Missing from the directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bangkok Hound

User of Toilet Water
Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015
I just submitted Dinudisit (which I'm sure I misspelled on the form) and Serin from January Scent Project.

Earlier I submitted O'Fraiche and Wicked Good from Gallagher Fragrances.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
La Petite Robe Noire Black Perfecto Eau de Parfum has two almost identical pages - it probably would be good to merge them.

La Petite Robe Noire Black Perfecto Eau de Toilette should have a slightly different picture: https://www.guerlain.com/int/en-int...tite-robe-noire-eau-de-toilette-florale-spray

L'Occitane Pamplemousse Rhubarbe (https://il.loccitane.com/grapefruit-rhubarb-eau-de-toilette,20,1,77000,897018.htm#s=95841) and L'Occitane Jasmin Immortelle Neroli (https://il.loccitane.com/jasmin-immortelle-neroli-eau-de-toilette,20,1,76999,896606.htm#s=95841) are missing their pictures.

Thank you for taking care of things!

Edit: I just checked again and L'Occitanes DO have pictures. Either someone fixed them super quickly, or I was only dreaming of those missing pictures. Guerlains still need merging and/or updating though. Either thanks or sorry! :)

Last edited:

furrypine

Community Manager
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2007
La Petite Robe Noire Black Perfecto Eau de Parfum has two almost identical pages - it probably would be good to merge them.

La Petite Robe Noire Black Perfecto Eau de Toilette should have a slightly different picture: https://www.guerlain.com/int/en-int...tite-robe-noire-eau-de-toilette-florale-spray

L'Occitane Pamplemousse Rhubarbe (https://il.loccitane.com/grapefruit-rhubarb-eau-de-toilette,20,1,77000,897018.htm#s=95841) and L'Occitane Jasmin Immortelle Neroli (https://il.loccitane.com/jasmin-immortelle-neroli-eau-de-toilette,20,1,76999,896606.htm#s=95841) are missing their pictures.

Thank you for taking care of things!

Edit: I just checked again and L'Occitanes DO have pictures. Either someone fixed them super quickly, or I was only dreaming of those missing pictures. Guerlains still need merging and/or updating though. Either thanks or sorry! :)

I will alert Judith about the photo for the Edt, and we should probably change the name and use the full, long-winded La Petite Robe Noire Black Perfecto Eau de Toilette Florale :smiley:

There are quite a few double entries now, but I don't think we will be able to fix that until next year when Grant has more time on his hands.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
This stuff has been out since 2016!!??!?!?! STILL isnt in the database
BNPlus fees and ad revenue notwithstanding, Basenotes isn't as much a business as a labor of love run mostly by one person with the assistance of few dedicated volunteers. It is thus inevitable that some fragrances will fall through the cracks—some from much earlier than 2016—and that it takes some time to update the database.

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
Added via contributor form:

s-l1600.jpg

Almost a year .... can this please be added? I'm not able to update my SOTD.

Thanks.

justfoxie

Oct 23, 2018
Over the course of today, I'll be submitting forms for the 5 fragrances from Sylvaine Delacourte's Orange Blossom collection. Can you please add them to the directory?
https://www.sylvaine-delacourte.com/en/collections/3

Also quite a while ago I submitted forms for Acorelle's Fleur Poivree & Land of Cedar, which haven't been added yet. Could those bump up the list to be added to the directory?

Juxtapozbliss

Author, Artist & Creative Director
Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
I added The Scent Absolute a few weeks back but still nothing new in the directory.

375x500.56295.jpg

I added this one this morning and hope it will be added soon:

375x500.55963.jpg

EDIT: It is Valentino Uomo Born in Roma

Probably don't hold your breath. I submitted 5 new SIXTEEN92 scents 2 months ago, and they are still not added. I had to wait 6 months for the previous set of SIXTEEN92 scents that I submitted to get posted. I wish Grant could delegate this responsibility to the moderators. Having to do it all himself is so impractical. Especially because he is supposedly working to transition the entire site to a new user interface...which, by the way, I've heard nothing about in a long time. I wonder if it's really going to happen.

speedracer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 12, 2015
Probably don't hold your breath. I submitted 5 new SIXTEEN92 scents 2 months ago, and they are still not added. I had to wait 6 months for the previous set of SIXTEEN92 scents that I submitted to get posted. I wish Grant could delegate this responsibility to the moderators. Having to do it all himself is so impractical. Especially because he is supposedly working to transition the entire site to a new user interface...which, by the way, I've heard nothing about in a long time. I wonder if it's really going to happen.

Agreed, it's been bad lately and a detriment to the sight (other forum/review sites don't seem to have this issue), if I may be so dramatic. I have a 2014 frag (Rundholz Sept 21, 1966) that I submitted in January this year, still not added, but there are also multiple, newer 2019 & 2018 releases that I submitted and commented on here going back to June that still haven't made it. A minor inconvenience and a first-world issue to be sure, but at some point, shouldn't the process for a major function of this site be updated to benefit its users? I know it's always been a slow process which is kinda understandable, but my main point is that it's been especially bad lately. Any news or updates on when we can expect a change or at least an expedited flush of submitted styles to get them live?

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Agreed, it's been bad lately and a detriment to the sight (other forum/review sites don't seem to have this issue), if I may be so dramatic. I have a 2014 frag (Rundholz Sept 21, 1966) that I submitted in January this year, still not added, but there are also multiple, newer 2019 & 2018 releases that I submitted and commented on here going back to June that still haven't made it. A minor inconvenience and a first-world issue to be sure, but at some point, shouldn't the process for a major function of this site be updated to benefit its users? I know it's always been a slow process which is kinda understandable, but my main point is that it's been especially bad lately. Any news or updates on when we can expect a change or at least an expedited flush of submitted styles to get them live?

I agree with you, and I also wish Grant would update us on his global progress. I haven't seen a post from him in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

H_West

Oct 14, 2015

That makes me sad to read. It is important to have that function working, otherwise the whole SOTD function will fall. A delegation seems to be necessary, as you pointed out, and I don't see that as a difficult thing to work out.

furrypine

Community Manager
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2007

The current system is not really set up for multiple users to approve and publish to the directory. That will change with the updated site that Grant is working on. And yes, a new site is coming :) The problem is that Grant only has one set of hands and has to split his time between maintaining the current site and coding the new one. Next year Basenotes will be 20 years old and we will celebrate that by upgrading to a sleek and fun new site. We are in the last transitional months now, so I am going to ask you to have some patience while the final push is happening backstage.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
The current system is not really set up for multiple users to approve and publish to the directory. That will change with the updated site that Grant is working on. And yes, a new site is coming :) The problem is that Grant only has one set of hands and has to split his time between maintaining the current site and coding the new one. Next year Basenotes will be 20 years old and we will celebrate that by upgrading to a sleek and fun new site. We are in the last transitional months now, so I am going to ask you to have some patience while the final push is happening backstage.

Thanks for the update. I think it would help us all if Grant would post an update on his progress occasionally so that we aren't in the dark.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016

By the way, can you let Grant know that it appears Tapatalk is going to be broken until he updates the SSL CERTIFICATE and makes Basenotes a secure site? Thanks.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Interesting, I just checked and still it's not in the directory, does it take time to show up?

Techt - Furrypine did you a favor and submitted it in the form. But Grant himself, the owner and developer of the website, is the only one who can actually add fragrances to the site. It is a constant frustration that because he is busy it may take many months, if ever, for something to be added to the library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News