Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyL

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 2, 2022
Y EDT by YSL
Y.jpg

Thought I read YSL did a purposeful reformulation of the EDT to change things up. Haven't sampled it yet tho.

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2009
Saturday binge day:

Morning: Guerlain Jicky EdP, in the fairly recent bee bottle. I love this stuff. Much, much better than the wan EdT I purchased a few years ago.

Late morning: Molinard Patchouli. A gift from Mrscologneguy. Second wearing. I like it. Strikes me as a good fragrance for layering. I also own Molinard Vanille Patchouli. Almost redundant in my collection, still glad I own both.

Afternoon: Guerlain Habit Rouge Dress Code. The first edition. I’ve seen some discussion regarding possible differences in later Dress Code releases. Not sure if any of that is true, but the bottle I own is mighty fine stuff. Features a famous praline accord, which works surprisingly well within the context of classic Habit Rouge.

The binge goes on. . . dinner at in-laws’ house later, better tone it down for that. . .

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
SOTD: Chanel Egoiste

A few sprays from the generous remains of a "gifted" decant — old formulation.
Completely by chance, my SOTD was also Egoiste! Modern formulation for me, but it's still a solid 9/10 (if not the full glory of the vintage juice). Once it gets to the core spiced rosewood accord, all is right in the world.

Post workout SOTE: Serge Lutens La Couche du Diable. On paper this shares quite a few notes with Egoiste (rose, tangerine, cinnamon, amber), but of course smells nothing like it. LCDD is death by molten labdanum and scorched fruit, a stew of dark woods and spices spiked with oud, with the sense that the whole thing is set to simmer but could catch flame at any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...