Need help in choosing a daily work beater.

Torik

Basenotes Member
May 24, 2020
Good time of day to everyone)
I need your advice on which of these fragrances would be better for work (office setting, specifically- for a school teacher)
I'm looking at
1. Armani code eau de parfum (2021 release)
2. Rochas l'homme 2020 (blue bottle)
3. Prada luna rossa sport
4. Prada luna rossa carbon
5. Karl lagerfeld bois de vetiver
I would also appreciate any suggestions from you.
(By the way, tried Acqua di gio profumo in the past, so it's not an option anymore)
Thank you in advance)

Torik

Basenotes Member
May 24, 2020
Thank you)
I'm going to our local sephora tomorrow. Will check carbon and some chanels.

Torik

Basenotes Member
May 24, 2020
By the way, is Rochas l'homme 2020 that bad? No one's said a thing about it)
I mean is it more like an evening scent or...?
Could someone comment on this please?

Maxtesti

Feb 18, 2018
I've only tried Prada luna rossa carbon and is a very good choice. Easy to wear and pleasant to most people.

My choice would be "MFK Gentle Fluidity Silver" if you want to take it to the next level and smell amazing.

speckmann0706

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 8, 2017
Prada Luna Rossa Carbon

Adding these:

Hermès Terre D’Hermes EDT
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Profondo
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
Versace Pour Homme
Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017
Azzaro Pour Homme
Guerlain Homme L’Eau Boisee
Guerlain Homme Eau De Parfum
Costume National Homme

Salvatore Ferragamo F Pour Homme Black - this one is a gem $25 for 100ml and smells excellent year round nice spicy lavender my favorite cheapie alongside Azzaro Pour Homme.

Torik

Basenotes Member
May 24, 2020
Good time of day, friends)
Having smelt many different fragrances in 5 days, I can say for sure that I like scents like Armani code eau de parfum and Prada luna rossa (I mean lavender and so on). Armani is more appealing to me, as It's fresher and I work at school. The question is- will it be fresh enough for "office" and could you maybe recommend a fresher alternative?
Thanks in advance

ImaFedec

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 12, 2019
The question is- will it be fresh enough for "office" and could you maybe recommend a fresher alternative?
I think it is suitable for office, although I wouldn't categorise it as fresh. If you want a fresher alternative, but stay in the same woody-citrus vibe, you should try Terre d'Hermes (a great classic) and Montblanc Explorer

JakeStiebs

Smell Good, Feel Good
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2010
From your list, I would go with the Prada Carbon!

Suggesting some other work beaters:
Duke Cannon, any in the lineup that suit you.
Mary Kay High Intensity (my go to work beater)

slpfrsly

Physician, heal thyself
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Having smelt many different fragrances in 5 days, I can say for sure that I like scents like Armani code eau de parfum and Prada luna rossa (I mean lavender and so on). Armani is more appealing to me, as It's fresher and I work at school. The question is- will it be fresh enough for "office" and could you maybe recommend a fresher alternative?
Thanks in advance
Yes, I would think you would be better off with something less sweet/fresher.

You might want to try Dunhill Icon (the one with the cylindrical silver bottle). Or maybe something like Mugler Cologne.

Torik

Basenotes Member
May 24, 2020
Hello, guys)
I tried Carolina herrera 212 men (silverish tin bottle with magnetic cap) and I really liked it. It's fresh and light and it's longevity is pretty good. What do you say? Will it be alright to wear it on a daily basis for a 41 year old teacher?)
I'm new to this hobby like I said earlier, hence the question);
I will be grateful for any comments

Torik

Basenotes Member
May 24, 2020
Good time of day, guys)
There are no comments on carolina herrera 212 men being suitable or not suitable for office, so I guess it's not)
But it's actually pretty fresh. I ordered a sample of prada carbon,we'll see.
Can you say anything about Carven Pour Homme?
Has anyone tried it?

freewheelingvagabond

Basenotes Institution
Jun 10, 2012
Good time of day, guys)
There are no comments on carolina herrera 212 men being suitable or not suitable for office, so I guess it's not)
But it's actually pretty fresh. I ordered a sample of prada carbon,we'll see.
Can you say anything about Carven Pour Homme?
Has anyone tried it?
212 Men will be fine, as will be Carven Pour Homme.
I haven't tried Rochas L'Homme or Luna Rossa Carbon.
I am a fan of Armani Code series, particularly the original EdT which is fresher than Code EdP. You might want to try that one if you want something similar to Code EdP but fresher. It lasts just as long in my experience (my bottle is recent).

If you want some other suggestions outside your list then I would say Chanel Egoiste or Tom Ford Grey Vetiver would be excellent choices. If you want something fresh then vetivers are good choices such as Tom Ford, Guerlain.

Torik

Basenotes Member
May 24, 2020
Thank you very much)
I've totally forgotten about the original Armani code), I will try it tomorrow.
As toTom Ford Grey vetiver...
Sorry to admit it, but it's a little too expensive for me, honestly. And guerlain I couldn't find anywhere
May be you happen to be familiar with some other vetivers that are more popular, I mean that are sold everywhere and that are not very expensive?

Torik

Basenotes Member
May 24, 2020
Good time of day, guys
Just tested Azzaro chrome and Carolina herrera 212 men..
Both seem very good.
Which , in your opinion, would be better for a work environment? ( teacher at school)

Torik

Basenotes Member
May 24, 2020
Good time of day, guys)
I promise, this is the last one)
Between Dylan Blue Versace and Carolina herrera 212 NYC, which one would you recommend for daily usage, just to smell good?)
Need advice asap
Thanks in advance

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Good time of day, guys)
I promise, this is the last one)
Between Dylan Blue Versace and Carolina herrera 212 NYC, which one would you recommend for daily usage, just to smell good?)
Need advice asap
Thanks in advance
Go with the former.

Torik

Basenotes Member
May 24, 2020
So I got a bottle of Versace dylan blue and I like it very much). Got a lot of compliments, It's fresh and very good for warm weather.
However, I got a sample of Le male by jpg and I also like it, because it has that barbershop vibe and it's a little sweet and it's getting cold where I live.
Between these two , which is better for office/school environment?
I mean, those of you with more experience, does it matter if your fragrance is a little too sweet? Should it always be fresh?
I know the question might sound a bit naive, but it's important to me, as I've not used a lot of fragrances before and I'm going back to work in a couple of days.

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .