Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time. (Feminine fragrances edition!)

Kotori

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant

Pretty much immediately like this one better than Stash, haha. Smells way different up close than in the air! Up close it smells more feminine, cinnamon-y, and even fruity?

In the air it smells more balmy, meshed together, and calming. I get the comparison to Arabie, but not quite - they're still quite a bit different.

UzmK8lb.png

I feel like this one is the apex of its genre- a genre that includes such greats as Opium and Dioressence. Jungle is just completely all-in on that, and I love it.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Charriol Infinite Celtic EdT for Women. (Side note, first day back with internet! The Texas weather and ensuing 'chaos' really sucked. Water is turned off, had to shower at relatives' place!)

I like this one immediately. The little card it has says pear -> violet -> patchouli. I think of strawberry instead, but I get the violet.

It does have a kind of shampoo-y vibe, but it's in the background a bit. Very easy to like, modern, yummy. It's not heavy, it's not too sweet, but it's not light either.

It does remind me of something else, but I'm not quite sure what. I want to say Sì Passione, but I'm unsure!

Either way - solid perfume so far. :)

T1asWmV.png

I feel like this one is the apex of its genre- a genre that includes such greats as Opium and Dioressence. Jungle is just completely all-in on that, and I love it.

Ooh, thank you for the info!

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
Cartier Baiser Vole:

A very fresh, pretty lily opening: quite green like a florist's shop, a little salty/hammy. However powder soons joins and the lily becomes much more subtle; for me it doesn't carry through enough. The drydown is a soft powdery floral that for me lacks interest and further on it smells more like laundry musk. Longevity is short - a couple hours at most. This one will be a pass for me. I like the opening, but that's it unfortunately.

c0rtland

Dec 26, 2018
Bentley Exotic Musk. much stronger than I had feared. Very Beautiful Musk for a great price when discounted.

bois sushi impériale . hello cinnamon!

I find all of these to be very nice blin:thumbsup:d buys.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Jean-Louis Scherrer - Scherrer 2

Oooh, not bad at all! A bit old-school, but not all vintage.

This reminds me of... Balenciaga Pour Homme-lite, plus plum, and some white floral that may trick my nose into thinking aldehydes.
Pretty fruity for this type of fragrance.

Edit: Whoa - soon after the opening, it gets a more honeyed take on it? I like this!

JQgc2dp.png

Mona Visa

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 23, 2014
I received two new fragrances in the mail today. Tiny perfume miniatures. I collect them. These ones were on sale, so that's fun too,

IN my left hand I hold---- Deep Euphoria by Calvin Klein. I like Euphoria, and I love the color of this bottle.

IN my right hand I hold--- The One by the gruesome twosome, Dolce & Gabbana. The bottle is bland. (Step up your game, boys! I thought you were, like, I dunno, designers or something.)

So I have just chosen Deep Euphoria.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
M. Micallef - Pure Extreme

Very pleasant, and it pretty strongly reminds me of a 90's shampoo smell - but like a pleasant shampoo that I was quite familiar with when I was a kid and such. With some softness & sweetness holding it as well.

Rose is dominant, which is massively giving the shampoo vibe to me. It's not a wet rose maybe, not a dark/gothic rose, not a jammy rose - I'm not sure how to describe it besides a more realistic rose/shampoo rose, lol.

Pleasant, but not quite my taste, and a bit too 'simple' in this style. I'd never have guessed it's M. Micallef, I probably wouldn't thought something more like... Marc Jacobs or something.

7c1FVAU.png

khanada

Mar 3, 2020
Tom Ford Metallique. Been looking forward to this one for a while. It reminds me of a funky, futuristic take on the original Halston, with its banana ylang chypre accord. I might have to have some more of this.
26159254-6677.jpg

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Stella EDT by Stella McCartney, received this as a birthday gift. It has some of the Stella EDP DNA but it's modern, fun and flirty with a fresh grapefruit top note. I like the amber note better in this EDT version to the original EDP as it's more just a straight amber than the woody amber note which sometimes smells unpleasant and too synthetic on my skin. It's easy to wear but has enough going on to hold my interest, will happily wear this fragrance gift and have it in my current perfume wardrobe.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Almost a week ago manged to first sample Kiwi Kiss by Yves Rocher and bought a bottle on the spot without second thoughts.
In spite if its name, this one is far less fruity, sweet than expected and far more a sharp, zesty, bracing citrus (rather than kiwi) fruit and incense-like resinous wood base type of scent, quite reasonably priced as well.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Emanueal Ungaro for Her-following the very luxurious, sensual and statement making style of Opium as berry/red fruits spicy Oriental just short of an identical carbon copy, it is nice and achieving a quality level well above its inexpensive price tag, but other than that adding very little for anyone already owning and loving regular YSL Opium plus flankers

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Ivoire de Balmain

Spicy, but not too heavy. The projection/sillage is way softer, and more floral. It might remind me a bit of.... Diaghilev and maybe Paloma Picasso? But lighter.

