hednic

Oct 25, 2007
375x500.49041.jpg
375x500.49039.jpg
375x500.49037.jpg
375x500.49042.jpg
375x500.49038.jpg
375x500.49040.jpg

Bergamot & Musk by Cremo is a fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Bergamot & Musk was launched in late 2017. Top note is bergamot; middle note is exotic fruits; base notes are amber and musk.

Blue Cedar & Cypress by Cremo is a fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Blue Cedar & Cypress was launched in late 2017. Top note is lemon leaf; middle note is cypress; base note is cedar.

Bourbon & Oak by Cremo is a fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Bourbon & Oak was launched in late 2017. Top note is spicy notes; middle note is whiskey; base note is oak.

Leather & Oud by Cremo is a fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Leather & Oud was launched in late 2017. Top notes are bitter orange and saffron; middle notes are incense, leather and smoke; base note is agarwood (oud).

Silver Water & Birch by Cremo is a fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Silver Water & Birch was launched in late 2017. Top note is water notes; middle note is oakmoss; base notes are woody notes and birch.

Spice & Black Vanilla by Cremo is a fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Spice & Black Vanilla was launched in late 2017. Top note is cardamom; middle note is cashmere wood; base notes are bourbon vanilla and vetiver.

Last edited:

rickyv166

Sep 2, 2016
Anyone has tried these yet? I seen these at target.... Fragrantica there are no reviews

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Andrewthecologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2006
Any experience with them? Quality/longevity?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Though I have not tried the scents, I do know their shaving products are very nice. I have used them and will not hesitate to purchase again.

That said, I think the scents will probably be like other shave house scents: not really designed to be your go to scents, but rather a good accompaniment to the shave products and I think it is priced accordingly. I except a synthetic nose-catcher-on-initial-sniff with no longevity or sillage to speak of.

SharptoothC

Apr 22, 2017
Though I have not tried the scents, I do know their shaving products are very nice. I have used them and will not hesitate to purchase again.

That said, I think the scents will probably be like other shave house scents: not really designed to be your go to scents, but rather a good accompaniment to the shave products and I think it is priced accordingly. I except a synthetic nose-catcher-on-initial-sniff with no longevity or sillage to speak of.
I have experience with their shaving products, so I have hope that their fragrances may be acceptable as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

scentimus

Oct 7, 2000
I picked up a bottle of the Bourbon in Oak at Target last week for about 20 bucks. Longevity was pretty good and could smell it on my shirt the next day. My Target was limited on the edt selection but they had all the shower gels.

mrcologneguy

Jan 2, 2009
Picked up a bottle of Bourbon and Oak. For once, a boozy scent that is truly boozy. Maybe too much so for me. It smells a lot like spilled bourbon. Not really the most flattering aroma. Don't think I'll be wearing it to the office.

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010
I own the Blue Cedar and Cypress, and think it's ok. It does have something about it that annoys me. Kind of like this weirs sweet, almost powdery feel that doesn't belong in there imo. I have only worn it once though, so I might have it all wrong.

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010
Wearing Blue Cedar and Cypress today, I notice it to smell quite like the dry down of Creed Aventus, I'm getting a lot of birch wood. Anybody else who has tried this, get this as well? It's a pretty boring fragrance, the opening slightly sweeter, but not much cedar to me. I get a lot of cypress, and the smell of birch. Again very reminiscent of Aventus' dry down, so if you like that, you may wanna check this one out.

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
I tried Blue Cedar & Cypress, Bourbon & Oak and the one Walmart was selling around Xmas time, Reserve or something like that, I think.
They were all scrubbers for me, smelt cheap and synthetic. I recall Bourbon Oak at least having some pretense of character, while the other two were just a bunch of nondescript chemicals thrown in together. Even at discounted prices I wouldn't buy them, though the packaging was pretty nifty.

Tol58

Nov 26, 2018
Leather and oud is a cheapie sleeper for me... smells great and last a long time.... picked up bergamot and musk and silver water today but haven’t tried them yet

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
For some reason I keep getting ads for these colognes on my facebook. Well. I know why, I think. I was talking about Cremo moisturizer in another thread. Scary, huh. Damn big brother.
But anyway, I thought about buying a few of these during the Christmas shopping season, but never did. Kind of regretting it now.

