[Men's] SOTD Saturday 15th of January 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007

Indigo Tanzanite by Armani Prive

o.7LYkIP8ABNa.jpg

Jan 5, 2022
I was just out of the house and stopped by Sephora and sampled two fragrances while there:
  1. Dior Sauvage Elixir - I don't like it and now that's five out of five Dior fragrances I've tried that I disliked. It's got the same fundamental fresh spicy aspect that regular Sauvage has, but this time with cinnamon and licorice root instead of the emphasis on the pink and black peppercorns. I don't like either but I thought the pink pepper was a little more interesting so overall I rank this below regular Sauvage
  2. Aqua di Gio - This is nice and clean and mass-appealing. Definitely on the sour side between its citrus, rosemary, and sea notes. I like it more than profumo which was too heavy -- this one has that same complex, well-crafted rosemary but in a way that is sourer and sweeter rather than smoky like profumo. My one criticism is the performance seems pretty weak, but the scent itself I liked a lot
Edit: Hours in I'm starting to understand and appreciate the Sauvage Elixir, I should retry regular Sauvage and see if that's any better now that I understand it better

Last edited:

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Starting off in a couple of generous sprays of Guerlain Chant d’Aromes. Ye gods this stuff is beautiful.

The newish bee bottle I purchased plays like a super high quality floral eau de cologne, enough to luxuriate in some fine floral accords for an hour or so, with a silky smooth chypre dry down. Gone within a few hours, a great tee off to today’s ferocious fragrance binge.

I woke up to a beautiful snowfall, just enough to make me want to stay in and enjoy a cozy day indoors, with a lot of fragrance indulgence to match.

Special thanks to Mr. Varanis Ridari for tipping me off to this fragrance in some of his recent posts. Chant d’Aromes has shot straight to the top of my frequent wear list, next to another luxury EdC favorite, Eau de Guerlain.

JBHoren

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 25, 2007
Phaedon Tabac Rouge

It is (or seems) more "incense-uous" than my other tobacco-centric fragrances; thankfully, no vanilla.

Update: It's an hour-and-a-half later, and something in this frag — the incense heart-note? has given me a god-awful headache... so much so, that I chose to had to wash it off (and saline-spray my sinuses). It's the olfactory equivalent of "can't unsee this." (which is why we try samples, before buying larger)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News