-wise, and don't have any overt sweetness. To me FD has dominated and finished out the Sauvage line (his creation from start to finish) and the Homme line (he took it over, tweaked with reformulations, and recently took it in new-ish direction).

Since FK is supposed to be a big deal, I think he will either establish a new pillar fragrance to herald his reign, or release a Fahrenheit flanker since Fahrenheit is like the conceptual fragrance line and hasn't been getting much love lately. I hope there are new avant-garde fragrances released under Fahrenheit; that's what FD did with Fahrenheit 32 and Aqua Fahrenheit. I think Fahrenheit could mean anything as long as it has a new, engaging abstract opening (Fahrenheit OG = petrol, Fahrenheit Parfum = intense, fumy suede, Fahrenheit 32 = cooling floral blast, Aqua Fahrenheit = vegetal citrus water, etc.)

This could probably be a new thread, but it is interesting to think about where FK would start.

dougczar

Basenotes Institution
Mar 3, 2012
Does anyone have both versions? I know the bottle looks different with the new release at the top, but are there differences between the boxes where you can spot the new DHC from the old one?

Latest News