Mugler Les Exceptions Discussion Thread

HFMIII

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 29, 2016
I've started collecting this line recently and I'm curious about BNer thoughts on the Les Exceptions line from Mugler.

So far I have Hot Cologne, Mystic Aromatic, and Woodissime that I have tried and Ambre Redoutable / Naughty Fruity that I've yet to open.

All of them that I have worn so far are nice although I'd say my favorite up to this point is Woodissime.

What are your favorites? Which do you dislike? Discuss :)

HFMIII

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 29, 2016
Cuir Impertinent is my favourite. Definitely one to check out, no-brainer if you are a collector. Fougere Furieuse is nice, too.
Haven't found any that I dislike, though some are forgettable.

I agree with you, so far I like everything I've tried from the line, and Cuir Impertinent is my favorite. I need to find Fougere Furieuse, of the remaining four I don't have this one sounds the most interesting to me.

Love the line and happen to have all 14 releases.

I don't have:

Fougere Furieuse
Fantasquatic
Wonder Bouquet
Supra Floral

As I said above FF interests me, I'm just not so enthusiastic about the remaining three, I would imagine the two floral fragrances would be for my wife, but is there anything about them that sets them above other floral fragrances in the genre? I'm also feeling the same way about Fantasquatic, is it just another aquatic or is there something about it which elevates it and makes it worth grabbing?

I thought this line was discontinued? I have Oriental Express and Wonder Bouquet.

They are discontinued, Loreal is clearing them out at the moment. What do you think of Wonder Bouquet?

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
I would imagine the two floral fragrances would be for my wife, but is there anything about them that sets them above other floral fragrances in the genre? I'm also feeling the same way about Fantasquatic, is it just another aquatic or is there something about it which elevates it and makes it worth grabbing?
They're all distinct to me in their respective genres and all unsisex.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
I agree with you, so far I like everything I've tried from the line, and Cuir Impertinent is my favorite. I need to find Fougere Furieuse, of the remaining four I don't have this one sounds the most interesting to me.

I don't have:

Fougere Furieuse
Fantasquatic
Wonder Bouquet
Supra Floral

As I said above FF interests me, I'm just not so enthusiastic about the remaining three, I would imagine the two floral fragrances would be for my wife, but is there anything about them that sets them above other floral fragrances in the genre? I'm also feeling the same way about Fantasquatic, is it just another aquatic or is there something about it which elevates it and makes it worth grabbing?

They are discontinued, Loreal is clearing them out at the moment. What do you think of Wonder Bouquet?

Is the whole line discontinued or only selected scents?

HFMIII

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 29, 2016
Is the whole line discontinued or only selected scents?

From what I heard, the whole line was being phased out. Which is a shame as I think there are a few underrated gems in the collection.

I own Hot Cologne and Over the Musk - great musk with deceiving decent performance. I did end up selling Cuir Impertinent recently.

Did you sell it on the bay? 😁

I also really like Over the Musk, I haven't worn it myself but my wife has a few times. I feel like it's one of the best, if not the best, I have smelled in the category. It is very deceiving in projection and longevity, which I find adds a sort of mystery to it. Another one that I also really like from the line that has this sort of performance is Chyprissime, you think it's all but gone, but then occasionally you get a blast as if you just applied the fragrance.

deltasun

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 12, 2017
From what I heard, the whole line was being phased out. Which is a shame as I think there are a few underrated gems in the collection.

Did you sell it on the bay? 😁

I also really like Over the Musk, I haven't worn it myself but my wife has a few times. I feel like it's one of the best, if not the best, I have smelled in the category. It is very deceiving in projection and longevity, which I find adds a sort of mystery to it. Another one that I also really like from the line that has this sort of performance is Chyprissime, you think it's all but gone, but then occasionally you get a blast as if you just applied the fragrance.
Nah, I don't sell on the bay. Might have been here, but can't remember now. lol Anyway, I do want to try Chyprissime and Woodisime, perhaps the Fougere one.

Latest News