My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Such a beautiful collection, curated with care. I love nice watches almost as much as I like perfume. :)

Edit: I just read your About Me tab, fascinating life journey! I studied linguistics as well and follow Imoca 60 yacht racing. Excited for the Vendée Globe next year!

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Such a beautiful collection, curated with care. I love nice watches almost as much as I like perfume. :)

Edit: I just read your About Me tab, fascinating life journey! I studied linguistics as well and follow Imoca 60 yacht racing. Excited for the Vendée Globe next year!
Thank you for your kind remarks. :smiley:

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Really lovely collection. Just watch out, I'm going to post my comic book collection next.

The Chaumet is very intriguing... What does it do exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you for your kind words. I think you're referring to the one in the watch winder. The bottom window shows the minutes and when it reaches 60, the hour in the top window jumps to the next hour.

JJMAN

Sep 22, 2013
I was, and still am literally drooling going from pic to pic. My word man kudos to you and your fabulous collection. Not to mention. The time it took to display, photograph and explain! You truly are top notch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I was, and still am literally drooling going from pic to pic. My word man kudos to you and your fabulous collection. Not to mention. The time it took to display, photograph and explain! You truly are top notch.

Thank you very much for your kind comments. :smiley:

JJMAN

Sep 22, 2013
Hednic,

Have you heard of this new watch company that broke records for Kickstarter? They're called Filippo Loreti. I wanted to get your take on them. They have some nice looking watches at a really decent price. I figured with your knowledge of time pieces you may have heard of them.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Hednic,

Have you heard of this new watch company that broke records for Kickstarter? They're called Filippo Loreti. I wanted to get your take on them. They have some nice looking watches at a really decent price. I figured with your knowledge of time pieces you may have heard of them.

Unfortunately not familiar with this brand, so can't really comment on that. Sorry.

Last edited:

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Those are mostly brands I haven't heard of. The leather straps look great. I like the simpler, more minimalist round faces such as the Longines Classic Quartz.

swangner

Apr 1, 2019
Very nice collection, with some classic looks in there. I've always favored the less complicated classic looks myself. I think I'm going to have to check out some of these!

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Very nice collection, with some classic looks in there. I've always favored the less complicated classic looks myself. I think I'm going to have to check out some of these!
Thank you for your kind comment. :smiley:

Last edited:

Norstrøm

Mar 25, 2011
When I saw the thread title and OP, I played a little game with myself, trying to predict the brands and styles the watches would be of, and I was not far off point.

Classic, classy and nothing too flashy or garish. No huge and trendy Panerais, no faces where the maker tried to cram as many tourbillons in as possible, instead what I see and feel is just pure class.

If anyone had shown me just the pictures and told me to guess the BN'er, I would probably think "That's hednic's collection", and I think that says a lot.

Thank you for letting us see these beautiful timepieces and thank you for your contributions to the community.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
When I saw the thread title and OP, I played a little game with myself, trying to predict the brands and styles the watches would be of, and I was not far off point.

Classic, classy and nothing too flashy or garish. No huge and trendy Panerais, no faces where the maker tried to cram as many tourbillons in as possible, instead what I see and feel is just pure class.

If anyone had shown me just the pictures and told me to guess the BN'er, I would probably think "That's hednic's collection", and I think that says a lot.

Thank you for letting us see these beautiful timepieces and thank you for your contributions to the community.
Thank you very much for your kind words. :smiley:

Last edited:

Calico3777

Banned
May 29, 2019
What a wonderful watch collection you have! I especially like your Patek Golden Ellipse and Piaget Tanagra. I can just imagine what your investment watches must look like. I am a beginning collector myself and just starting to appreciate fine timepieces. Thank you for sharing these.

Mr. Prince

Apr 15, 2019
Wonderful, impressive collection. Watches are so interesting, and an essential item of every gentleman. Inspirational to the younger members such as myself. Thank you for sharing.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
What a wonderful watch collection you have! I especially like your Patek Golden Ellipse and Piaget Tanagra. I can just imagine what your investment watches must look like. I am a beginning collector myself and just starting to appreciate fine timepieces. Thank you for sharing these.
You're quite welcome and thank you for your kind words. :smiley: Do you happen to own a Patek or Piaget at this time?

