Suggestion More deliniation between posts on mobile view

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011
I would have preferred better/clearer delineation between posts. even if it's just a simple line or border.. Requires more concentration to determine where one post ends and the next starts. But it may just be me.
I don't have any problem with this on my computer, but I DO have a lot of problem with it on my iPhone. It's so bad that I avoid getting on Basenotes now on my phone because it looks like a run-on sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
On my phone It's not quite as hard to differentiate posts, a bit more contained because smaller, but on my laptop I have a hard time knowing where one post starts and another leaves off. I know the trend in site design today is lots of white space and little differentiation but it really would be helpful, on laptop and on phone, to have some kind of marked line or barrier between posts. The way it is now everything looks like it's floating in space and the beginning of each post has to be "found" anew, rather than being able to go to the beginning of a post right away. Don't know if others have this problem aside from perfaddict, Red and myself.

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
...on my laptop I have a hard time knowing where one post starts and another leaves off. I know the trend in site design today is lots of white space and little differentiation but it really would be helpful, on laptop and on phone, to have some kind of marked line or barrier between posts. The way it is now everything looks like it's floating in space and the beginning of each post has to be "found" anew, rather than being able to go to the beginning of a post right away. Don't know if others have this problem aside from perfaddict, Red and myself.
Agree with this completely.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
I've turned on the option to display thread titles for each reply, and I've found that it helps delineate one post from the next. I like this view better.

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
I've turned on the option to display thread titles for each reply, and I've found that it helps delineate one post from the next. I like this view better.
I turned it on, too, but it's still hard to differentiate between where a quotation ends, and one's reply begins. The pale thin line at the side of a quotation is not helpful. It would be nice to have either a box around each quotation, or a clear line of demarcation separating quotations from replies. The fonts are so close in size that they contribute to the problem.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004

Yes.. I have that on too and agree it helps on the phone, along with the (slightly too :)) light grey horizontal bands containing the member info. The main problem is on the laptop where there’s a lot of white space with no demarcation barriers.

Latest News