Moderator Changes

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
Hello all

We've some changed to the moderation team

Firstly, we're saying goodbye to RedneckPerfumisto as a moderator. I hope you will all join me in thanking 'red' for his time as a moderator and giving up some of his time to help things go smoothly round here.

I'm sad to see him go from the mod team, but hopefully we will still see his delightful contributions around the board :)

Secondly I'd like you all to join me in welcoming CuddleCat to the moderation team. CuddleCat has been a member for nearly ten years, and lives in Australia, and I'm presuming really likes cuddling cats!

Thank you to both Red at CuddleCat :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
Aw, I'll miss Red as a mod! But I hope we'll still see him posting.

CuddleCat, all the best to you in your role as mod.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
There will never be another you, Red.

You've been so much help to me personally, and such a delight for us generally, you better not go too far away, or we will hunt you down!

Cuddlecat, these are some mighty big brogues to fill, but I'm sure you're up to the job. Warmest of welcomes to you!

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Sep 28, 2015
I am actually looking forward to non-mod Red. Will go and start some controversial threads I know he would love to dive into (but would not as a mod).

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Thank you Red for all you have done to make Basenotes a wonderful place to visit and a robust welcome to CuddleCat!

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Thanks for everything, Red :beer:

Cuddlecat, all the very best in your new role
good-luck-smiley.gif

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Thanks, everybody! I really enjoyed modding, and encourage others to mull over the thought of serving in the future, the next time new mods are needed. Whether there is a posting for new mods or a few quiet inquiries, the time to think about it is earlier, so you can think it over calmly. A few years modding is a great experience, and I cannot recommend it enough. No requirement to stop being "you" - if you become a mod, it's because you are you. A diverse mod team is a treasure, and helps BN be BN! Consider the possibility - that is my first statement as an ex-mod.

And again, thanks to all you BNers wno made both modding AND BNing a pleasure. :beer:

Suspended

Jul 28, 2012
Redneck Perfumisto, your approach to moderating was superb. Thank you!

Cheers to CuddleCat.

What she said.

You understood that grey area between fun and rules, and the forum was more interesting because of your approach.

Thank you for your wonderful service. :beer:

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Thanks, everybody! I really enjoyed modding, and encourage others to mull over the thought of serving in the future, the next time new mods are needed. Whether there is a posting for new mods or a few quiet inquiries, the time to think about it is earlier, so you can think it over calmly. A few years modding is a great experience, and I cannot recommend it enough. No requirement to stop being "you" - if you become a mod, it's because you are you. A diverse mod team is a treasure, and helps BN be BN! Consider the possibility - that is my first statement as an ex-mod.

And again, thanks to all you BNers wno made both modding AND BNing a pleasure. :beer:

Thanks Red for all the work that you've done to make the Mod team great!:smiley:

I'll be the first to admit that it has crossed my mine a few times of whether I should consider the role of moderating. In a way it would be giving something back to the BN community after all it has done for me in shaping my passion for fragrances.

Personally, I have a few BNers in mind (that have never been mods) that would be wonderful additions to the team. It's always great to see members willing to step up to the role of mod and help the BN community. I think the BN community has come along way since I first joined nearly 7 years ago.

Congrats to CuddleCat!:smiley:

Primrose

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 22, 2009
Red, what can I say? I have long enjoyed your comments on BN, and your gentlemanly demeanor toward the membership. Your knowledge of fragrance and your spirit of openness to the discussion was always appreciated. I wish you the very, very best and hope you will chime into the discussions from time to time.

You will be missed.

@CuddleCat, I look forward to your contributions. I could not have said it better than Quarry, "Long may you prowl...and cuddle."

remik

Nov 1, 2012
Red is dead. Long live CuddleCat!
=============================

Thanks Redneck for all your moderating work, and not getting sucked into difficult to balance gracefully threads. CuddleCat has indeed huge shoes to fill.

I have to share something that happened just recently, days ago, when I stumbled by accident upon your blog at https://cologniac.com and it put a smile on my face. I clicked on the link and... and there I was, staring at my own message you nicely screenshotted for posterity. Me - on your blog. I almost felt famous. Ha ha ha!!

I hope it's okay if I post the direct link to it here? Anyone clicking - please note this was all in the name of fun and a lighthearted response to what had the potential of being a heavily moderated or closed thread otherwise. https://cologniac.wordpress.com/2018/04/26/kaffeeklatsch/ - still smiling when I see your comments.

Onwards and upwards! CuddleCat - wish you all the best as you take over the baton and rule the (Basenotes) world.

Vmaster

Jan 27, 2015

Thanks Redneck for all your moderating work, and not getting sucked into difficult to balance gracefully threads. CuddleCat has indeed huge shoes to fill.

I have to share something that happened just recently, days ago, when I stumbled by accident upon your blog at https://cologniac.com and it put a smile on my face. I clicked on the link and... and there I was, staring at my own message you nicely screenshotted for posterity. Me - on your blog. I almost felt famous. Ha ha ha!!

I hope it's okay if I post the direct link to it here? Anyone clicking - please note this was all in the name of fun and a lighthearted response to what had the potential of being a heavily moderated or closed thread otherwise. https://cologniac.wordpress.com/2018/04/26/kaffeeklatsch/ - still smiling when I see your comments.

Onwards and upwards! CuddleCat - wish you all the best as you take over the baton and rule the (Basenotes) world.

Stable Genius. lol

adam090273

Jul 27, 2013
Big thanks to Red, look forward to continuing to read your posts.

Welcome to Moderating Cuddle Cat, nice to an Australian giving up personal time to help the site.

Redneck Perfumisto

Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Hello all

We've some changed to the moderation team

Firstly, we're saying goodbye to RedneckPerfumisto as a moderator. I hope you will all join me in thanking 'red' for his time as a moderator and giving up some of his time to help things go smoothly round here.

I'm sad to see him go from the mod team, but hopefully we will still see his delightful contributions around the board :)

Secondly I'd like you all to join me in welcoming CuddleCat to the moderation team. CuddleCat has been a member for nearly ten years, and lives in Australia, and I'm presuming really likes cuddling cats!

Thank you to both Red at CuddleCat :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And thank you, Grant, for a truly great moderating experience. I worked for a lot of great bosses in my day, but this one was a dream job.

Hope to spend plenty of time contributing and helping us have great discussions! :beer:

Aw, I'll miss Red as a mod! But I hope we'll still see him posting.

CuddleCat, all the best to you in your role as mod.

You will definitely see me posting! :cool:

Red we hardly knew ya! Thank you for your service. Your posts and Mod style added to the Basenotes experience for me and I suspect all who encountered them. Well done sir!

And thank you CuddleCat for stepping in!

Thanks. Cheers, old friend! :beer:

There will never be another you, Red.

You've been so much help to me personally, and such a delight for us generally, you better not go too far away, or we will hunt you down!

Cuddlecat, these are some mighty big brogues to fill, but I'm sure you're up to the job. Warmest of welcomes to you!

Don't worry - I wouldn't miss this joint for all the Creed in the universe! :wink:

creed_universe.png

I am actually looking forward to non-mod Red. Will go and start some controversial threads I know he would love to dive into (but would not as a mod).

:evil: :grin:

Thank you Red for all you have done to make Basenotes a wonderful place to visit and a robust welcome to CuddleCat!

Cheers, hednic! :beer: And yes, welcome CuddleCat! :vrolijk_26:

Redneck Perfumisto, your approach to moderating was superb. Thank you!

Cheers to CuddleCat.

You're most welcome! :beer:

Thanks for everything, Red :beer:

Cuddlecat, all the very best in your new role
good-luck-smiley.gif

Thanks, Jon! And thank YOU, too, for everything you've done to help keep this ship on an even keel. :beer:

Thank you so much for your contribution, Red, welcome Cuddle Cat

Cheers, Ken! I hope to share many more discussions with you!

Red, thank you for all that you have done!

CuddleCat, welcome to the Mod Squad!

