hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Djanet Sunset by Maissa Parfums

5-1000x1200.png

gentel

Basenotes Member
Jan 5, 2022
Today I blind-pulled my 6th sample from my bag of 12 that I ordered. Based on the powdery notes and florals similar to Tres Nuit I felt very confident that it was Prada L'Homme Intense. But it turned out to be the violet and mossy notes from Bentley For Men Black.

I'll blame the online notes a bit for my missed guess - I don't think the fragrance is woody at all and most of its note pyramid things like tobacco or tangerine I can't perceive at all. To me this is iris/violet florals over powdery and earthy notes.

But more important than my guessing game is that this fragrance is very good - unique and refined with its floral, powdery, and mossy notes this is elegant and masculine while being so distinguished from the typical masculine fresh fragrances.

26159529-5389-j

sagebrush

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 20, 2017
SsOTD, from the 'Stinkers Bag' :
Left arm, finished a sample of Francesca Bianchi The Lover's Tale. More or less just fumes left, but enough for one arm. Forgot how strong this is, and should have left it at that. But no.
Right arm : Serge Lutens La Couche du Diable (sample). Smells of heat when first applied. Where TLT is sweet and animalic, LCDD is sour/astringent and woody, with tobacco.

WFH/nothing planned for today. Probably just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...