Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piney

Ensar Oud - Bois De Borneo Oud

Last edited by a moderator:
P

piney

Just a quick note to let you all know that I'll be picking up this thread from now on, as I can publish fragrances directly onto the directory without much delay - which (thanks to lockdown messing up everyone's entire year, including Grant's recoding plans) furrypine sadly still can't do. I'm going to review the last few pages initially, check if things from this year have been added, then hopefully I should keep on top of it pretty well.

Thanks to furrypine for doing a magnificent job on the directory - both via these threads and behind the scenes. :)

Thank you Judith :)

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Just a quick note to let you all know that I'll be picking up this thread from now on, as I can publish fragrances directly onto the directory without much delay - which (thanks to lockdown messing up everyone's entire year, including Grant's recoding plans) furrypine sadly still can't do. I'm going to review the last few pages initially, check if things from this year have been added, then hopefully I should keep on top of it pretty well.

Thanks to furrypine for doing a magnificent job on the directory - both via these threads and behind the scenes. :)

Good to know! Thank you for your work, Judith and furrypine!

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012

Everything from this reply up to top of page, some things have been literal years in the waiting (see my compilation of extremely delinquent requests above).

Thank you!

speedracer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 12, 2015
Going back more than a few pages on what I've submitted via submission form, so I'll list them here.

Armaf Bois Nuit
YSL Y eau Fraiche
Shaklee Tioga
Rundholz Sept 21, 1966
Moschino Toy Boy
Abercrombie Fierce Reserve
Armaf Club de Nuit MILESTONE
Azzaro Ginger Lover
Azzaro Wild Mint
Kenneth Cole Serenity
Kenneth Cole Energy
Kenneth Cole Intensity
Abercrombie Fierce Blue
Parfums Vintage Aqua Intense
Hollister So Cal Sport
Gallagher Fragrances Hemera
Perry Ellis America (2019)

Also, the Navitus brand is not available to pick from in the list of brands, so listing all here that I need.
Navitus Navus
Navitus Intimus
Navitus Primus
Navitus Absolutio
Navitus Virtus
Navitus Oud Imperium
Navitus Oud Luxuria

Zgb

Jan 20, 2009
YSL La Nuit de L'Homme EdP (2019)
375x500.55078.jpg

YSL L'Homme Le Parfum(2020)
375x500.59731.jpg

MrPod

Jan 10, 2018
I've submitted these via submission form:

Ghaliyah Reflection - Amelia Perfumes
Santal Galore - Areej Le Dore
Musk Lave - Areej Le Dore
Cuir De Russie - Areej Le Dore
Agar De Noir - Areej Le Dore
Grandinia - Areej Le Dore

Thank you Judith

Paradeiserl

Mar 13, 2006
... only appear here in the forum after a certain period of time - and giving a brief explanation is insufficient, Judith!

Hundreds of missing perfumes - especially many from reputable houses - have been waiting for x years to get into the directory!

The same of self-made, copyright-free flacon and box photos sendet to Basenotes - none appear in the respective Basenotes perfume profiles.

Mails with relevant important content about perfumes, will not be answered! Will this continue, Grant?

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
Would love to see Mancera Crazy For Oud and Montale Intense Black Aoud added soon, as they are excellent fragrances that deserve reviews and perhaps more importantly for me I have missed recording a number of SOTDs for these fragrances ;)

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
... only appear here in the forum after a certain period of time - and giving a brief explanation is insufficient, Judith!

Hundreds of missing perfumes - especially many from reputable houses - have been waiting for x years to get into the directory!

The same of self-made, copyright-free flacon and box photos sendet to Basenotes - none appear in the respective Basenotes perfume profiles.

Mails with relevant important content about perfumes, will not be answered! Will this continue, Grant?

Gee, are you not getting your money’s worth?

Thanks, Judith. I have a number of entries and images to add, but I’ll give you time to catch up, first. Let us know how we can help.

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Apologies if any of these have already been mentioned, but l'd like to see these Neil Morris fragrances added, please:

Sherlock
Renaissance
Vanille d'Ete
Manipur
Only You
Moment
Amazon Jungle
Rose Tattoo
A Rose is a Rose
First Snow

Also, Louis by The Zoo.

And l think a fragrance by Dame Perfumery has been given two separate listings, when l believe these are one & the same: JD Mimosa Mixte, & JD Mimosa Mixte Noir Femme. Mimosa Mixte is the name, & it is from the JD Noir Femme collection.

drseid

Sound Scents
Basenotes Plus
Jun 1, 2003

Judith Brockless

Administrator
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Nov 20, 2010
Quick update!

