[Men's] SOTD Thursday 24th of November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
While not necessarily that special in the fragrance world, I’m starting my thanksgiving day off by wearing something special to me for my SOTD…. My 2008 bottle of Versace Pour Homme. I was gifted the bottle by my wife that year, who, at the time, was pregnant with our youngest son. That boy has put me through some major highs and lows, but I’m thankful he’s with me and doing well.

Tonight, I’ll be wearing another fragrance that will be special and also regarding thankfulness.

I hope everyone has an amazing day with loved ones!

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
While not necessarily that special in the fragrance world, I’m starting my thanksgiving day off by wearing something special to me for my SOTD…. My 2008 bottle of Versace Pour Homme. I was gifted the bottle by my wife that year, who, at the time, was pregnant with our youngest son. That boy has put me through some major highs and lows, but I’m thankful he’s with me and doing well.

Tonight, I’ll be wearing another fragrance that will be special and also regarding thankfulness.

As the father of a 35 year old let me say that with a 13 or 14 year old you're standing on the precipice of a wild ride in the upcoming few years!
Of course we're all different so here's hoping your child's teen years are much smoother than mine were! At least I can say we've both emerged from those years as better people!! He's now actually an amazing father to my grandson.

VanAllan

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 6, 2008
MFK Oud edp | 2012 | Francis Kurkdjian
3c_17855_d2762e46873095686924e973f1511acc_1200.jpg

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015

As an update…

Remembering my youth, and especially a good time in life, of learning and love and dreams and hopefulness, and for how far I’ve come and so grateful for every trial, tribulation, and triumph… my SOTN is Gucci Nobile.

AndyL

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 2, 2022
View attachment 311486

Bathory by Darren Alan Perfumes (2017)

A real musky animal bomb topped with rose, blackcurrant, beeswax, and muted spices. The base is crammed with civet and deer musk, but it hides cleverly behind dragon's blood, leather, and frankincense.
Making my eyes water just reading then note breakdown. Not an amateur fragrance. Wow!

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Making my eyes water just reading then note breakdown. Not an amateur fragrance. Wow!
Definitely not.

If you don't like 'em dark and musky (I mean well and truly musky) with a bakhoor vibe from the resins and incense, this one will have you beyond the pale like Elizabeth Bathory herself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...