NEW Armani Acqua di Gio Eau de Parfum

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
It's already available for purchase on the German Armanibeauty website.
I'm curious too but as I didn't like their newest Code EdP I'm not sure if I should blindbuy the new AdG EdP.

I've translated the text on the German website for you:

"What if freshness lasted forever with the new ACQUA DI GIÒ EAU DE
PERFUME Flacon, all sizes are refillable. This new Eau de Parfum has a
powerful sea freshness, in which innovative sea notes meet natural
green tangerine, aromatic essences and a woody-mineral base note. The Infinite
Power of the sea captured in a new, innovative refillable bottle."

[...]

"The legendary bottle of ACQUA DI GIÒ is reworked for the Eau de Parfum with noble, masculine lines and made of transparent, heavy glass. Masculine, essential, elegant. A dark wooden cap sits enthroned on the bottle, evoking the balance between architecture and nature of the design. This precious, refillable bottle has been designed with sustainability in mind: each size of ACQUA DI GIÒ EAU DE PARFUM - 40ml, 75ml or 125ml - has been designed to be unscrewed and refilled at home, with a 150ml refill bottle sold separately."

Here's their official promotion video:

So it lasts forever - if you buy a new refill every few months. :LOL:

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
was not Profondo just a recent launch

Since the well earned success of AdG Profumo they release a flanker every year.
So yes it's time for an EdP now. :D

"Profondo" was more the "blue" flanker of the line, a bit of those "showergel" vibes like found in the YSL Y line mixed with the OG AdG.

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
its-going-too-fast-man-i-cant-keep-up-preacher-lawson.gif

Suppressor

Dec 7, 2006
I own Essenza, Profumo and Absolu.

So I hope it's not good.

I really hope this is not an improved version of Essenza...
I have a weakspot for these ADG flankers.

Jul 7, 2012
I can’t help but feel pessimistic about this one. Been let down by too many AdG flankers to get excited about another one.

Yep. "Mineral notes" usually means "we didn't even try to hide the harsh synthetics in the base." It's a shame. I'd love to see Armani release a fresh update on AdG that isn't just aroma chemical du jour.

Migun

Feb 13, 2021
At several European Armany beauty websites (not in the UK site though) it's on sale for a week now, it's already in shops in some stores in Spain. Last week I asked in a Sephora in Portugal and they said last week of January or first of February.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
I was in the local store which stocks Armani fragrances yesterday here in Germany.
They don't have it yet.
It's also currently not listed on the biggest online fragrance shops' websites.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
To the very curious ones here - I've just found a honest review in English:

He likes it, but prefers the OG AdG EdT smellwise.
And he's a bit disappointed because the longevity, projection and sillage are a bit lacking.
He says it feels more like an Eau de Cologne.

Maybe it would help if he gives his bottle a bit time?
But I doubt that a fragrance which is almost gone after 4 hours will become a beast mode fragrance then.

Andrés Perfume-Man also did a review in Spanish - you could use the Youtube translate function which works quite well.
He prefers Essenza and the OG over the new EdP and gives the latter a tie to Profumo and Profondo.

So all in all it seems to be a solid release but probably not one which knocks your socks off.

Sloth

Jan 11, 2019
Seems a pointless release to be honest?
It doesn’t seem to be significantly different to the OG regarding smell…
It doesn’t seem to have improved performance….
So WHY?

They had an opportunity to deliver a beast mode version of the OG, which many have craved and which would have sold like crazy…they blew it.

I’ll pass.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Has it been confirmed somewhere that Profumo is discontinued?

Some say yes, some say no.
Depends on the person you ask.

The 40 ml seems to be discontinued, it's gone from the official Armani website in Germany for months and shops can't order it anymore.
The 125 ml is scarce and prices went up. Same for the 180 ml bottle.
The 75 ml still seems to be widely available and that's the only one you currently can order from Armani direct here in Germany.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
It would be nice if they would give us something daring and stands out from what’s currently out there. Everyone can only buy so much of the same stuff before enough is enough and it’s just temporary retail shelf space that gets overlooked.

Latest News