Jul 12, 2016
OpIWUQs.jpg

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Big Shave East

Perfumed by:
Douglas Smythe
kDt6w01.jpg

D

Deleted member 26220441

SOTE - Aedes de Venustas Iris Nazarena - among some old Green pottery. It always evokes the smell of an ancient place, reminding me of the many Tibetan buddist monasteries I've visited over the years in Ladakh and Sikkim. The incense smokey notes are very close to the incense sticks they burn. Iris Nazarena.jpg

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2017
SOTE
Hermes Equipage Geranium
Hadn't planned on wearing anything but aramis after shave this weekend, but can't resist as this came today in the mail. Hoping my wife at least doesn't dislike it. :) It's a blind buy--so hoping I like it too!

edit: Next day--Like this on a lot!

Last edited:

Ed Wardian

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 28, 2020
What do you think of this one Ed?
A lively citrus floral tonic that essentially offers a naturally sparkling pretty green due to a mint, juniper berry and vetiver accord that is touched up in fruity pulp, blackcurrant pee, rose, allspice hints and mossy musk... Overall, a surprising long lasting eau de cologne that has an aura of slightly weedy 7-UP that walks beautifully on the unisex line.

Surely, one dude that looks great as a lady or vice versa... Love it!

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
SOTE - Aedes de Venustas Iris Nazarena - among some old Green pottery. It always evokes the smell of an ancient place, reminding me of the many Tibetan buddist monasteries I've visited over the years in Ladakh and Sikkim. The incense smokey notes are very close to the incense sticks they burn. View attachment 274404
Cool back story! Thanks for sharing!

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
A lively citrus floral tonic that essentially offers a naturally sparkling pretty green due to a mint, juniper berry and vetiver accord that is touched up in fruity pulp, blackcurrant pee, rose, allspice hints and mossy musk... Overall, a surprising long lasting eau de cologne that has an aura of slightly weedy 7-UP that walks beautifully on the unisex line.

Surely, one dude that looks great as a lady or vice versa... Love it!
Excellent review! Afraid I’m going to have to give this one a sniff now. Thank you!

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
aramis by aramis (after shave) and deodorant

Last night at dinner my wife requested I avoid perfume for a while to give her nose a break from so many different perfumes, so I figure spending the weekend with just one scent, and an after shave rather than cologne or perfume--is a good compromise. :)

This came up after she smelled Nautica Voyage on me when she got home from work (I had just purchased it earlier in the day). My wife asked me what I was wearing and expressed her dislike for what she was smelling. She used to like this one on me years ago. Oh well...scrubbed it off. I do need to be more considerate, and try to wear fewer fragrances at home. My wife is a good sport overall, but just isn't a perfume person. Aramis however, is a favorite of hers--and she has smelled it on me for years--so it's always a good choice for keeping the peace.

edit: Threw The Nautica Voyage in the trash after one wearing. In addition to my wife expressing strong dislike for it, quickly realized doesn't suit me anymore either. At least it was inexpensive!
Good story, but you should retrieve that bottle and put it back in your collection. You’ll get around to liking it again later.

Agree with your sentiments here. Avoid annoying you friends and family by wearing too much fragrance, but go ahead and enjoy it for yourself. Aramis Aramis — one of my favorites, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .