Most worn in October 2021

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
3 x Dojima, Royal Egyptian Amber & Honeysuckle, DK Gold, Samsara & Honey Coconut

2 x Bronze Goddess, lndia Cafe, Stash & Ghost

1 x Ashoka, Manipur, Passage d'Enfer, Angels' Share, Alien, Sikkim Girls, Cadjmere 18, Tiptoeing Through Chambers of the Moon, Flame & Fortune, Chergui, Sheer Obsession, Au Coeur du Desert, Tyger Tyger & Magie Noire.

Total worn: 23, & no clear winner for House of the Month. The temps have generally been mild here, so l haven't worn many of my cold weather fragrances yet, but mainly stuck with my late summer favourites. l'm sure that will all change soon...

Last edited:

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
OCTOBER

4 wears:
Bvlgari Omnia
Azzedine Alaia Alaia

3 wears:
Bvlgari Black
Guerlain Mon Guerlain EDT
Lush Smuggler's Soul

2 wears:
Alaia Nude, VC & Arpels Bois d'Iris, Bois Dore, Guilty Absolute pour femme, Ghost Luminous, NR For Her EDT, NR For Her Musc Noir,
Parfum Sacre, Incense: Avignon, Pink Sugar, Shalimar Souffle Intense, Sarah Jessica Parker's Twilight.

+ many, many single wears - I did a lot of testing this month.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Nerdette reporting in!

5 wears:
Cozé 02

3 wears:
Copper Skies
Unknown Pleasures
Libre Intense
Sycomore edt
Earl Grey & Cucumber

2 wears:
Winter of 99
Black Vetyver Cafe
Volutes
Le Lion de Chanel
Cuir Impertinent
Patchouli Nobile
Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Autumn is my favorite perfume-wearing season! Patchouli, vetiver, tobacco, and leather are the notes I love most. Kerosene gourmands will continue to be in heavy rotation for the next few months.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I thought it would be cool to share what all the nerdettes wore the most during the month of October!

1635706071024.png

I think most of us agreed that October is a good month for bold scents, woods, ambers and various spices.
And clearly we love to synch with each other - Like This, Parfum Sacre and Feminite du bois were getting some love in the boards.
And oh, the new Shalimar flanker is getting popular, too - and I'd say this popularity is well deserved. (y)

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I thought it would be cool to share what all the nerdettes wore the most during the month of October!

View attachment 173805

I think most of us agreed that October is a good month for bold scents, woods, ambers and various spices.
And clearly we love to synch with each other - Like This, Parfum Sacre and Feminite du bois were getting some love in the boards.
And oh, the new Shalimar flanker is getting popular, too - and I'd say this popularity is well deserved. (y)

What a great idea, ClockworkAlice! It has been a while since I checked out the Girls' list.

Jun 10, 2012
For October -

4x - Armani Code
3x - Idole EdP, L'Air Du Desert Marocain, Paco Rabanne pour Homme, L'eau d'Issey pour Homme, Terre d'Hermes Parfum
2x - Acqua di Gio Profumo, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa, Gianfranco Ferre for Man, Infusion d'Iris Cedre, Le Lion de Chanel, Prada L'Homme, R de Capucci, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Everything else once.

Kotori

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
Most worn Oct 2021

4x-
Rush
3x-
Coromandel
Infusion d’Iris
2x-
Angelique Noire, Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, Chypre Siam, Dune, Eau de Neroli Dore, Eau Parfumee au The Blanc, L de Lolita
1x-
Diorella, Elixir des Merveilles, Gieffeffe, Hanae Mori, Jungle L’Elephant, Montale Aoud Cuir d’Arabie, No. 19 Poudre, Shalimar Cologne, Shalimar Mexique, Traversee du Bosphore

HouseOfPhlegethon

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
6 wears - Lilac by Demeter

5 wears - Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt

4 wears - Royal Bain de Caron / Champagne

3 wears - Grape Pearls by House of Oud

3 wears - Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit Black Couture (or whatever it's called)

3 wears - Paestum Rose - Eau d'Italie

Sylviah

Jun 3, 2020
How did your tastes or preferences change?
First of all, I wear less perfume. Instead of wearing one or two every day like I used to do, I now don’t wear any fragrance most days.
My floral fragrances (not many in my collection, just some jasmin, orange blossom and iris) don’t get any wear anymore. I blind bought a bottle of Le Temps d’une Fete, but can’t bring myself to try it. It’ll have to wait. Also, my leathers, animalics and incense fragrances get less wear than usual in autumn. Just warm spices and some ambers. Comfort scents come to think about it.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
How did you make an ordered list? I am not likely to count or record my fragrances worn any other way than SOTD, but it looks like you were able to create a list based on your SOTD or wardrobe. Can you share the wisdom?
@N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer, you too.
You can access that list here on the site by going to the SOTD menu, then clicking on 'most-worn charts' . Once there you can list your most-worn by the last day, month, year, etc. I took a screenshot of my most-worn list from October and posted it here. I used the snipping tool in Microsoft Windows to get the screenshot and zoomed out of the site a couple times before taking it - otherwise it was too big.

I blind bought a bottle of Le Temps d’une Fete, but can’t bring myself to try it.
I'd love to know where you got your bottle of Le Temps d'Une Fete! It's been discontinued for years.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
I actually went a lot of days not wearing a fragrance in October, but my most worn would have to be Terre d'Hermes Parfum.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
You can access that list here on the site by going to the SOTD menu, then clicking on 'most-worn charts' . Once there you can list your most-worn by the last day, month, year, etc. I took a screenshot of my most-worn list from October and posted it here. I used the snipping tool in Microsoft Windows to get the screenshot and zoomed out of the site a couple times before taking it - otherwise it was too big.

I'd love to know where you got your bottle of Le Temps d'Une Fete! It's been discontinued for years.
@Wingie, thank you so much!
Here we go:

View attachment 174086
The SOTD tool did not catch that I also wore Teint de Neige twice. The rest were one of.

For Mac users, Its simply: command + Shift + 4

Move the mouse point to where you where you want to position it, click it. Move the mouse to expand the box. Once done click the mouse.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 7.34.06 PM.png

RevW

Feb 19, 2018
Hello, fellow nerdettes and nerds! Another month has come to an end.

My stats look like this:

7 Rose d’Homme
5 Secrets de Rose
4 Musk (Lorenzo Villoresi)
3 N’Aimez Que Moi, Sables, Sandalo (Etro)
2 Encens et Lavande, Vetiver (Etro)

What did you wear in October?
10x oakmoss dilute / 1xvetiver/ 5x santalum - not alba :-( /3x cedarwood - Atlas /20xcyclomethicone:dimethicone premix {"Atlas Mountains"; 'Alchemista')

Latest News