El_Guapo

Dec 23, 2011
I quite like the Bourbon and Oak body wash. It’s got a nice woody base with bright and fresh top notes kinda like Gucci Rush for men combined fresh and woody (although this doesn’t smell anything like Rush). Makes my naughty bits smell nice. [emoji12]

Haven’t smelled the fragrance collection yet.

Snortch

Aug 4, 2019
I purchased the Spice and Black Vanilla and I love it. It’s definitely in between Spicebomb and Spicebomb Extreme. For $23 it’s worth every penny. I did a side by side tonight with Spicebomb and the Cremo smells very similar and it lasts longer. That’s the only one I have tried. It’s a hidden gem.

jkonick

Feb 16, 2019
Silver Water and Birch shower gel is pretty damn similar to Silver Mountain Water. Which isn't a bad thing...

+1 this - very similar scent. Haven't tried any of the EdTs though - can't seem to find them at any Targets. The Leather and Oud sounds intriguing.

Red Hawk

Dec 4, 2019
Cremo is a favorite cheapie brand of mine. They've released 12 different spray fragrances total, all marked as eau de toilette concentration. I have all of them except "Bourbon and Oak". They're part of of a minor trend of men's personal care brands releasing fragrances targeting the $20 price point and sold primarily at supermarkets and drugstores rather than through the typical perfume outlets and discounters. Others in this trend are Every Man Jack, Duke Cannon, and Target's Goodfellow brand, but I think Cremo is the best of the bunch! They get some attention in the community, but maybe not as much as they deserve. Some of the frags are fairly obvious clones of more well known designer or niche frags - they don't sell them as clones, but they don't try to hide what they're inspired by, either.

"Blue Cedar and Cypress." Notes of lemon leaf, cypress, and blue cedar. This seems to be a flagship of sorts for Cremo, as it was one of their original bodywash scents. And for good reason, it's a really appealing scent. The lemon leaf and cypress makes for a really nice, sharp green opening. The drydown maybe gets a bit less appealing, with a touch of a saliva vibe, but it's not enough to ruin the frag for me. It may smell a little artificial, but it's pulled compliments for me nonetheless.

"Bergamot and Musk." Notes of Sicilian bergamot, exotic fruits, and amber musk. This gets compared to Aventus. I don't have Aventus myself, have never sampled it, but I do have a couple frags reputed as Aventus clones, "Sophisticated and Aromatic" by Hawthorne and "Black Walnut Legend" by Banana Republic. Compared to those, I can definitely see how they all fall into the same fruity-musky sort of family. The quality of the Cremo frag falls way short by comparison, though. It's my least favorite of the line. It smells harsh, it smells artificial. "Sophisticated and Aromatic" by Hawthorne is basically four times the cost per ml of Cremo, but it smells so much smoother and higher quality that there is no situation I would opt for the Cremo over the Hawthorne. This was discontinued at one point, but brought back to be sold exclusively at Walmart.

"Silver Water and Birch." Notes of iced spring water accord, oakmoss, and sunwashed woods. The name says it all, this one gets compared to Creed "Silver Mountain Water", but maybe without the inky note. Again, never smelled SMW so I can't directly compare. What I can say is this is rather nice, rather light and fresh. It maybe has a bit of a Pledge spray cleaner vibe. Not enough to totally ruin the frag, but it's on the lower end of the Cremo line for me personally.

"Spice and Black Vanilla." Notes of kashmiri cardamom, cashmere woods, vanilla bourbon, and tobacco. Now this is the really good stuff. This is possibly the most hyped frag in Cremo's line, and for good reason. It gets compared to Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb Extreme". I've sampled Spicebomb Extreme and yes, it's very close. This is a favorite of mine, rich in spices and sweet yet dark vanilla. Really good performance too. A female friend of mine loves it. It's a killer frag for going out in cooler weather.