1. I'm plodding through the list - but will in future be following furrypine's sensible routine of editing the requests themselves, rather than cluttering up the thread with my replies.

2. New perfumes (2019/2020) will appear on the main directory page, so keep 'em peeled!

3. When I say 'by tomorrow' it's because the site updates automatically once a day - if Grant isn't around I can't do an instant publish and I have to wait for the update; if he is around and presses the Basenotes magic button, you get to see your fragrance earlier.

:)

N.B. One last thing - please, for now, DON'T add things via the submission form - this thread will be quicker. Alternatively, send an e-mail to support@basenotes.net

Links and any other info you have to hand will speed up the process. Thanks!

furrypine

Community Manager
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2007
I understand the frustrations but there are only so many hands available behind the scenes. The fact that Judith now can publish (more or less) directly is an improvement and we can move quicker through the backlog, but you need to accept that there is always going to be a backlog. Use this thread and also the support email that goes to Judith to supply info and photos: support@basenotes.net. We are all working towards the same goal, to make the site better. :thumbup:

Last edited:

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
My SOTD is not in the directory:

Lacoste by Jean Patou (1967)
Masculine
Perfumer: Jean Kerléo
Top: bergamot, lemon, petitgrain, basil, coriander, rosemary, lavender
Heart: carnation, geranium, heliotrope, patchouli, cinnamon, clary sage, vetiver, cedar
Base: ambergris, oakmoss, musk, tonka, vanilla

Not the same as Eau de Sport (1968)

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Quick update!

1. I'm plodding through the list - but will in future be following furrypine's sensible routine of editing the requests themselves, rather than cluttering up the thread with my replies.

2. New perfumes (2019/2020) will appear on the main directory page, so keep 'em peeled!

3. When I say 'by tomorrow' it's because the site updates automatically once a day - if Grant isn't around I can't do an instant publish and I have to wait for the update; if he is around and presses the Basenotes magic button, you get to see your fragrance earlier.

:)

N.B. One last thing - please, for now, DON'T add things via the submission form - this thread will be quicker. Alternatively, send an e-mail to support@basenotes.net

See my post #817 on thread page 28. I pushed forward several requests from others for then-new scents, some 2 years old. Thanks!

Zgb

Jan 20, 2009
This one is also missing, Boss Bottled Eau de Parfum 2020.; and yeah Boss Bottled Intense EdP 2016. is a thing and is an even stronger version of Boss Bottled Intense EdT 2015.

Boss Bottled Eau De Parfum, can someone add this please? Sure it'll take a few years maybe, but you have to at least start :D

375x500.62744.jpg

fanny

Aug 25, 2015
375x500.48470.jpg

Lettre de Pushkar by Ella K Parfums

Year: 2018
Nose: Sonia Constant
Notes: saffron, nutmeg, cinnamon, vetiver, patchouli, oud, rose, amber, vanilla.

Paradeiserl

Mar 13, 2006
Quick update!

If this useless form doesn't work, or it will be ignored by the staff, it should be deleted IMMEDIATELY by the webmaster!

Paradeiserl

Mar 13, 2006
I understand the frustrations but there are only so many hands available behind the scenes. The fact that Judith now can publish (more or less) directly is an improvement and we can move quicker through the backlog, but you need to accept that there is always going to be a backlog. Use this thread and also the support email that goes to Judith to supply info and photos: support@basenotes.net. We are all working towards the same goal, to make the site better. :thumbup:

furrypine, kind of funny your answer!
What is the email address support@basenotes.net good for, if there is neither a reply nor an update?
Above all, I find it ridiculous that Judith and you - Grant don't trust to you to do independent updates.

I even have Judith's email address, where there was a very lively exchange before. And now there is silence!
My disappointment is accordingly!

And it is not "many hands", you write - but actually only Judith's hands that do everything.
And then "daddy Grants" finally ok!

I can understand that with only 3 people, everything is quite difficult to update everything in a short time.
But a kind of ignorance doesn't help!

Take care and do the best!

fanny

Aug 25, 2015
375x500.57010.jpg

Cri du Kalahari - Ella K Parfums

Year: 2019
Nose: Sonia Constant
Note: Baobab

fanny

Aug 25, 2015
403x538.46115.jpg

Rosendo Mateu Nº 5 Floral, Amber, Sensual Musk Rosendo Mateu Olfactive Expressions

Year: 2017
Nose:Rosendo Mateu
Notes: exotic floral notes, spices, carnation, lily-of-the-Valley, amber, vanilla, musk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest News