Missing from the directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judith Brockless

Administrator
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Nov 20, 2010
Can we also post about faulty fragrance directory entries here? I don't see any clear mechanism on the site for this purpose.

Jovoy Rouge Assassin. Fault -- incorrect spelling. Entry has "Assasin". An "S" is missing.

Edited by Furrypine to add: View attachment 64089 Yes, you can post corrections here. I've notified Grant and he will change the name.

I can edit any mistakes - please feel free to send an e-mail to support@basenotes.net if you spot typos/erros, I can pick them up there and then they won't get lost on a long thread.

IsoESuperman

People of Zee Wurl, Relax
Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Only 2 of the 6 Perris Monte Carlo Extraits are in the directory (Santal du Pacifique & Absolue d'Osmanthe). Missing are:

Rose de Taif Extrait
Ylang Ylang Nosy Be Extrait
Patchouli Nosy Be Extrait
Oud Imperial Extrait

I believe they are all 2016 releases, maybe 2015.

The newest Bruno Fazzolari, Feu Secret is still not showing up. In the queue perhaps? A 2017 release.

The newest from Providence Perfume Co. Heart of Darkness is missing. 2016 or 2017 I believe.

Also, Neil Morris Tea House is missing. It's no longer on his website, details are few. Not hopeful but thought I'd mention it.

And while I'm here, why not nitpick? ;) Few Typos:

1) Baruti Berlin im Winter currently has "Im" capitalized, but according to the company it is not.

2) Also, a 2016 Tom Ford, Vert des Bois is currently in as "Vert de Bois".

Edited by Fyrrypine to add: I have registered all of the above, except Feu Secret, which is already in the directly. I will let Grant know about the typos. View attachment 66193

Typos fixed - JB.

Many thanks furrypine & Judith!

Bangkok Hound

User of Toilet Water
Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015
I submitted Tom Ford's Sole di Positano (2017) and Vert de Fleur ​(2016) a couple of days ago. Really surprised they were missing.

EDIT: I see they've now been added. Thanks!

Last edited:

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
Okay here's the issue that's been occurring.

When I approve the fragrances, new launches get slightly more priority, so anything <2017 takes longer to turn up.

I've adjusted the way it works now so that anything from the Top 50 popular houses (such as Tom Ford!) will also get equal priority so that this means older launches from popular brands that I've missed will likely turn up sooner.

I'm having a directory bash today so hopefully some of these should show up

Sorry everyone

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011

When I approve the fragrances, new launches get slightly more priority, so anything <2017 takes longer to turn up.

I've adjusted the way it works now so that anything from the Top 50 popular houses (such as Tom Ford!) will also get equal priority so that this means older launches from popular brands that I've missed will likely turn up sooner.

Sorry everyone

Thanks, Grant.

If it's not going to be too much trouble, would you be able to take a look at the Tapatalk issue we are experiencing for a while now? I am guessing it should be a matter of bouncing the Tapatalk service on the site, but I oculd be wrong.

IsoESuperman

Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015

Sorry everyone

Thanks Grant, appreciate the update.

And the long-awaited Le Vetiver - Carven is now up!!!

Scarce

Dec 28, 2014
Thanks Grant, appreciate the update.

And the long-awaited Le Vetiver - Carven is now up!!!

tenor.gif

pluran

Mar 2, 2006
Sycomore Eau de Parfum (Chanel)

It is a different fragrance than the EDT. Fragrantica has had it up on their site for months.

Edited by furrypine to add: thumbs-up-24.gif The EdP has been added.

Last edited by a moderator:

jabar

Apr 24, 2011
Don't want to mess up the input form, so I'll post my request here:

Calvin Klein Liquid Gold Euphoria Men (2014) http://www.calvinklein.us/en/liquid-gold-euphoria-44015970
Calvin Klein Liquid Gold Euphora (femme) (2014)
Calvin Klein Pure Gold Euphora Men (2017)
Calvin Klein Pure Gold Euphora (femme) (2017)

Can't find official site pages other than the Liquid Gold Euphoria Men, so here's fragrantica links for the others:
https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Calvin-Klein/Liquid-Gold-Euphoria-24786.html
https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Calvin-Klein/Pure-Gold-Euphoria-Men-44224.html
https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Calvin-Klein/Pure-Gold-Euphoria-Women-44223.html

These are all EdPs.