"Leather and Oud." Notes of bitter orange, saffron, Tuscan leather, incense, and agarwood. One of the notes should be a dead giveaway, this gets compared to Tom Ford "Tuscan Leather". Again, I haven't tried TL myself. This frag comes across really smoky, but in an oddly appealing way. Evokes the thought of walking into a bar full of guys wearing biker jackets and chomping on cigars. It's perhaps the most unique frag in Cremo's line, challenging to wear but I appreciate having it in the collection. At this price point I'm sure there's no real oud here, but I still have to respect them for trying to sell an oud-style fragrance at all. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this one's been discontinued.

"Reserve Blend"/"Distiller's Blend." Notes of Kentucky bourbon, smoked vetiver, and American oak. This one was originally sold as "Reserve Blend", discontinued, then brought back and renamed "Distiller's Blend". The notes may lead you to think that it's more smoky and woody, but it's really not. I would say it mainly focused on a sweet boozy spice and citrus freshness in the opening, with light green and woody touches as it dries down. Very smooth, very versatile, very easy to wear.

"Bourbon Vanilla." Notes of distiller's spice, bourbon, and oaked vanilla. That note breakdown may sound like it's redundant with Spice and Black Vanilla, but it's quite a different frag. It's boozier than S&BV, the spices are sharper and fresher. I'd say it's more versatile than S&BV, better for daytime use. This was released last year and is sold exclusively at Walmart.

"Iced Citron and Driftwood." Notes of iced citron, sea salt, and driftwood. This one gets described as having an "iced lemonade accord", and draws comparisons to frags like Dior Homme Cologne or Jimmy Choo Man Ice. I haven't tried those, but really, I don't get much of an iced lemonade feel from this one. I get the citrus, but I also get a good dose of musk. It's nice, but not one of my favorites. Released last year, also exclusive to Walmart.

"Palo Santo." Notes of cardamom, papyrus, and palo santo. A new release this year. Really dry, really papery, somewhat smoky, but still appealing. Has a unique vibe compared to the rest of the line. I find it rather similar to "Book" from Commodity.

"Citrus and Mint Leaf." Notes of mint leaf, citron, cedar, and moss. Another release this year, though they actually already made this as a body wash when they started out. Very bright, very fresh, sort of a round feeling. I saw a fragrance YTer compare it to Roja Parfum's "Elysium". I actually have a sample of Elysium, and I do see the similarity. That either reflects really well on Cremo or really poorly on Roja! Like Elysium, longevity is maybe rather weak. Still, it's very appealing to spray on a warm day. Might be a little redundant with "Iced Citron and Driftwood" though.

"Sandalwood and Suede." Notes of fig leaf, sandalwood, and suede. This is their latest release, sold exclusively at select Walmarts. I really love this one, it's actually my scent of the day as I make this post. You might think from the name it would be on the darker side, but it's really not. The fig leaf gives it a fruity touch that mixes with the creamy sandalwood for a bright opening. The suede grounds things a bit as it dries down, but it's a light suede and the frag stays rather bright throughout. Really appealing to wear on a bright spring day. Longevity is pretty good too.

So yeah, I definitely recommend Cremo as a cheapie brand. The frags smell really nice, much higher quality than the price might suggest. The presentation is ok, you can definitely tell they cut some corners. The atomizers can tend to be a little "sticky", in that it takes a little force to get them to spray. But they create a decent mist, and overall the frags are a favorite part of my collection.

dougczar

Mar 3, 2012
Cremo is a favorite cheapie brand of mine. They've released 12 different spray fragrances total, all marked as eau de toilette concentration. I have all of them except "Bourbon and Oak". They're part of of a minor trend of men's personal care brands releasing fragrances targeting the $20 price point and sold primarily at supermarkets and drugstores rather than through the typical perfume outlets and discounters. Others in this trend are Every Man Jack, Duke Cannon, and Target's Goodfellow brand, but I think Cremo is the best of the bunch! They get some attention in the community, but maybe not as much as they deserve. Some of the frags are fairly obvious clones of more well known designer or niche frags - they don't sell them as clones, but they don't try to hide what they're inspired by, either.

