Miserable Sampling Impressions at My First Visit to a Creed Boutique

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Now I get find out what Creed has to say abut their history:

View attachment 319928
Do we know if it's a fake yet? Can anyone verify the batch number? I reckon those with a batch number dating back to 1760 are so much more than just any of those magazines produced after 2020.
And do we know if the horse in the picture is the original horse of Alexander the Great?

Oct 10, 2019
I visited their Creed Boutique website and curious what they did to it the last couple of years. They did mention of publishing their family history in their first ever magazine. I was able to find a copy of the magazine online and decide to buy just out of curiosity.

If anyone is interested in their magazine, the first issue that is:

s-l1600.png

I had a pleasant experience at the Creed Boutique in Beverly Hills last year. They gave me a decant of Viking Cologne along with this book.

Full of marketing nonsense of course, but the scents seemed more or less the same to me. I've also come to the conclusion that their scents need years to macerate. My bottle of BdP I bought in 18 felt diluted, and too fresh, at first. My first impression was very weak. Now its blossomed and become, creamy, luxurious, and the ambergris accord is delicious. Strangely, enough I think I pick up on some treemoss now as well.

The same with my Aventus. It is now creamy, vanillic, and very birchy. No smoke, though! But that was to be expected post 15.

Last edited:

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...