Not bad, but really not my style. Might make me somewhat think of women I encountered as a child back in the 90's (like Aunts, family friends, etc.).

zWU8n8z.png

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
Ambre A Levres by NEZ. Arrived as part of my LuckyScent order.

Was looking for another 'makeup scent' and Ambre A Levres is quite good in that department.

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 8.56.44 PM.jpg

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Ajmal - Shine

The opening was a little harsh/cheap smelling, BUT soon after it gets better. This is pretty nice, if not 'typical'/expected/generic in a sense.

Surprisingly yeah, this might actually smell like Xerjoff La Capitale, if I'm not mistaken, lol. At least in the opening?

Sweet, semi-powder, bit warm, caramel? I don't get strawberry from this necessarily, but I guess I understand the perfume context of 'strawberry'.

It's really not bad at all; and I did like a partial spray from a sample... how strong is this stuff? Haha

OL17qoG.png

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Also adding l'Occitane en Provence Osmanthus:

a smooth osmanthus fragrance with almost unisex potential.

And while perhaps not the iconic nor outstanding osmanthus even in this price category, still among the silkiest, inoffensive and versatile while also good performance choices readily available nowadays.

starace

Jan 11, 2009
Today sniffing and wearing Lanvin Arpège for the first time. Yesterday, bought and wore Shalimar EdC for the first time (I have and love the EdP. ) All modern-the Arpège from 2014, the Shalimar EdC, its last formula code 03799m, either from 2008 or 2018 (I do not know if Guerlain still produces them, but they should, IMO.)

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Bouquet d'Oro by l'Erbolario- a nearly too unilaterally sweet floral, although even its notes on the sweeter side are not unpleasant and rather well lasting along with finely crafted

Bouquet d'Argento by l'Erbolario- a significant improvement to the previous one, with green fougere notes that manage to remain quite unisex rather than brashly masculine in a too abrasive, bracing, chillingly icy, sharp and/or astringent way, adding a certain credible mossy-earthy smoothness to an already well nuanced yet also inoffensive composition

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Hope Fragrances - Hope Sport

A light overall feel. Slightly refreshing, but more of a... lotion-lite with cucumber type of smell. I suppose that lily of the valley is a prominent smell in this?

It's not bad, just not that captivating or interesting. Background scent.

U6CJvL2.png

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Chanel - No 5 L'Eau

I actually quite like this. You can tell it's feminine, BUT it has -something- about it that makes me lean toward unisex a good bit. From memory the regular No 5 is NOT my thing and is -too- much. Have a sample that arrived today, so I'll try/re-try the regular No 5 EdP.

This is a bit fresh, pseudo-powdery (so far), bit of citrus, some sweetness, reminds me of bananas for some reason. I like it!

3MPGCNw.png

Jackseabrise

Jun 27, 2021
Vilhelm Perfumerie Room Service, a very lovely bouquet floral that I could barely detect, and MMM Replica At The Barber's, which smells just as if I've poured liquid Tide on my arm.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
ILikePeeps, I really enjoy No. 5 L'Eau as well. More wearable and just easier than No. 5.

Today I'm wearing a sample of Nicolai's Le Temps d'Une Fête and really enjoying it, though I'm having trouble picking out notes on this one.

FVZvpGzbH49O4HZv.jpg

Nice, it's definitely fresher and easier to wear than the regular No. 5 for me, in my experience so far!

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Amouage - Dia Woman

Now, I know all fragrances are technically unisex and anyone can where anything. But I also notice overwhelming cliches, so to speak, in ones marketed to women - a TON of them have a similar DNA or style that's easily identifiable as 'feminine'. This is one of them.
It's not bad at all, no no, it's actually pretty nice - but it's not something I could really pull off, lol. It kind of feels like a... white floral, soapy, clean feminine smell. I have to look at some note stuff. Overall, so far, not bad at all - pretty nice, but not my style; definitely 'feminine'.

Nj4aCPt.png

Schubertian

Apr 8, 2021
375x500.37670.jpg
Taklamakan - Stephane Humbert Lucas. Not sure if this counts as "feminine" (it's unisex to me). I like! Vanilla, but not too sweet. A bit woody, a bit resiny. To test more for sure.

375x500.41476.jpg
Follow - Kerosene. Yikes... I am a coffee aficionado. The smell of coffee beans is one of my favourite smells in the world, but in perfume... apparently, nauseating. A scrubber, this.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Amouage - Love Mimosa

Mmm, not bad at all! Got a bit of a connection to Ray-Flection (mimosa!).

This one has a bit of a green apple shampoo/body wash type of smell as well, and I briefly thought I caught something almost like... gardenia? A kind of chalky/creamy white floral. This reminds me a bit of the candied banana Runts candies.

Not really for me, but it's nice!

vma1Yk9.png

Latest News