Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
My Musk Monday Morning scent is the underappreciated Sean John by Sean John.

Sean_John_Sean_John_1_oz.jpeg

This one (done by Harry Fremont, btw) has a "funky" musk accord which makes the fragrance mildly annoying at first, but very quickly turns fascinating. I can't prove this, but I suspect that Diddy was taking a clue from Tom Ford Noir here (even the box). Sean John very similarly uses a touch of skanky off-notes to create a fascinating, complex, "dark" fragrance, but this one has much more freshness and a mineral accord coming out of the darkness, which I enjoy. That part reminds me a bit of Rocawear Evolution. Overall, it makes me want to wear Noir again.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
As a pre-sync Creed Cypres Musc
375x500.8890.jpg

Pheusinger

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 20, 2019
Gold Man - Amouage

This one was just like Jicky for me. The first time i smelled it I thought three things at the same time. W, T, and F.

Both are very animalic and floral and both run contrary to most of the things I had smelled up to that point.

Gold is complex and very unisex. I encourage everyone to try it but discourage anyone from blind buying. I have a decant right now but this will be one of my next 2 full bottles from Amouage.

Aug 26, 2022
I’ll sync with Francesca Bianchi Unspoken Musk.
How is this one? I bought The Lovers Tale recently and have ptsd from how strong it is. It’s a gorgeous scent but I’m worried I’ll never need more than a sample vial of FB fragrances because of how nuclear they all are.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...