Edited by Furrypine to add: Thanks! thumbs-up-24.gifThey have all been added and are waiting for approval to be published.

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006

Thank you! I will let Grant know about the new name.

Thanks! There's still an issue, though. I could only find this house through the house search, not in a regular name search. When I did find the scent I own and checked it, it didn't get added to my wardrobe. (Gold II)

Edit-Never mind. I've added it to my wardrobe now. I think I was misspelling the first part. Sorry.

Last edited:

Circo

Sep 20, 2015
Primark - Noir

(incidentally a wonderful bargain)

20170713_234205.jpg
20170713_234235.jpg
20170713_234134.jpg

Edited by Furrypine to add: Thanks! thumbs-up-24.gif I've added the line and the current fragrances to the directory. They are in line to be approved.

Vernona

May 4, 2014
May I please ask for these two to be added:
Hilde Soliani Vani Choc (I submitted the form allready)
Nabucco Amatys Parfum Fin

Edited by Furrypine to add: thumbs-up-24.gifThank you for the submission! I have added the two fragrances from Nabucco that is not in the directory. They are from 1997 though, so it will take time before they appear in the directory. (Since new launches take priority)

bugsyiii

May 8, 2007
I own 2 fragrances that aren't in your system (there are a few more from this Israeli brand) and thought maybe you could help me get them added...

Brand: En Gedi

Fragrances:
Lion of Judah
King David
King Solomon
....and some for women as well.

The link below gives a little more information.

http://www.eingedi.net/Biblical_Perfumes_s/38.htm

Edited by Furrypine to add: thumbs-up-24.gif Thanks for the tip about the brand! I've added them all and they are in the queue to be published. Shame there was so little information about the notes.

IsoESuperman

Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Still missing 6 of the 8 Perris Monte Carlo Extrait de Parfum line. Absolue d'Osmanthe Extrait and Santal du Pacifique Extrait are in, missing are:

Rose de Taif Extrait
Ylang Ylang Nosy Be Extrait
Oud Imperial Extrait
Patchouly Nosy Be Extrait
Cacao Aztèque Extrait
Tubéreuse Absolue Extrait

I know sometimes different concentrations are not added to the directory, but 2 of them were added so I figured the rest would be as well. I can submit using the form if that is easier. For photos, the owner, Gian Luca Perris is a Basenotes member (Gian_Luca_Perris) so perhaps he would have the best photos to use for them.

Also missing are some of their new Eau de Parfum releases:

Tubéreuse Absolue

Top : Bergamot, Cardamom, Lavender, Galbanum
Heart : Tuberose, Broom, Jasmin Sambac, Gardenia
Base : Orange Blossom, Cedro, Vetyver, Musk

Cacao Aztèque

Top : Black pepper, Pink pepper, Cardamom
Heart : Rhum, Orchid, Pittosporum, Tuberose
Base : Sandalwood, Cacao, Leather, Musk

I also noticed that for Chanel, Jersey (in my wardrobe) turned from regular Jersey to Jersey Eau de Toilette - I own Jersey Parfum but only the EdT is in the directory. A while back pluran requested the Les Exclusifs Eau de Parfum concentrations be added, so will the Parfum concentrations be added as well? Ongoing project? Thank you :)

Edited by Furrypine to add: I know I have added some of the Perries' extraits via the form but they have not showed up yet. I will add the rest, and the new ones. I've found good quality photos of all the bottles on their site so we are covered!

The Chanels; it's up to Grant to make the final decision, but I have submitted the EdP concentrations and they are in the queue to be published if Grant wants to do that. Hopefully the Parfum/Extraits will get their own entries as well. thumbs-up-24.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News