[Men's] SOTD Monday 23rd of January 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentel

Basenotes Member
Jan 5, 2022
Today I blind-picked my 7th sample at random from the 12 I ordered. Based on the spicy notes I guessed Bentley for Men Absolute, in reality it was Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense.

This sinks my accuracy rate to 3/7, below 50% which I'm not pleased about (still far above random chance though). I think the online notes were pretty inaccurate. The accurate part is the myrrh, which is by far the most prominent and defining thing about this fragrance. Labeling it as a warm spicy and amber fragrance doesn't seem accurate to me though, it's not sweet enough to qualify for those labels imo. I can perceive the bergamot now that it's pointed out but other listed notes like saffron I don't notice at all.

Personally I'd describe it as a myrrh incense fragrance with bergamot zest and some fresh spice.

It's unique and luxurious but the wearability is low and I find some aspects of it unpleasant so I won't be getting a full bottle.

26134855-j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...