[Men's] SOTD Tuesday 6th of December 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
Completely switching the vibe and syncing with Tuesday Sync this afternoon by a wearing of 1899 Hemingway by Histoires de Parfums.
So after a late shower, I’ve changed things a bit. I did a good job of scrubbing remnants of 1899 away, to the point I couldn’t perceive it any longer. But fearing I just may have a touch of anosmia set in, I wanted to make sure that I wore something that would mask any lingering tastes of what was. I kept with Histoires de Parfums but decided to go with their take-no-prisoners and truly niche fragrance…. 1740 Marquis de Sade.

This fragrance hits sweet and powdery and complex and clean and leathery and naughty and nice, all at the same time. The powder here is about as strong as I can handle. And while many gourmands are simply too much for my tastes, 1740 takes me to the edge over and over without crossing the line. The powdery effect does ease up dramatically and eventually. From experience with this seldom worn fragrance of mine (actual original release juice, I have) I already know before we get there that the end result is close wearing naughtiness. Thinking to the inspiration of 1740… if 1725 is the prelude that was ok to be around guests and appreciated, then 1740 is the raunchiness of what later occurred behind closed and locked doors. This can be quite polarizing, as if you walked in on something you weren’t supposed to see. And yet, you will look. And then you will ask yourself why you looked and contemplate how you feel about it. And that just may be the highest compliment a fragrance can get for the perfumer. It challenges your senses, and moves the needle. Even though I find it to be masterfully done, and perhaps the only HdP that truly delivers on what it proposes, I find I can only wear this fragrance once or twice a year. Performance is outstanding. I wish I had only remembered that this fragrance was a commitment before I sprayed. Luckily my wife knows I sprayed this on, and so I’ll avoid any questions in the morning regarding when I may have snuck out during the night and what the hell was I doing and with whom as this reeks in the late drydown of the morning after your very wild and inappropriate night.

deltasun

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 12, 2017
SOTE:

52539468392_46d5624d26_c.jpg

Parfums Dusita Oudh Infini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...