You're most welcome! :beer:

Mod Squad! I love it!

Mod Squad, LOL!

Thanks for your efforts and posts, Red.
Katzman (me) welcomes CuddleCat.

Cheers, fellow felines! :wink:

chococat_demeter_plus.jpg

Thank you dear Red for being such an outstanding mod & all-round great guy! *applause*

And congratulations to the lovely CuddleCat! :beer:

Thanks, teardrop! *applause back* :beer:

Thank you so much for all your hard work, Red! :beer:

Welcome, CuddleCat!

Thanks, Zephyr! I'll say this - even when it was hard, it was rewarding. :beer:

What she said.

You understood that grey area between fun and rules, and the forum was more interesting because of your approach.

Thank you for your wonderful service. :beer:

:beer:

You're welcome! Thanks for sticking up for that grey area. Moderating an interesting site is never a chore. It really helps when members understand there must be an active balance for discussion to thrive, and are willing to help other members to see that balance! :cool:

Thanks Red for all the work that you've done to make the Mod team great!:smiley:

I'll be the first to admit that it has crossed my mine a few times of whether I should consider the role of moderating. In a way it would be giving something back to the BN community after all it has done for me in shaping my passion for fragrances.

Personally, I have a few BNers in mind (that have never been mods) that would be wonderful additions to the team. It's always great to see members willing to step up to the role of mod and help the BN community. I think the BN community has come along way since I first joined nearly 7 years ago.

Congrats to CuddleCat!:smiley:

Don't stop letting it cross your mind! :wink: :beer:

Redneck, DUDE! Thank you for your service. :thumbsup:

CuddleCat, long may you prowl!

Nothing like a righteous DUDE!
To let me know there's GRATITUDE! :wink:

Cheers! :beer:

Red, what can I say? I have long enjoyed your comments on BN, and your gentlemanly demeanor toward the membership. Your knowledge of fragrance and your spirit of openness to the discussion was always appreciated. I wish you the very, very best and hope you will chime into the discussions from time to time.

You will be missed.

@CuddleCat, I look forward to your contributions. I could not have said it better than Quarry, "Long may you prowl...and cuddle."

Don't worry, Primrose. WHOLE LOTTA CHIMING comin' your way! :wink:

Basenotes really can be a wonderful place. Thank you, remik, for always helping make it that way! :beer:

Stable Genius. lol

:evil: / :beer:

Crimson mod neckline
Perfumed, watchful former eyes
Relax more, and stink!

Back from Olympus
My travels have just begun
O, perfume river!

de5ec5d35ae73bd746218860163abf98.jpg

Best of luck in mod-ding, cuddlecat! =^..^=

:beer:

Big thanks to Red, look forward to continuing to read your posts.

Welcome to Moderating Cuddle Cat, nice to an Australian giving up personal time to help the site.

To many, many more posts! :beer:

Redneck Perfumisto

Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Red, a haiku is needed for CuddleCat :grin:

I am inspired by CuddleCat's avatar to continue the theme of the last one! :wink: :beer:

Before golden gates
Of the Kingdom of Fragrance
A tiny cat stood.

"What keeps us at bay?"
Our Aventians cried out,
Dreaming of plunder.

Yet having endured
Many lessons of the gods
I bade them beware.

Thus looking about
We found marked upon the walls
These words of warning:

"Take heed, all that lives
Even the Queen of Lions
Falls before kitten."

"By which paradox
All things are saved from themselves
More so by themselves."

I knew by these words
That the gods somehow watched us
Their judgment at hand.

A trick of the gods
Like so many I had seen
On distant journeys.

Thus I warned the men.
"What you do unto this cat
Is done unto you."

"Treat it with kindness
And you shall receive the same
In this strange kingdom."

Hoping for the same
The men lavished affection
Upon the kitten

And just as foretold
The fair maidens of the land
Showered them in praise.

Anointing them all
With the finest of perfumes
From most distant lands.

And letting us pass
As if we had been heroes
Sparing the kitten.

Thus we passed the test
And continued our journey
To fragrant treasures.

