My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I particularly like the one in the upper right corner of box 5. I have a penchant for square and rectangular watches.
Depending on the size of one's wrist, not all people can pull off that shape well. Luckily for me, even though my wrist is on the smaller side, I can get away with it.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Yes, that one is quite nice and also not surprised at all that it has gone up in value. I just wish for myself that I liked titanium as a watch band metal, but unfortunately I don't.

Any reason in particular that you don't like titanium watch bands?

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Any reason in particular that you don't like titanium watch bands?
Because they look very cheap to me. Although I know that they are more expensive and durable than stainless steel, less corrosive and hypoallergenic, when I purchase a five or six figure watch with a metal band, whether it be for daily wear or investment, the entire watch, case and band if metal, must be precious metal, solid 18K or Platinum.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Because they look very cheap to me. Although I know that they are more expensive and durable than stainless steel, less corrosive and hypoallergenic, when I purchase a five or six figure watch with a metal band, whether it be for daily wear or investment, the entire watch, case and band if metal, must be precious metal, solid 18K or Platinum.
Well, if you're spending that much, you shouldn't compromise.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001

I don't like titanium, either. It's more about the weight, or lack thereof. It freaks me out a bit.

MisterK

Dec 22, 2003
Impressive! Which do you wear most often? I'm afraid I have nowhere as excellent a collection as yours. (My everyday beater is a Marathon Medium Diver Quartz - I'm a sucker for tritium though lately its been the '57 Speedmaster)

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Impressive! Which do you wear most often? I'm afraid I have nowhere as excellent a collection as yours. (My everyday beater is a Marathon Medium Diver Quartz - I'm a sucker for tritium though lately its been the '57 Speedmaster)
Thank you very much. I tend to vary them. Since I have been retired, I find that I only seem to wear them for social outings with my wife, family or business associates, or the occasional executive corporate board meeting.

Last edited:

Latest News