jamals-desert-75ml-memo-paris-eau-de-parfum-862_1000x.jpg

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
3zZH5Pi.jpg

Maison Micallef - Osaïto

Perfumed by:
Jean-Claude Astier (left) and Geoffrey Nejman (right)
lNelXIC.jpg

To my nose I get from this fragrance an almost Acqua di Gio 'ish core, but a lush floral and light powder coating that 'floats' on top of that core like a cotton cloud. It's got a melancholy and gray emotional effect for me. The gray stone color for the bottle they selected is very well chosen but I also get a 'white' color with my synesthesia. This scent can work in any season. It works great in the Fall for me even though at first thought it would be a Spring or Summer scent. That low-color impression though 'feels' like Fall to me.

Last edited:

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
IMG_20211122_185323_503.jpg

Caron Pour Un Homme L'Eau (2018)

A lovely light recipe of Pour Un Homme, with a bit of an ozonic start that moves through the classic lavender of the original, before basing out with a salty ambergris (found in Pour Un Homme Sport).

Touches of vanilla like the original, but presented dryly, with only subdued wisps of other notes, sage replacing tonka and cedar adding a woody feel to the mineralic musk. This is light as an "eau", but long-lasting.

I'd call it just shy of transparent, so you'll catch more than fits and starts of it throughout the day, and it's a shame we'll never really know what else William Fraysse could have done as he was ousted in favor of Jean Jacques by the new owners of Caron.

If this L'Eau and the previous Sport flankers were any indication of his abilities, he was well on his way to possibly doing better than his father Richard Fraysse, who on the men's side hadn't much success outside The Third Man (1985).

Richard's L'Anarchiste (2000) and Yuzu Man (2011) both being weird and beautiful commercial flops, but flops nonetheless, even if I still love them. If you are nuts for the original and have room in your heart for a "summer" take, try this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News