"Blue Cedar and Cypress." Notes of lemon leaf, cypress, and blue cedar. This seems to be a flagship of sorts for Cremo, as it was one of their original bodywash scents. And for good reason, it's a really appealing scent. The lemon leaf and cypress makes for a really nice, sharp green opening. The drydown maybe gets a bit less appealing, with a touch of a saliva vibe, but it's not enough to ruin the frag for me. It may smell a little artificial, but it's pulled compliments for me nonetheless.

"Bergamot and Musk." Notes of Sicilian bergamot, exotic fruits, and amber musk. This gets compared to Aventus. I don't have Aventus myself, have never sampled it, but I do have a couple frags reputed as Aventus clones, "Sophisticated and Aromatic" by Hawthorne and "Black Walnut Legend" by Banana Republic. Compared to those, I can definitely see how they all fall into the same fruity-musky sort of family. The quality of the Cremo frag falls way short by comparison, though. It's my least favorite of the line. It smells harsh, it smells artificial. "Sophisticated and Aromatic" by Hawthorne is basically four times the cost per ml of Cremo, but it smells so much smoother and higher quality that there is no situation I would opt for the Cremo over the Hawthorne. This was discontinued at one point, but brought back to be sold exclusively at Walmart.

"Silver Water and Birch." Notes of iced spring water accord, oakmoss, and sunwashed woods. The name says it all, this one gets compared to Creed "Silver Mountain Water", but maybe without the inky note. Again, never smelled SMW so I can't directly compare. What I can say is this is rather nice, rather light and fresh. It maybe has a bit of a Pledge spray cleaner vibe. Not enough to totally ruin the frag, but it's on the lower end of the Cremo line for me personally.

"Spice and Black Vanilla." Notes of kashmiri cardamom, cashmere woods, vanilla bourbon, and tobacco. Now this is the really good stuff. This is possibly the most hyped frag in Cremo's line, and for good reason. It gets compared to Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb Extreme". I've sampled Spicebomb Extreme and yes, it's very close. This is a favorite of mine, rich in spices and sweet yet dark vanilla. Really good performance too. A female friend of mine loves it. It's a killer frag for going out in cooler weather.

"Leather and Oud." Notes of bitter orange, saffron, Tuscan leather, incense, and agarwood. One of the notes should be a dead giveaway, this gets compared to Tom Ford "Tuscan Leather". Again, I haven't tried TL myself. This frag comes across really smoky, but in an oddly appealing way. Evokes the thought of walking into a bar full of guys wearing biker jackets and chomping on cigars. It's perhaps the most unique frag in Cremo's line, challenging to wear but I appreciate having it in the collection. At this price point I'm sure there's no real oud here, but I still have to respect them for trying to sell an oud-style fragrance at all. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this one's been discontinued.

"Reserve Blend"/"Distiller's Blend." Notes of Kentucky bourbon, smoked vetiver, and American oak. This one was originally sold as "Reserve Blend", discontinued, then brought back and renamed "Distiller's Blend". The notes may lead you to think that it's more smoky and woody, but it's really not. I would say it mainly focused on a sweet boozy spice and citrus freshness in the opening, with light green and woody touches as it dries down. Very smooth, very versatile, very easy to wear.

"Bourbon Vanilla." Notes of distiller's spice, bourbon, and oaked vanilla. That note breakdown may sound like it's redundant with Spice and Black Vanilla, but it's quite a different frag. It's boozier than S&BV, the spices are sharper and fresher. I'd say it's more versatile than S&BV, better for daytime use. This was released last year and is sold exclusively at Walmart.

"Iced Citron and Driftwood." Notes of iced citron, sea salt, and driftwood. This one gets described as having an "iced lemonade accord", and draws comparisons to frags like Dior Homme Cologne or Jimmy Choo Man Ice. I haven't tried those, but really, I don't get much of an iced lemonade feel from this one. I get the citrus, but I also get a good dose of musk. It's nice, but not one of my favorites. Released last year, also exclusive to Walmart.

"Palo Santo." Notes of cardamom, papyrus, and palo santo. A new release this year. Really dry, really papery, somewhat smoky, but still appealing. Has a unique vibe compared to the rest of the line. I find it rather similar to "Book" from Commodity.