Wonderful, impressive collection. Watches are so interesting, and an essential item of every gentleman. Inspirational to the younger members such as myself. Thank you for sharing.
I thank you for your remarks. :smiley:

Last edited:

Calico3777

Banned
May 29, 2019
Do you happen to own a Patek or Piaget at this time?
Unfortunately Pateks and Piagets are out of my price range, but my parents presented me with a beautiful Piaget Polo (a bit different model than your rectangular one) as a graduation gift when I finished university. By the way, I also wanted to ask you because you would probably know if this is true or not about the Golden Ellipse dial. I had heard or maybe I had read somewhere that the blue dial is actually "blue gold" What can you tell me about that if you know? Thanks.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Unfortunately Pateks and Piagets are out of my price range, but my parents presented me with a beautiful Piaget Polo (a bit different model than your rectangular one) as a graduation gift when I finished university. By the way, I also wanted to ask you because you would probably know if this is true or not about the Golden Ellipse dial. I had heard or maybe I had read somewhere that the blue dial is actually "blue gold" What can you tell me about that if you know? Thanks.
Yes that's actually true and not many people know that about that model. Patek Philippe holds the international patent for creating the "blue gold" dial which they first came out with in the late 60s. The way that it was explained to me at the Patek museum in Switzerland was that the dial starts out as an 18K yellow gold dial and then by a special chemical process which is only known within the company, cobalt vapor is vacuumed on to the dial which changes the color of the gold from yellow to a deep blue. It's really amazing to think they could do that. By the way, does your Piaget Polo given to you by your parents, look anything like the watch below?

PIT20874_1_enlarged.jpg

Last edited:

Calico3777

Banned
May 29, 2019
Yes that's actually true and not many people know that about that model. Patek Philippe holds the international patent for creating the "blue gold" dial which they first came out with in the late 60s. The way that it was explained to me at the Patek museum in Switzerland was that the dial starts out as an 18K yellow gold dial and then by a special chemical process which is only known within the company, cobalt vapor is vacuumed on to the dial which changes the color of the gold from yellow to a deep blue. It's really amazing to think they could do that. By the way, does your Piaget Polo given to you by your parents, look anything like the watch below?
Thanks for confirming what I had heard. That is truly fascinating! As for the image you posted above, yes that's the one. The dial on mine is a little different, but the case is the same. What do you think of it? Also, I'd love to know more about your investment timepieces. If you are willing, can you share some of the makes of your investment grade watches? Thanks.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Thanks for confirming what I had heard. That is truly fascinating! As for the image you posted above, yes that's the one. The dial on mine is a little different, but the case is the same. What do you think of it? Also, I'd love to know more about your investment timepieces. If you are willing, can you share some of the makes of your investment grade watches? Thanks.
I think your Piaget Polo is a very classy watch and your parents have excellent taste. What I can share with you about my investment timepieces is that almost all are tourbillons or grand complications by Patek Phillipe, Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piguet, Breguet, Cartier, Blancpain, Piaget and Girard Perregaux, and my most prized one is an extremely limited Patek complicated tourbillon that took years in the factory to craft and then deliver. There you have it. :smiley: I'd love to hear a bit more of what you currently have if you are so inclined.

Mr. Prince

Apr 15, 2019
I think your Piaget Polo is a very classy watch and your parents have excellent taste. What I can share with you about my investment timepieces is that almost all are tourbillons or grand complications by Patek Phillipe, Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piguet, Breguet, Cartier, Blancpain, Piaget and Girard Perregaux, and my most prized one is an extremely limited Patek complicated tourbillon that took years in the factory to craft and then deliver. There you have it. :smiley: I'd love to hear a bit more of what you currently have if you are so inclined.

That is a beyond-stunning collection.

Nastka

Mar 6, 2011
[...]and my most prized one is an extremely limited Patek complicated tourbillon that took years in the factory to craft and then deliver.

This reminds me of a video that Patek Philippe made about the manufacture of the Grandmaster Chime. I can't find it on their website anymore, but it's here on Youtube. A must see for any watch affectionados, in a resolution as high as possible:

Calico3777

Banned
May 29, 2019
That's very nice of you to say. Your watches sound simply amazing! I currently have a Tag Link Quartz, Franck Muller Cintree Curvex, and have my eye on a Quinting since I recently got a promotion at my job. Are you familiar with Quinting?

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
That's very nice of you to say. Your watches sound simply amazing! I currently have a Tag Link Quartz, Franck Muller Cintree Curvex, and have my eye on a Quinting since I recently got a promotion at my job. Are you familiar with Quinting?
Very much so. I remember when they first came out with their transparent design. Which model do you have your eye on? By the way, your Muller sounds wonderful! :smiley:

This reminds me of a video that Patek Philippe made about the manufacture of the Grandmaster Chime. I can't find it on their website anymore, but it's here on Youtube. A must see for any watch affectionados, in a resolution as high as possible:

Great video. Had seen that one before. Their workmanship is stunning and unsurpassed.

Last edited:

Mr. Prince

Apr 15, 2019

Fascinating.

Latest posts

Latest News