Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015
Shuhrah pour Homme from Rasasi
vjkA72x.jpeg

Lovescully

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 2, 2010
Peruvian Ambrette by Ermenegildo Zegna. I had always ranked this release amongst my least favourite from the Zegna Essenze line, and I had dismissed it as (at best) a soft amber/woody scent, and (at worst) a touch unpleasant/animalistic. I had bought this blind back when it was first released, as at that time I had the complete Essenze collection and couldn't conceive that Zegna would have a mediocre release. Unfortunately, my first impressions were exactly that; a somewhat boring amber/wood. Well, imagine my surprise today when I took this from the back of the wardrobe on a whim to give it another go. I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice this is! I detect a pleasant combination of amber, iris, musk, and wood. At first, it's a bit cold and stark feeling, but soon transforms into a warmer comfortable cashmere cloud. I'm unsure if my tastes have changed over time or if this has somehow improved over the years by sitting in the dark at the back of my wardrobe? Regardless, I'll have to re-think my rankings of where this sits in my Zegna Essenze collection.
Peruvian Ambrette Ermenegildo Zegna.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...