Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time. (Feminine fragrances edition!)

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
The Vagabond Prince - Swan Princess

Not sure why this one is rated not so good online.

A very mild sweetness, a smooth feel to it overall but it has some kind of 'peppery' or 'prickly' effect as well (at least in opening).

Almost reminds me of candy. I like this, I think I'm going to hang onto the sample for further testing..

puXlrSY.png

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Amouage - Dia Woman

Now, I know all fragrances are technically unisex and anyone can where anything. But I also notice overwhelming cliches, so to speak, in ones marketed to women - a TON of them have a similar DNA or style that's easily identifiable as 'feminine'. This is one of them.
It's not bad at all, no no, it's actually pretty nice - but it's not something I could really pull off, lol. It kind of feels like a... white floral, soapy, clean feminine smell. I have to look at some note stuff. Overall, so far, not bad at all - pretty nice, but not my style; definitely 'feminine'.

Nj4aCPt.png

My husband wears this and it smells great on him. :)

zerofox

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 31, 2020
I’m doing the thing where little spots of perfume are on different arms because I’m overly excited about the Bortnikoff that arrived today. Coup de Foudre on the right. Chypre du Nord on the left. Kagiroi on my pillow.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum

Ah yes, the legendary Chanel No. 5.

I've probably smelled/worn this before, but just didn't log. I'm kind of surprised, but also disappointed for another reason.

I'm surprised because this isn't as bad as I remembered/expected; it's got a soapiness to it, the aldehydes, maybe some spice, and it actually isn't that bad.

The bad is a little after applying I'm getting some kind of weird smell.. it smells like if you spit in a cup, left it for hours, then came back to it and smelled that (don't ask me how I know).

I like the L'Eau I tried recently better.

Edit: Okay, this drydown later on is much better. None of that old saliva smell, it has a banana-esque smell to it, softer, and dare I say even more youthful. Interesting. Then again I'm wearing 3 scents right now so smelling one or more might alter the smell of another to me (my perception of it), hah. But yeah, this really isn't bad. I can see 25 year old women rocking this.

VBZi1BJ.png

Last edited:

zerofox

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 31, 2020
Bentley “Beyond the Collection” Mellow Heliotrope. I tried this along with Bentley Radiant Osmanthus. Mellow Heliotrope is much sweeter, I detect the praline note in the base coming through from the start. Like a very dialed down (read: sane) take on Shaghaf Oud’s praline.

Schubertian

Apr 8, 2021
Ormonde Jayne - Nawabh of Oudh.
Soft, a little powdery, spicy, rosey, woody. Airy. Fuzzy. This is what I get from most OJ perfumes.
It's nice, and objectively well done - but I much prefer Tsarina.

Latest News