Need help on this bottle of VCA pour homme

Sep 11, 2021
I believe the bottle in this pic is the original first version. It's used and the seller says it weighs 260gms (the bottle is not transparent so it's hard to estimate the fluid). The price is 250 dollars. Is it worth it?

20210921135823.jpg

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I believe the bottle in this pic is the original first version. It's used and the seller says it weighs 260gms (the bottle is not transparent so it's hard to estimate the fluid). The price is 250 dollars. Is it worth it?

View attachment 161791

The bottle has the 85% vol on the front which is a indicator of a bottle from the 1980s or early 90s.

Does it come with a box? Is there additional pictures of the bottle?

Sep 11, 2021
My question is whether 250 bucks is reasonable for a vintage bottle that is about 80% full? I'm not familiar with the market, hence the question. I really like VCA PH but dont see myself going crazy over it as I do Givenchy Gentleman. If the price is reasonable then I'll get it.

relus

Mar 21, 2019
Im not sure if this is the original bottle. Anyway, i own 2 later editions, imo 250 euros is absurd. Bit indeed, in the end its a personal choice.

Jan1510

May 25, 2020
I bought a full 100 ml with box from a 1998 batch a few months ago off eBay for $190 which I am very happy with. I do see another seller in California has an unused 100 ml EDT & 100 ml Aftershave set listed for $179.50 which is the best value for money item I could find on eBay. It is also from the Adipar period 1995 to 1999, just like mine.

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
The bottle has the 85% vol on the front which is a indicator of a bottle from the 1980s or early 90s.

Do you happen to know, where a bottle with no concentration on it dates? I have two vintage minis, one of which reads 85% on the front, while the other one only displays the fragrance's name. They smell quite similar but the bottle with no concentration looks older (more worn in appearance).

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Do you happen to know, where a bottle with no concentration on it dates? I have two vintage minis, one of which reads 85% on the front, while the other one only displays the fragrance's name. They smell quite similar but the bottle with no concentration looks older (more worn in appearance).

Do you have a picture of both minis to show?

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Sure!

I just realized there's no "pour Homme" on the other bottle either. I've assumed it's the older one and have been using it for that reason. It smells wonderful!

View attachment 161849
I wonder if the bottle without the pour homme was the earliest design of the release. This ad was from 1979:
uo_1499043860-658-5.jpg

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
Looking closer at the lettering on the bottles, I see the letters on the ad bottle and the left bottle in the pic are thicker font and spaced closer together, while the right bottles lettering are a little bit slimmer and spaced a little more apart. I think the left bottle is older, based on that. Another example is Versace L'Homme where the 2nd version bottle and current bottle at first glance look the same, but looking closer you see the letters on 2nd version are a little thicker and spaced closer together. Good to know when someone tries selling you a current bottle in a vintage box.
I don't know how much these things mean, but it's those kind of things I can obsess about, LOL[emoji23][emoji23]

Latest News