Leaving this lesson
As a parting gift to the
Fragrant traveler.

Go ye thus in peace
And trust that smallest kindness
Goes not unnoticed.

(Image here: https://www.thefashionisto.com/wp-c...-Johnson-2017-Gentleman-Givenchy-Campaign.jpg)

Foustie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2010
I am inspired by CuddleCat's avatar to continue the theme of the last one! :wink: :beer:

Before golden gates
Of the Kingdom of Fragrance
A tiny cat stood.

"What keeps us at bay?"
Our Aventians cried out,
Dreaming of plunder.

Yet having endured
Many lessons of the gods
I bade them beware.

Thus looking about
We found marked upon the walls
These words of warning:

"Take heed, all that lives
Even the Queen of Lions
Falls before kitten."

"By which paradox
All things are saved from themselves
More so by themselves."

I knew by these words
That the gods somehow watched us
Their judgment at hand.

A trick of the gods
Like so many I had seen
On distant journeys.

Thus I warned the men.
"What you do unto this cat
Is done unto you."

"Treat it with kindness
And you shall receive the same
In this strange kingdom."

Hoping for the same
The men lavished affection
Upon the kitten

And just as foretold
The fair maidens of the land
Showered them in praise.

Anointing them all
With the finest of perfumes
From most distant lands.

And letting us pass
As if we had been heroes
Sparing the kitten.

Thus we passed the test
And continued our journey
To fragrant treasures.

Leaving this lesson
As a parting gift to the
Fragrant traveler.

Go ye thus in peace
And trust that smallest kindness
Goes not unnoticed.

(Image here: https://www.thefashionisto.com/wp-c...-Johnson-2017-Gentleman-Givenchy-Campaign.jpg)

Thats wonderful! Made my morning.

Well done Red. Your service to the Community is legend.

Congratulations CuddleCat. You will be great.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Thanks, for the welcomes & congratulations.

A huge thanks to Red for his wonderful moderating contribution to Basenotes & I look forward to getting to enjoy many more of his fantastic posts & his sense of humor in the future.

Loving all the cat references & the Mod squad!

Red, the haiku is brilliant! It has put a smile on my face after what has been a stressful few days as we dealt with a sudden family medical emergency which resulted in an emergency operation. All is going o.k., just the recovery to go through now.

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
Best wishes for the recovery phase of your family medical emergency, CuddleCat. Life can change in a split second - glad the worst is over.

Redneck Perfumisto

Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Red, that is brilliant!! :thumbup: :smiley:

Thanks, teardrop! :beer:

Thats wonderful! Made my morning.

Well done Red. Your service to the Community is legend.

Congratulations CuddleCat. You will be great.

Cheers and thanks, Foustie! And agreed - CuddleCat will be great!

Thanks, for the welcomes & congratulations.

A huge thanks to Red for his wonderful moderating contribution to Basenotes & I look forward to getting to enjoy many more of his fantastic posts & his sense of humor in the future.

Loving all the cat references & the Mod squad!

Red, the haiku is brilliant! It has put a smile on my face after what has been a stressful few days as we dealt with a sudden family medical emergency which resulted in an emergency operation. All is going o.k., just the recovery to go through now.

Glad it helped you de-stress, and HUGELY relieved to hear things have stabilized. WOW!

(((CuddleCat))), glad all is well! Sending healing vibes your way.

Same here! Big hugs!!!

Vinrambo09

Jan 14, 2010
Thanks Red,
your always responsive to my posts, so now you have more time for it :p. Looking forward for more fragrance discussions.

shadesofbleu

The power of bleu
Basenotes Plus
Jun 3, 2005
Thank you, Red, for all your hard work! (And yes, modding can be hard work!) Enjoy your time as a BN civilian :beer:

Congratulations, CuddleCat :beer: Brilliant choice!

DrJeff

Jul 19, 2015
Well done Red -classy as always. Thanks for keeping things moving smoothly around here!
Welcome aboard CuddleCat - I know you will add your own style as a Mod and make a smooth transition into your new role (and superpowers!)
:)

Latest News