"Citrus and Mint Leaf." Notes of mint leaf, citron, cedar, and moss. Another release this year, though they actually already made this as a body wash when they started out. Very bright, very fresh, sort of a round feeling. I saw a fragrance YTer compare it to Roja Parfum's "Elysium". I actually have a sample of Elysium, and I do see the similarity. That either reflects really well on Cremo or really poorly on Roja! Like Elysium, longevity is maybe rather weak. Still, it's very appealing to spray on a warm day. Might be a little redundant with "Iced Citron and Driftwood" though.

"Sandalwood and Suede." Notes of fig leaf, sandalwood, and suede. This is their latest release, sold exclusively at select Walmarts. I really love this one, it's actually my scent of the day as I make this post. You might think from the name it would be on the darker side, but it's really not. The fig leaf gives it a fruity touch that mixes with the creamy sandalwood for a bright opening. The suede grounds things a bit as it dries down, but it's a light suede and the frag stays rather bright throughout. Really appealing to wear on a bright spring day. Longevity is pretty good too.

So yeah, I definitely recommend Cremo as a cheapie brand. The frags smell really nice, much higher quality than the price might suggest. The presentation is ok, you can definitely tell they cut some corners. The atomizers can tend to be a little "sticky", in that it takes a little force to get them to spray. But they create a decent mist, and overall the frags are a favorite part of my collection.

Nice write up. I use a few different Cremo body washes, and look forward to trying some of these fragrances.

Red Hawk

Dec 4, 2019
Cremo often runs 10-15% discounts on their website cremocompany.com. Right now there's a 15% discount code "NEWSITE15". It's free shipping for orders over $50, so if you haven't tried their fragrances you can order like three at a decent discount. Of the fragrances they sell on the site I would first recommend "Spice & Black Vanilla", "Blue Cedar & Cypress", and "Silver Water & Birch". (I've worn that last one a bunch over the summer and it's really grown on me, got me compliments too).

Red Hawk

Dec 4, 2019
I know for one, their soaps are hot garbage. Hard water, soft water, they hardly suds up and the scent is gone in about the time it takes you to dry off.

I'll admit that it takes a fair amount of their body wash to get a good lather. But it smells really nice, and if I want the scent to last longer then I'll, you know, spray on the matching EDT. And their shave creams are awesome IMHO.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
I just bought some beard oil, "Cedar Forest Blend." At first I was put off by it. I think I had "Special Reserve" or something, which I was used to. This Cedar Forest Blend isn't like a normal fragrance. It's literally the smell of a pine forest. Not the car freshener type of pine either. I...I like it.

I'm gonna grab some of their shower gels tomorrow. And then a blind buy on one of the colognes. The Blue Cedar Citrus one smells good, though I'm hesitant about the "saliva" note. The Bourbon & Oak is extremely boozy but I kinda like it, and different from what I normally wear.

Red Hawk

Dec 4, 2019
I just bought some beard oil, "Cedar Forest Blend." At first I was put off by it. I think I had "Special Reserve" or something, which I was used to. This Cedar Forest Blend isn't like a normal fragrance. It's literally the smell of a pine forest. Not the car freshener type of pine either. I...I like it.

I'm gonna grab some of their shower gels tomorrow. And then a blind buy on one of the colognes. The Blue Cedar Citrus one smells good, though I'm hesitant about the "saliva" note. The Bourbon & Oak is extremely boozy but I kinda like it, and different from what I normally wear.

Yeah I don't know what it is about that "saliva" note in the Blue Cedar & Cypress fragrance, that's the only way I know to describe it. Overall it's a nice scent, and it's gotten me compliments, but when I smell the drydown up close I do get a scent of something that reminds me of saliva. I think it is a result of the fragrance being cheap and chemical-y. But if you want a decent cheapie I still recommend it because of its overall appeal and compliment factor.

If you want something a little more unconventional and "niche", the most interesting fragrance Cremo has to offer (besides "Leather and Oud", which is discontinued) is probably "Palo Santo". Like I mentioned, the "papyrus" accord has a similar feeling to Commodity Book, but smokier due to the palo santo.

