New: CDG x ERL "Sunscreen"

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
There's a new Comme des Garcons collaboration fragrance with the very new (and groan inducing) brand ERL. Notes actually sound pretty good.

More info here.

"ERL Sunscreen perfectly evokes the fleeting memory of a nostalgic Summer. Feelings of the warm West coast sun against salty skin transform into cool splashes of ocean water and chlorine suspended in the air. The scent of Venice Beach, California.

The clear rounded glass bottle features elusive branding that continuously wraps around all edges, seemingly never ending.

ERL Sunscreen is also offered in a laser cut protective foam case that floats in water.

Ingredients
Top Notes: Bergamot Oil, Solar Accord
Middle Notes: Lily of the valley, Heliotrope, Peach
Dry Down Notes: Musk, Cedarwood Oil, Coconut Accord"

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
Interesting. I believe Arquiste just did a niche "sunscreen" fragrance collaboration as well. Coincidence?

deadidol

Basenotes Plus
Jan 19, 2013
Does anyone have this yet? Any thoughts?

I tried it at DSM the other day. It smells exactly like you'd expect it to: it's that beachy, sun-tan lotion scent that's been done several times before. It leans more coconut than tropical/floral, I find. There's no aesthetic counterpoint or interesting twist to it; it's quite literal. That said, it manages to aerate what is often a cloying, suffocating genre. It wears fairly light, doesn't hold up particularly well, but it's not unsophisticated or trashy. In fact, I'd likely wear it if I owned a bottle. It's not something I'd buy, though, as I already own a couple of scents that do similar things (CBIHP's At the Beach / Serge's Datura Noir).

Gail Elliott

Sep 24, 2017
I tried it at DSM the other day. It smells exactly like you'd expect it to: it's that beachy, sun-tan lotion scent that's been done several times before. It leans more coconut than tropical/floral, I find. There's no aesthetic counterpoint or interesting twist to it; it's quite literal. That said, it manages to aerate what is often a cloying, suffocating genre. It wears fairly light, doesn't hold up particularly well, but it's not unsophisticated or trashy. In fact, I'd likely wear it if I owned a bottle. It's not something I'd buy, though, as I already own a couple of scents that do similar things (CBIHP's At the Beach / Serge's Datura Noir).

Thank you. Much appreciated.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
This used to be such a novelty type of scent, now I feel like there are 20 different type of scents like this.

Tbh none of the newer ones is as good as the original Azuree Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent by Estee Lauder (that later on EL re-branded into Bronze Goddess).

thebeck

Mar 25, 2007
I'm a sucker for a good suntan lotion scent. Always need to sample.
Luckyscent just got it in, so I ordered a sample.

Latest News