Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitman

Jan 28, 2015
Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time. Mention the date with you post please to keep it sync. :)

For me, today (14th Apr 2015) I got chance to try:

Le Labo - Iris 39
Le Labo - Tubereuse 40 (New York)

Thanks,

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
April 14

Serge Lutens L'Incendiaire.

Smells like money. Burnt money, to be precise.

Last edited:

hitman

Jan 28, 2015
would be great if you guys mention your feedback/impression in a single line for the tested fragrances.

HackerX

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 21, 2004
April 13th

Roja Dove Diaghilev

This one has classic Guerlain DNA written all over it which was expected, but it really blew me away.

del

Dec 23, 2011
January 30, 2015 - Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur (tea obviously)
February 28, 2015 - Mr. Blass by Bill Blass (old school)
March 5, 2015 - Cereus pour Homme No. 4 by Cereus (fruity and fresh)
April 6, 2015 - A*Men Ultra Zest by Thierry Mugler (some orange, some A*Men, some Pure Malt)
April 13, 2015 - Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum by Chanel (a smoother version of the EDT)

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Any thoughts on this fragrance? Recommendations please?
Just sprayed it on the back of my hand. Will wear it later today as my SOTE and will have a better take. For now I can say It's lemony, a little sweet and not tangy maybe due to the influence of the floral heart. Still haven't figured out what the dry down smells like. I find it pleasant. Have to see how long it lasts.

saminlondon

Aug 25, 2011
14 April 2015 - Jarling, from a sample pass kindly organized by cacio.
Smells like mentholated Play-Doh. The JAR perfumes are fascinating, but this is not one I could wear ...

xoxoMyke

May 1, 2014
April 12th

Kouros - I was disappointed. I was hoping for a sweaty, body odor-like fragrance. Instead, I got an animal musky urinal-cake floral fragrance.

G.303

Apr 21, 2003
Last Friday I smelled Joop Homme Wild!!! I liked this very much and will consider making a purchase in the future!!!

Kagey

Jan 2, 2011
April 11:

Anima Dulcis by Arquiste: Reminded me a lot of Rochas Femme, and then a really boring drydown.

Boutonniere by Arquiste: Good gardenia that lasts the life of the fragrance but gets a bit plasticky at one point.

editorinscent

Oct 3, 2007
Satuday, April 11 - Lalique Encre Noire

What a great vetiver. I love it's minimalistic approach, just a touch of smoke and woods, no top notes to speak of. Lovely, discrete, and masculine.

tensor9

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 18, 2014
April 13th: Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu
For a patchouli fragrance, it is good, but I just don't think I would ever wear it.

Hawky454

Oct 25, 2014
Monday 4-13-2015 Neroli Portofino. I'm glad it was just 25ml decant because I think it's a little redundant to buy this if you already have Original Vetiver. They smell very similar to my nose.

remik

Nov 1, 2012
Monday 4-13-2015 Neroli Portofino. I'm glad it was just 25ml decant because I think it's a little redundant to buy this if you already have Original Vetiver. They smell very similar to my nose.

AMPUTATE YOUR NOSE, stat!!! [emoji12]

These two are quite different, to my nose... Yes, both are great on hot summer days, but they are vastly different compositions.

Hawky454

Oct 25, 2014

These two are quite different, to my nose... Yes, both are great on hot summer days, but they are vastly different compositions.

Lol. I sprayed them on last night and was amazed at how similar they smell. I didn't even think about it until about an hour after I put NP on. I kept thinking, "man, I have something that smells exactly like this" but I couldn't put my finger on it until I read about the Mugler comparisons and since Mugler and OS are commonly compared, I decided to spray it on. The openings are different but man, that dry down....I dunno, I'll give it another shot.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
As far as sprayed on... Musc Ravageur - Bottle arrived today. Yep, I blind buy! I really like this one!

Black Afgano - From a sample. It maybe doesn't seem to be as 'abstract'/'strange'/'unusual' as I was expecting or whatever. I like it, :).

Got samples of Portrait of a Lady, Nio, Lovely Day, Duro and Black Afgano for 'free' with the order.

The Nio maybe leaked before it got to me; I smelled it without spraying it? :p. Though, I'll probably spray it on me eventually.

I'm also waiting on an order for Portrait of a Lady and Black Afgano (and probably 'free' samples! ;)).

Last edited:

Selly0301

Apr 6, 2015
Tuesday, April 14th

Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady - Nice but overrated IMHO
Bond No 9 Signature - I am a fan!
Byredo Oud Mortel - I can appreciate this but not my cup of tea

Selly0301

Apr 6, 2015

Funny! I find them both nice but totally different as well.

Mark_Trail

Apr 21, 2014
April 15

Genghis Khan - 1st wear of this blind buy. Pleasing patchouli, hints of dark chocklate sweets filled with alhocol soaked cherrys in the opening. Gives Mazzolari Lui kinda vibe to me. but in a much more refined manner and without the manure

-Mark

Akahina

Jun 9, 2011
Phoenicia Realoud Feral! I have wanted this now unavailable scent for a while and when a basenoter had one for sale, I jumped at the chance.

hitman

Jan 28, 2015
Today 19Apr2015
The Different Company - Oud Shamash : Its a bit dark and obviously, "oud-ish" fragrance. I can smell the spices also and a bit of woody herbal type of vibe. Like it.

santos89

Sep 9, 2011
Thierry Mugler - A*Men Ultra Zest: Very nice. Differs nicely from ICE*Men, and is a better fresh version of the A*Men theme. Doubt I'll be buying it though.
Creed - Green Irish Tweed: I have actually found a Creed that I like. This very good. I get the association with Cool Water, but it also reminds me of another fresh fragrance.. Perhaps Boucheron Pour Homme? I am a bit unsure right now, but I will probably be seeking out a bottle at some point.

But the star of what I tried yesterday was without a doubt Tom Ford Noir Extreme. Damn this is good. I get why this is critisized, as it is a semi-gourmand, but it has this quality and richness to it, that I like. It smells great. I have just ordered a bottle of this.

Kagey

Jan 2, 2011
April 16: Mendittorosa South: Smells like a weaker version of La Fin du Monde by Etat Libre d'Orange. Flinty iris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News