I have a bunch of the beard oils too. The "Cedar Forest" oil just uses straight cedarwood and spruce oils to get the fragrance, with the result of getting your beard to smell like a Christmas tree. Which, you know, sometimes can be nice! But it's not a very complex scent or anything. Their other beard oils use more developed fragrances.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
Palo Santo is a dupe of Santal 33, right? I'd rather buy the original if it's an outright clone. I had a female cousin who wore it. A very bold scent that skews to the masculine side.

That said, I test drove the Blue Cedar & Cypress as a body wash. Nice, but either it's that saliva note or something that gives it a slight old school dirty vibe is what's preventing me from buying the EDT. A very nice, original scent, but not what I'm looking for these days.

Bourbon & Oak is very much like a designer fragrance, and apparently it's a clone of Caroline Herrera CH Prive. Too heavy for me, but as a body wash, it's very invigorating.

The Silver Water one gave me Creed vibes. While it's a great scent, probably up there with AdG as far as fresh and crowd pleasers go, I just can't get into it.

Distillers Reserve is like a short of liquor.

I'm thinking I'm going to stick with just the beard oils and body washes. The Cedar Forest, Distiller's Reserve, and potentially the Palo Santo seem like great "wake-me-ups" for my morning routine.

d r e

Dec 24, 2018
Cremo Cooling Shave Cream is really nice stuff. Very minimal irritation even with multiple passes against the grain, close shave, good post shave feel. Rarely feel like I need aftershave with this, the mint & tea tree seem antibacterial enough

I haven't tried the Body Washes or Colognes yet, but from the bottles Sage & Citrus, Palo Santo, and a few others smell pretty good.

How long does the Body Wash scent last post shower?

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
Cremo Cooling Shave Cream is really nice stuff. Very minimal irritation even with multiple passes against the grain, close shave, good post shave feel. Rarely feel like I need aftershave with this, the mint & tea tree seem antibacterial enough

I haven't tried the Body Washes or Colognes yet, but from the bottles Sage & Citrus, Palo Santo, and a few others smell pretty good.

How long does the Body Wash scent last post shower?

I really like the shower gels. The Silver Water and Birch is very Silver Mountain Water like, and goes well if you're wearing that scent. Maybe enhances scent a wee bit.

I wouldn't say the shower gels have much in the way of longevity. Or if any, the kind only someone really, really close (intimate) will notice.

But for me they lather great, leave me feeling very fresh and scrubbed.

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
Distillers Reserve is like a short of liquor.

I haven't had a chance to try the Distiller's Blend spray cologne, but I did smell the body wash. I got a blast of alcohol straight off the top. Not like a cheap perfume with poor blending and higher than usual alcohol content (this is a body wash, after all), but like when you get the whiff from a glass of whiskey or scotch. It made me pause and think if I wanted to smell like that in the office or while driving.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
How long should a quality shower gel last on your skin once out the shower? I honestly don't know. The only shower gel that has insane staying power is my Gucci Guilty Absolute gel. That stuff is almost like wearing an EDC.

Barbosol and Dove for Men seem to be gone after 5 minutes, if that. In spite of that, I like the Cremo brand as the scent does actually seem to evolve while you're showing. That's pretty cool.

And yeah, that Distiller's Reserve is somewhat questionable. I was thinking the same thing if I wore it to work. I'm looking at the website and yes, it's an EDT. I might buy it just for the novelty of it.

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
How long should a quality shower gel last on your skin once out the shower? I honestly don't know. The only shower gel that has insane staying power is my Gucci Guilty Absolute gel. That stuff is almost like wearing an EDC.

Barbosol and Dove for Men seem to be gone after 5 minutes, if that. In spite of that, I like the Cremo brand as the scent does actually seem to evolve while you're showing. That's pretty cool.

And yeah, that Distiller's Reserve is somewhat questionable. I was thinking the same thing if I wore it to work. I'm looking at the website and yes, it's an EDT. I might buy it just for the novelty of it.

I think they last longer than we think, but it's very easy to become blind to it. An intimate partner would be best judge of it's lasting ability.

I don't think many last and "project" in a way we expect from an EdT.

I am convinced some of them do add a bit to extending a scent. I have a Malle Musc Ravageur Shower Cream which I am convinced supplements the EdP wearing.

Latest News