pkiler

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Last edited:

Con-Li

Basenotes Member
Sep 16, 2016
Great! It'll be a while before I'm dabbling in this stuff but a fascinating read nonetheless.

pkiler

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Oh, I am reminded that Chris Bartlett's evaluative comments were part of some of the comments clipped for some entries in the compendium document.

HLBS.88

Basenotes Member
Jan 1, 2023

David Ruskin

Basenotes Institution
May 28, 2009
Paul, don't you think this should go in the Single Note Forum, or as a stickie at the beginning of the DIY Forum? It is a valuable source of information that shouldn't be lost.

pkiler

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Paul, don't you think this should go in the Single Note Forum, or as a stickie at the beginning of the DIY Forum? It is a valuable source of information that shouldn't be lost.
Maybe yes to both... It was made before the single notes forum existed, I think. I'll put it there now, thanks for the reminder.
But I have no control over stickies though, or much else here.

Also, after reviewing the document just now, it seems like some updating is in order, before posting to the Single note forum.
Will try to get to that this week.

Thioacetone

Sep 7, 2022
Such a comprehensive list.
I am thinking of making a single molecule amber perfume similar to Molecule 02, but using something other than Ambroxan. I am doing this because people for some reason seem to like buying single molecule perfumes, I am lazy, it is easy, and takes 5 seconds to make. Paul what do you think would be a good molecule?

I don't have lots of those things in your database, but I can add it to my next order.
I am thinking Grisalva, as I have some of it on hand. I love Grisalva. I would wear that.
I guess I will experiment with concentration. Maybe start with 5%?
I shall name my perfume Molecule G.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...