More powder...

Aldara

Oct 12, 2014
Im working on the powdery effect these days, and i worked my way to sweet powdery chord im fairly happy with consisting of

Et Vanilin
Meth diantilis
Maltol
Coumarin

Any suggestions for other materials that would boost the powder effect?

ScentAle

Oct 26, 2021
Vanille, Coumarin, Oakmoss, Ambrettolide, Velvione, Musk Ketone, Anisaldehyde, Birch tar well diluted, Veratraldehyde, Heliotropex N, Coffee, Chocovan well diluted, Ionones, Violet, Iris, to my nose have all that powdery

FragOz

Jan 8, 2022
Thank you Mike. Can you provide some details about the accord you mentioned, like ratios? Heliotropin is prohibited in EU (due to its role in synthetic drug production), is it essential or can it be replaced?

Aldara

Oct 12, 2014
Adding nitromusks & heliotropin will contribute along with the ethyl vanillin & coumarin to a very classical highly tenacious mega-powdery drydown accord.
Any thougts on using the Heliotropine diethyl acetal as a replacement? (Gona give it a try anyway tho)

Aldara

Oct 12, 2014
Vanille, Coumarin, Oakmoss, Ambrettolide, Velvione, Musk Ketone, Anisaldehyde, Birch tar well diluted, Veratraldehyde, Heliotropex N, Coffee, Chocovan well diluted, Ionones, Violet, Iris, to my nose have all that powdery
Will try the birch tar. Musk ketone i find has more a rounding effect, used at 10%. Maybe nudge it up or down a bit?

Aldara

Oct 12, 2014
Will try the birch tar. Musk ketone i find has more a rounding effect, used at 10%. Maybe nudge it up or down a bit?

Todays surprise was the Birch tar.. I have never been able to use the birch tar for anything, but found it to add an undefinable nice character to the powderyness along with the Helitropine. Added a tad ambrofix and it turned into soap. Starting over again. :D

mnitabach

Nov 13, 2020
Todays surprise was the Birch tar.. I have never been able to use the birch tar for anything, but found it to add an undefinable nice character to the powderyness along with the Helitropine. Added a tad ambrofix and it turned into soap. Starting over again. :D

Turning powder to soap with ambrofix is my most recent hobby!!! 😹 😹 😹

Latest News